Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

tumblr_msdoblspKl1rxpysgo2_500.gif

I am ready, to turn into complete Katze trash again for the new Gatchaman season. If you're into Grell Sutcliff, you will like this psychopath. Be in for a treat (because he's voiced by Miyano Mamoru).

This time round I only knew what a few of the anime were about and jut decided to give each one ago (so sad) BUT THE POINT is that Gakkou Gurashi.... man i'm intrigued, I knew nothing going into it, didn't even look at what the genres were (in which case I would have known something) but yeah

interesting interesting (although some manga fans don't seem to be too happy)

Oh, I also marathoned psycho pass 1 and 2 (could not stop watching) and I enjoyed it A LOT, exceeded my expectations despite raves about it

And also rewatched gatchaman in preparation, second time around and it's charm didn't diminish. Enjoyed every second yet again

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-07/owarimonogatari-tv-anime-series-confirmed-for-october/.90151

holy fucking bloody hell!!! O__O 

now i just need Winds of Winter release date and my life will be complete.

edit: watched Detective Conan's Scarlet arc. brilliant as expected, such thrilling suspense i haven't experienced for a while. glad to see my favorite character is finally (officially) back <3

New Gundam series announced.

Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS

I can't believe they actually put orphans in the title considering how most Gundam protagonists are war orphans.

New Gundam series announced.

Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS

I can't believe they actually put orphans in the title considering how most Gundam protagonists are war orphans.

Protag looks like a white washed Setsuna F. Seiei. (Ibrahim was his real name, right?)

Nevermind, the preview picture for the video was slightly misleading. Either way, redundant title is redundant.

Found out about Monster Musume and was interested, so I watched the two available episodes. Really enjoying the randomness of it, and I love how at one moment it can be deep and emotional, and then it's all about the fanservice, aha. Typical. Also got to Nagi no Asukara, watched the first episode. Always loved the way it looks and the music, so I'm glad I've finally gotten to it. Would like to get back into Shugo Chara and give Nisekoi a go after. So many I want to check out. Gotta get back to Free! too. 

Started watching Konnichiwa Anne - Before Green Gables ..and omg, I freaking love those classics. Next will be the sequel Akage no Anne (re-watch yeaha).

From the current season:  Gangsta is my favourite, finally something with a more mature art style (or more like..more natural?). Second would be Overlord, though I didn't want to watch it at first XD
Akagami no shirayukihime is pretty good too. Also Rokka no yuusha is on my watchlist, seems interesting so far. 

And Aoharu x Kikanjuu has an awesome female lead BUT I kinda hate the guys and this Ouran High Host Club -premise aka "You broke things, you can't pay for it, so you have to do what I say!" >_>  Not sure whether to drop or continue ...

Ranpo Kitan is still really entertaining. Anticipating more on Akechi's background. (Might or might not have fallen in love with his VA all over again)

And Aoharu x Kikanjuu has an awesome female lead BUT I kinda hate the guys and this Ouran High Host Club -premise aka "You broke things, you can't pay for it, so you have to do what I say!" >_>  Not sure whether to drop or continue ...

That part is already out of the plot at the time of the 3rd episode. She's just in it for the games then.

I'm trying to watch Attack on Titan, but I keep falling asleep.

It was really hard to get through that series for some reason

That part is already out of the plot at the time of the 3rd episode. She's just in it for the games then.

Ohhhhh *______* 

*comes running back from watching the 3rd episode*

Ok, sold XD, now I only need to overcome my initial dislike for the guys. 

Aoharu × Kikanjuu is certainly entertaining. It's nice to watch something so light and fun-loving for a change, and personally I can't see the connection to Ouran Highschool Host Club all that much — the setting is entirely different and I doubt this will be revolving around Matsuoka's host club very much. I am very interested in the development of Yukimura Tooru, he's just a shady character you'd want to know more about.

Durarara!! ×2 Ten remains the same and I don't worry about them running off the rails. I love Durarara!! and every episode is yet another adventure. My favourite characters are obviously Celty and Anri (although the latter hasn't been active all that much in the last season, which is a disappointment) and I am always looking forward to seeing more of them. 

Gangsta. is really something refreshing. It reminds me of Gungrave somewhat, as in how Nicholas Brown reminds me of Brandon Heat (both appear to be altered in one way or another, with Brandon existing after death as some kind of monster). Truthfully, I didn't have much hope for this after the first episode, but the two latest releases have been quite strong and they paved the way for the rest of the story.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight continues where it left off, comically and heroic with absolutely no sense of realism whatsoever. I watched the first season in one sitting because I was simply enjoying it so much. Berg Katze was the main reason for this, however with how Ichinose has absorbed him and he only appears during quick occasions, I am uncertain how this anime will develop itself further. A new Gatchaman has arisen who appears to only be able to activate her suit in anger or another highly emotional state, and something tells me that I have seen this before a dozen times.

GATE(ゲート)自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり — this is an oddball. A gate to another dimension has opened in the middle of Tokyo and all kinds of monsters come flying out. Dragons, elves, orcs, you name it. A random otaku saves the day with strategies he came up with whilst playing videogames and immediately he is promoted into the army as first lieutenant out of the blue. I'll have to watch more of this to form a solid opinion, because at the moment it just looks weird.

Junjou Romantica 3, oh yes dear, do I watch this. I felt obliged to continue the series because at one point my yaoi-driven friend had forced me to sit through this entire thing with her. It grew on me and I can't seem to be able to shake it off despite the slight embarassment. If you know the drift, I need give you no further explanation on this.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace only bothers me with one thing at the moment: why not write a normal boy into this series? It could've been so much more mature if the anime didn't focus on making a boy as girlish as possible without even giving us one indication of him being a boy other than how he is addressed by these pronouns. The entire story loses its purpose because it all just seems to suck itself towards this one phenomenon. I love detective animes, they are the diamonds in the rough that usually stand out above other genres. I'll just have to see about this one. The idea is there and will no doubt be executed well, but just... I don't know.

It was really hard to get through that series for some reason

I'm just glad I'm not the only one. It wasn't the gore that turned me away, but I guess the pacing is weird?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one. It wasn't the gore that turned me away, but I guess the pacing is weird?

Shingeki no Kyojin received much more credit than it deserved. The series was already hyped to its utmost extent before it even began airing on television and it seems it still hasn't died down with all the attention around the upcoming live-action movie. I started watching it because it of how ir was proposed into the media but to be honest it didn't live up to my expectations at all. In the entire season, basically nothing happened after the first three episodes and it was just waiting and anticipating for something to actually occur.

GATE(ゲート)自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり — this is an oddball. A gate to another dimension has opened in the middle of Tokyo and all kinds of monsters come flying out. Dragons, elves, orcs, you name it. A random otaku saves the day with strategies he came up with whilst playing videogames and immediately he is promoted into the army as first lieutenant out of the blue. I'll have to watch more of this to form a solid opinion, because at the moment it just looks weird.

He actually was already in the JSDF before the attack. so no he doesn't use stuff he learned from video games to combat the monsters, he had already been trained before hand... just thought I should throw that out there.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace only bothers me with one thing at the moment: why not write a normal boy into this series? It could've been so much more mature if the anime didn't focus on making a boy as girlish as possible without even giving us one indication of him being a boy other than how he is addressed by these pronouns. The entire story loses its purpose because it all just seems to suck itself towards this one phenomenon. I love detective animes, they are the diamonds in the rough that usually stand out above other genres. I'll just have to see about this one. The idea is there and will no doubt be executed well, but just... I don't know.

Just so you know this series is based off of the works of Ranpo Edogawa, a famous mystery author from the 30's-50's in Japan, he is pretty much the guy who put mystery/detective novels on the map in japan and is sorta their Author Conan Doyle in a sense. Also that girlish boy character is supposed to be like that, it's how the original character was in the novels and is also the character that pretty much started the whole girly boy character archetype in the first place. Also Akechi and Kobayashi are pretty much the equivalent to Sherlocke Holmes and John Watson in popularity within Japan.

just a little info for you :Dhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edogawa_Ranpo

Shingeki no Kyojin received much more credit than it deserved. The series was already hyped to its utmost extent before it even began airing on television and it seems it still hasn't died down with all the attention around the upcoming live-action movie. I started watching it because it of how ir was proposed into the media but to be honest it didn't live up to my expectations at all. In the entire season, basically nothing happened after the first three episodes and it was just waiting and anticipating for something to actually occur.

SNK is PR done right with just enough bait for different types of readers/watchers to stick. While the idea itself is rather typical, (I mean, how many "society threatened by other world creatures" things are there) it could always be done in a refreshing way. I don't mind Eren. I'm actually kind of okay with the main kids being a trio of childhood friends too. The only character I ever really cared for was Levi, and I'm actually kind of sad he wasn't the lead of the anime. Even just the ova with him for a main is a dozen times more interesting than the actual anime will ever be able to be.

From the moment they revealed they were planning to make a live action I've basically taken it as a big elaborate joke. Then the actors were revealed + the new characters and the ones that were axed from the story. After learning earlier this week how much they changed about the characters, I'm 100% sure it will be a joke. Yeah sure, it'll be impressive to see if the CG's done well, but the story as a whole lost a lot of its already thin worth. I guess the joke's on me though, because one of my fave actors got cast in it. He would have been the perfect Levi if they'd actually bothered writing Levi in the script (but no, their actual reason for him not being in it is "his name is not Japanese so it would be off in the Japanese setting of the movie" because I'm sure Armin, Eren, Hans, etc are all Japanese...)

I find it amusing that fans will be upset when American movie makers discuss about casting a Westerner to an anime character because they aren't Japanese, but it's okay for the live action SNK/AoT because what again? I thought the location was based on Germany?

I find it amusing that fans will be upset when American movie makers discuss about casting a Westerner to an anime character because they aren't Japanese, but it's okay for the live action SNK/AoT because what again? I thought the location was based on Germany?

They changed the setting for the movie to Japan, to make it more Japanese and to somewhat justify there only being Japanese actors. I find it very ridiculous tbh.

I see. Anyway, speaking of large walls, I'm rewatching No. 6.

omg all mah feels. That anime/manga. <3

Also, dat Food Wars anime is the boss. Hi-la-rious~ On a third note, I've become addicted in finding new anime. Huff huff. Now to get to all of them. x'D

Stuff I'm watching this season...

Gangsta - Best show this season and most mature anime I've seen in years. Nearly the entire cast is adults making this a shining light amongst all these polluted shows based on school/VN. I've been dying for another show like Gungrave.

Snow White with the Red Hair - 2nd best this season. Shojo fantasy is always a welcome addition in my list. I'm already liking Shirayuki's character. I know the manga is still ongoing so seeing this listed as 12 eps total got me a little worried.

Gate - I'm a little disappointed the anime toned down the mature content that was presented in the manga. The plot is basically Stargate minus the sci-fi-ness, so it's more of a modern times meets fantasy. I really like the fact that the main hero is a 33 year old man.

God Eater - I've never played the games but based on the few eps so far, it seems like another Attack on Titan anime. The visuals are really interesting. It looks like water color style cell shades kinda mixed in with CG. Considering it's only planned for 12 eps, at the rate it's going, I don't the think show is going to end well.

Durarara!!x2 Ten - It feels like this show has lost its magic from the first one. As with the previous season, it's more of a passive watch than anything.

Still watching...

The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Loving the story and the themes, however the animation budget is all over the place.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Where the fuck is this last episode? Does Bones even know? At least put it up for streaming!

Prison School.

The anime began before I could pick up the manga, oh well.  Guess I should go ahead and read it now!

I pretty much knew what I was gonna get into before watching it but what the hell. That last episode was pretty hilarious.

On a side note, I've been meaning to watch No.6 for a while now..

Stuff I'm watching this season...

Gangsta - Best show this season and most mature anime I've seen in years. Nearly the entire cast is adults making this a shining light amongst all these polluted shows based on school/VN. I've been dying for another show like Gungrave.

Snow White with the Red Hair - 2nd best this season. Shojo fantasy is always a welcome addition in my list. I'm already liking Shirayuki's character. I know the manga is still ongoing so seeing this listed as 12 eps total got me a little worried.

Gate - I'm a little disappointed the anime toned down the mature content that was presented in the manga. The plot is basically Stargate minus the sci-fi-ness, so it's more of a modern times meets fantasy. I really like the fact that the main hero is a 33 year old man.

God Eater - I've never played the games but based on the few eps so far, it seems like another Attack on Titan anime. The visuals are really interesting. It looks like water color style cell shades kinda mixed in with CG. Considering it's only planned for 12 eps, at the rate it's going, I don't the think show is going to end well.

Durarara!!x2 Ten - It feels like this show has lost its magic from the first one. As with the previous season, it's more of a passive watch than anything.

Still watching...

The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Loving the story and the themes, however the animation budget is all over the place.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Where the fuck is this last episode? Does Bones even know? At least put it up for streaming!

Akagami will be split cour. Second part airing in winter season.

For Kekkai Sensen the problem's that they messed up their editing (probably pacing too) so they had to postpone the episode a week. Because that episode is longer than a regular episode, it didn't fit in the regular block so now they're waiting for a moment where they can actually schedule in the full final episode.