Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Began watching a new series, Shingeki no kyojin (Attack on Titan). Seems pretty epic so far, curious where it'll lead to. :)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series as well! I've enjoyed the manga so far.

Another one I tried (and fell in love with) today is Aku no hana (Flowers of Evil). Absolutely loving the unusual art/animation style and the pretty backgrounds~ ...of course the story seems interesting (and kinda nice, slowly moving atmospherical) so far. Definitely adding this to my watch-list too! :)

I started watching Aku no Hana today as well.

btw, is that Noko from Shinsei Kamattechan who does the vocals in the OP? I recognize the voice from somewhere, but I'm not sure...

CITY HUNTER '91 * watched the last episode yesterday evening and today

Naruto Shippuuden Thu

INITIAL D 5th Stage 2 episodes per month

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Tues

Also on my PC, waiting to be watched:

Boogiepop Phantom

Serial Experiments Lain

Paranoia Agent

Dead Leaves

FLCL

Genius Party

whoops

Alrighty new animes airing this season. Stuff I'm watching...

Aku no Hana

Arata Kangatari

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Majestic Prince

The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Valvrave the Liberator

Attack on Titan

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

i completed EVANGELION:3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO today.

Kaworu Nagisa sacrificed himself to prevent the Fourth Impact near the end.

other animes that i continue watching:

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties (Mon)

NARUTO Shippuuden (Thu)

INITIAL D 5th Stage (2 episodes every month)

Watched 2 parts from Genius Party today, omg it was so cool~ :3 Def gonna finish this one in a flash. :D

Also, throroughly enjoying Shingeki no kyojin and Aku no hana so far; great stories, always something interesting or suspenseful going on!

^ Was planning on starting that one, actually! I heard the opening theme already, pretty epic stuff! (apart from the countless hilarious parodies people have already made on it, haha).

Began watching a new series, Shingeki no kyojin (Attack on Titan). Seems pretty epic so far, curious where it'll lead to. :)

whoa!

my body is ready :o

completely wolfed down the first 6 episodes now, seems great so far, hope we don't see another promising start fail utterly *cough*sworartonline... :P

usual anime:

Hayate no Gotoku! cuties every Monday

NARUTO Shippuuden every Thursday

just finished recently the INITIAL D 5th Stage

and i'm on the 11th episode of Angel Heart

not a continuation of CITY HUNTER but a parallel universe of it. Kaori Makimura died in an accident, her heart was transplanted to Glass Heart. Glass Heart (Ling Xiang Ying) met her father but her father did not tell her his relationship to her. Ryo Saeba made a move so that Ling Xiang Ying and her father can meet each other.

the series is more darker and more moody than CITY HUNTER.

Finally sat down and watched Speed Grapher like I wanted to for the longest time

I've also been watching some older popular stuff

High School of the Dead

D-Gray Man

Soul Eater

Bleach, Naruto, Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, and IGPX.

Also, fun fact about the song in that traier for Attack on Titan. It's called Darkness on the Edge of Power. It's by Immediate in case you want to look it up on YouTube. I have the album it's on, which is pretty epic. :3

I started watching Mawaru Penguindrum and Moribito with a friend this last week. Moribito seems pretty sweet so far, but I have no idea yet about Penguindrum.

Right now that show is being super hyped...it kind of turns me off of it, tbh (anything that is really hyped I tend to be initially meh about). I will give it about a year to let the dust settle before I give it a try.

^ Trust me on this one, the hype is well deserved. There is nothing overhyped about it at all, all the reactions and praise people are giving are 100% totally deserved. Also IMO if you decide to wait I think you will regret it, for two reasons; One: when you finally do watch it your going to be beating yourself up for not checking it out sooner, and two: from my experiences watching it for the past twelve weeks I've come to the conclusion that part of what makes this anime so good is the week to week wait between episodes, while some anime series suffer from the week to week wait "Shingeki" actually benefits quite a bit from it. I don't know if its just because they took into consideration the week long wait between episodes whenever they were making it or what, but it works in it's favor.. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of watching an action packed episode that ends with an absurd (a good kind of absurd :D) climax and cliffhanger then have to wait an entire week to watch the next, it's almost like it just supercharges the entire experience with excitement and suspense at least for me that is.

Now don't get me wrong this anime will be amazing to watch even if you decide to wait till it's over and then watch all at once, but If can convince even one person to go ahead and dive in and catch up to where it is right now and then follow it week to week till its over then I believe they will overall enjoy and appreciate this anime so much more.

/rant

On a side note, second season of Kingdom just began, and I couldn't be more happy about it, as it was my overall most enjoyed new series from last year!