Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Idk why I can't enjoy Gundam Build Fighter TRY as I enjoy the prequel

...and SAO 2 was just a HUGE pile of shit period

SAO2 uses "appeal to emotions". It's not very effective...

SAO2 was fun to me for the whole first arc. After that I got bored. I should finish it soon though.

Started Sailor Moon when it started airing for the sake of it and I kind of regret it because I get insanely annoyed by their voices. I'm not a person to watch anime with mostly girls for a lead apparently.

Hitsugi no Chaika's second season was about as good as the first. Really solid anime imo, and I should read more of the manga. I really like the lead guy. Kind of a no-nonsense character. It was a fun watch. Terra Formars is a mess in which every episode is just "let's fight some cockroaches" and even though it's just that, there's been moments I've been amused with it. I mean, "Let's play baseball." You're on Mars. Fighting Cockroaches. But okay. All is well. Also finished Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. It was okay. I enjoyed it. Probably mostly because of Kyoya being the main kid and me having a thing for hopeless brats. Psycho-Pass 2 left me disappointed. Way too many parts in the story and characters they could have gone further on but never did. Don't tell me there's something more to a character's past and then don't even mention it for any of the remaining episodes. Donten ni Warau was a pretty good adaptation. Maybe a bit rushed in the last 2/3 episodes, but overall it did what it had to do. Denki-gai no Honya-san was the most random thing ever. It had me laugh in the end when the Kantoku character cosplayed as Kirito from SAO. Both characters share the same voice actor so basically the kid was cosplaying himself. As for Akame ga Kill

as if I wasn't pissed off with Lubbock's random death, they killed off Tatsumi like that as well? WOW. It felt so meaningless after all the things he's tried to do.

Don't ask me how I've kept up with Diamond no Ace all this time but here I am. And it hit my feels today :(

At least they should put new outfit for Sugu.

Oh, I'm watching Yu Gi Oh! Arc-V and that series is quite interesting. The character design is still ridiculous as ever, but the special summon variation in duel keep me entertained.

The LNs of cour 2 were painful to read. Dropped the series afterwards.

A regular twelve year old has better literary skills and more insight into human nature I'd say.

Finished up Amagi Brilliant Park. It was decently entertaining. 6/10

Also done with Argevollen. It had a nice realistic depiction of the military here and a few interesting character developments but the awful production values makes the overall show very boring to watch. 6/10

And finally, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace. Some humorous moments and incredible voice acting (ep7). Unfortunately, there was a lot of untapped potential. 6/10

Finished up Amagi Brilliant Park. It was decently entertaining. 6/10

Also done with Argevollen. It had a nice realistic depiction of the military here and a few interesting character developments but the awful production values makes the overall show very boring to watch. 6/10

And finally, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace. Some humorous moments and incredible voice acting (ep7). Unfortunately, there was a lot of untapped potential. 6/10

My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours on those three. I would probably have  a little bit different score for Amagi tho, but I think that's just mainly do to our scoring scales being a bit different from each others :D

I finally got around to watching that Ano Hana movie last night and I ended up crying like a baby all over again  T_T The feels are so real with that series.

I stand corrected on the Fate/Stay Night: UBW adaptation. It got better and better as it went and the art was really nice to look at as well. Though I'm not totally into the story (I have never come near the VN) I have to say it was a fun watch and I'll surely be checking out the next cour of it.

Also finished Amagi Brilliant Park and it was cute. Nice art and animation as expected from KyoAni.

Ace of Diamond spoilers:

So we get two new episodes this week devoted solely to destroying Seido's dreams. It hurts that Yuki, Masuda, Chris and a few of the other third years never made it to nationals but I like the parallel between Mei and Eijun that the mangaka did here; Eijun cost Seido the game a lot like Mei did for Inashiro the year previous. I think Furuya's comments at the end of the episode lit a fire in Eijun. It will be interesting to see how the show develops from here on out. They need to get some new first years to fill out the ranks, plus all the first-years from before are going to get really good. They think they lost some power but next year I think Seido is going to be stronger than ever, provided the new players don't suck.

Ace of Diamond spoilers:

So we get two new episodes this week devoted solely to destroying Seido's dreams. It hurts that Yuki, Masuda, Chris and a few of the other third years never made it to nationals but I like the parallel between Mei and Eijun that the mangaka did here; Eijun cost Seido the game a lot like Mei did for Inashiro the year previous. I think Furuya's comments at the end of the episode lit a fire in Eijun. It will be interesting to see how the show develops from here on out. They need to get some new first years to fill out the ranks, plus all the first-years from before are going to get really good. They think they lost some power but next year I think Seido is going to be stronger than ever, provided the new players don't suck.

diamond is fucking amazing and I agree on your thoughts. I'm glad the mangaka went this route instead of them winning and going to nationals. it was just so much more interesting and really hit home emotionally. Never though I would be so interested in baseball but this show does a really great job of making it intense and facinating.

diamond is fucking amazing and I agree on your thoughts. I'm glad the mangaka went this route instead of them winning and going to nationals. it was just so much more interesting and really hit home emotionally. Never though I would be so interested in baseball but this show does a really great job of making it intense and facinating.

Daiya does a really good job there, I agree. Eijun's been growing on me as well. It's really nice. I love how he does his best and tries very hard yet keeps the team spirit going. Last episodes hurt though... Can't wait for the next few ones. New captain and all.

Miyuki will do a great job even though he thinks he's not good at it. I wonder how far they're going to go eventually though. The current manga chapters are pretty nice overall.

Though Miyuki getting hurt won't ever be nice

Finished far too many other series this past week. Vanadis and Kokkuri among others. They're the last few fun-but-nothing-special ones I was still continuing. Ah, can't wait for the next season though. TG S2, AZ S2, Fafner S2, DRRR S2, Death Parade... I'M READY.

I finished Vanadis as well. Would have been a much more interesting show if all the fight scenes weren't done with chess pieces. It still does politics better than Log Horizon.

I dropped Log Horizon off a cliff by the way. This season was the final nail in the coffin. There was a whole lot of nothing going on and even when the fights FINALLY started popping up the animation was lackluster. I can only care about politics and harems for so long until I wonder what the point of the show was, and I reached that point by the middle of this season.

Sword Art Online is now about everything but Sword Art. This last season was a bore. GGO was okay but I feel like the pressure to succeed was never really there because Kirito is Jesus. I already knew he was going to win so I knew nobody was in danger. Mother's Rosario arc was just awful. You can't ignore a character for 26 episodes and then base an arc around her as if viewers will care. I don't care about Asuna at all. I'd rather Kirito pal around with Sinon over her tbh. At least Sinon has a head on her shouIf Alicization is no better I'm done with this series.

Parasyte and Nanatsu no Taizai are two great anime series of this season. I'm sad both of them are delayed this week because there isn't much else to watch.

Slowly catching up on Eyeshield 21. Great football anime but a lot of filler and character deveopment.

I still think Log Horizon is better than SAO and I think it's pretty good actually.... I don't really mind that the plot is pretty slow moving. The way I see it is that the plot is literally them living in the world the best they can, since it doesn't seem anyone is really trying to find a way to go back to the real world nor does it seem like a lot people want to xD I also like all the mmo elements they are incorporating in the story.. 

Tokyo Ghoul is amazing, unfortunately i don't have a computer rn, so i can't watch it, but the art is wonderful, also with the twisted storyline, some says that the manga is terrible, but... well it's just plain bs.
Also DRAMAtical MURDER... i can't say much, i love the storyline, but still can't really wrap my head around the artwork, and the clothing they wear in it..

Tokyo Ghoul is amazing, unfortunately i don't have a computer rn, so i can't watch it, but the art is wonderful, also with the twisted storyline, some says that the manga is terrible, but... well it's just plain bs.

Also DRAMAtical MURDER... i can't say much, i love the storyline, but still can't really wrap my head around the artwork, and the clothing they wear in it..

The first time ever I've seen someone say the manga is "terrible." Well, I do know of the butthurt fans who can't stand there's been questions with no answer at the end, and the writer had the guts to

kill the main character

The anime was something which could have been lots better if they had taken their time to do the episodes as nicely as they did the last one. Can't wait for the second season though. It's rumored to be an anime only season, and could easily take place in the 6 months time-skip they did in the manga. At least this time they got the actual writer on board to write the scenario so I'm curious.

(Also curious about one of my fave actors getting a drawing of himself in the TG universe from the mangaka. What project are you getting yourself into)

----

Watched Absolute Duo for the sake of watching something, and I was wondering whether it would be another ecchi series for Matsuoka as well. I love his voice but... stay away from the ecchi... please...

I Just watched the new Gundam Build Fighters Try episode and holy shit was it amazing! Like seriously that episode was epic as fuck, I'm not even mad about there not being an episode last week, this weeks more than made up for it in awesomness :D

For one transient gundam was totally boss, and for two that phoenix attack Sekai did at the end had me feeling goosbumps. Also I have to say the OST this episode was superb, it definitely mad the whole fight alot more awesome. I'm really excitted for next week not only should we get a nerw OP & ED but also three new gunpla for the main characters. btw I really like the new characters that were introduced this episode. Also  jealous Fumina was great and yumma and Ral being "Itchy" together made me LOL really hard.

Started both Absolute Duo and Shinmai Maou no Testament. One is like if Trinity Seven and High School DxD had a baby. The other I'm not so sure on.

TOKYO GHOUL √A & that ridiculous anime: Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! haha :P

okay new series impressions let go!

Absolute Duo

Well It's ecchi, what more is there to say? xD naw though it's not overly echhi or anything like that, just here and there... at least judging by the first episode, I doubt it will get anywhere near the echhi level of stuff like Makken-Ki or Highschool DxD. the main character is cool just because he uses a shield as his spirit weapon or whatever and the fact that it seems like he is actually gonna use his own ability and skill to fight instead of relying on this power.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

I've heard a lot of good things about this series and now that it's being animated I decided to give it a shot, and my conclusion on the first episode is that it's a really fun show that could be pretty good :D Koro sensei himself is really great definitely the driving character of the show and even though on the surface it looks like a series to not take seriously I stand corrected by the end of the first episode. It seems it does have it's serious moments too. This is one that I'm looking forward to watching more of.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!

This is... different to say the least. Actually to tell you the truth I would be really embarrassed to watch this in front of anyone I know... The humor isn't really clicking with me after the first episode either, I might have to drop this one after a few more if it doesn't start getting better for me.

Death Parade

Now this is definitely my top new series that I've watched in the past week. I think it's gonna be something pretty awesome if the rest of the show is anything like the first episode. the whole concept that was introduced in this episode is brilliant for a show like this and the seriousness of the premise looks to be a great fit. I'm not gonna go to into detail here because that would spoil the first episode. but seriously check this one out, it looks really promising so far.

Kantai Collection: KanColle

Aww Kancolle anime let's go! I'm not terribly familiar with Kantai collection other than a few doujins I've read and a mountain of fanart I've perused, but from the looks of the first episode I think you don;t need to have a terrible amount of knowledge to be able to follow the story. I enjoyed the first episode but that's me, for someone that doesn't know what to expect it could be a lot different.

Military!

LOL this show is just one of those short four minute for fun shows... I got a few laughs out of the first episode, just a fun little show to get a few chuckles without really wasting anytime at all doing.

Shinmai Maou no Testament

another echhi show and a harem at that it seems. doesn't seem too bad at first glance, not overly ecchi either and I actually do kinda like the main characters so far. we'll see where this goes.

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls

One word comes to mind, Cute! that's what this show is and if that appeals to you then you are gonna love it. First episode is pretty good and by far my favorite part was the misunderstandings with the producer xD

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Lol this show is out there that's for sure and it's weird and cute and pretty entertaining to watch, and did i mention there's a lot of fucking yuri scenes so if that is your thing then here you go this show is for you. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the point of the show right now so yeah it's one of those.

Okay I still have more to watch so when I'm done I guess I'll come back and do another round up. one more thing watched the new JoJo's and fuck it's good... that's all for now.

Currently Watching

Log Horizon 2 , its interesting like SAO .

Kantai Collection - im gonna withheld my opinion for now , but it seems like its gonna be nothing else than fanservice . Ive hoped they go for some story but the first episode does not promise much .

Aldnoah Zero 2 , still waiting for first episode but i already can tell its gonna be a good one like the first one , Slaine i hope you fukin die in the first episode .

Detective Conan , probably one of the best shows ever , the fact that its still running and each new movie makes more cash than the last one just shows how popular it is , also the story and characters are just awesome .

Nanatsu no Taizai , so much overpowered characters here , like the animation and characters , but ive just started this so cant say much bout the story .

Just ended watching

Mayo Chiki - ive just ended this one , the concept was interesting but they failed miserably only a 5/10 score for this as it does not even have a proper ending .

Mushibugyou , man this was so great just ended watching this a second time when ive just watched it for the first time a 2 weeks ago , this anime has some really nice action and interesting story and characters , altough i would love to see a second season i already know it want happen as the anime industry cares only for second seasons of boring ecchi fanservice shows .

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) for the 5th time , this show is never getting to boring and never gets to old . Its one of those that i like to rewatch every now and then cause it sooo goddamn good .

Planning to watch

Sakurasou Pet no Kanojo

^ dude Sakurasou is seriously good as fuck, probably one of the most underrated shows I've seen in a long time definitely one of my favorites from that year.

^ dude Sakurasou is seriously good as fuck, probably one of the most underrated shows I've seen in a long time definitely one of my favorites from that year.

Im rather a little more sceptic as i heard its a lot ecchi and lately school life with ecchi and comedy animes do tend to be repeatable and with most time no story , like in Mayo Chiki . Ecchi is good when the story clicks with me .

Also i forgot to mention in the just ended watching list that ive ended Chuunibyou , and i have to say it was one of the best animes ive watched if it goes for the love romance plot and comedy , also it was probably the first anime i saw that did not end with a confession , but did go to the post-confession part , more anime should have this .

I Just watched the new Gundam Build Fighters Try episode and holy shit was it amazing! Like seriously that episode was epic as fuck, I'm not even mad about there not being an episode last week, this weeks more than made up for it in awesomness :D

For one transient gundam was totally boss, and for two that phoenix attack Sekai did at the end had me feeling goosbumps. Also I have to say the OST this episode was superb, it definitely mad the whole fight alot more awesome. I'm really excitted for next week not only should we get a nerw OP & ED but also three new gunpla for the main characters. btw I really like the new characters that were introduced this episode. Also  jealous Fumina was great and yumma and Ral being "Itchy" together made me LOL really hard.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, tell me about it. This is the only anime I've been keeping up with (mostly cuz I'm not sure what else to try - could certainly use your help there lol). I'm so thankful for you and flame for putting me on to this....EASILY one of the best things to ever happen to the Gundam franchise. Everything about the series is done masterfully...and it's not just one big wankfest for longtime Gundam fans (altho it is that too lol) - it's just good-ass anime.

Also, what the heck...why is shingeki no bahamut such trash? I guess I have masochistic tendencies because I've watched up to like episode 8...I actually really like the character designs and the setting (fuck all that unnecessary cgi tho)...but everything about this show is a trainwreck.

Im rather a little more sceptic as i heard its a lot ecchi and lately school life with ecchi and comedy animes do tend to be repeatable and with most time no story , like in Mayo Chiki . Ecchi is good when the story clicks with me .

Also i forgot to mention in the just ended watching list that ive ended Chuunibyou , and i have to say it was one of the best animes ive watched if it goes for the love romance plot and comedy , also it was probably the first anime i saw that did not end with a confession , but did go to the post-confession part , more anime should have this .

yeah there's some ecchi but most shows with this kinda setting has some sort of ecchi influences, it's not the overbearing kind that's for sure. I can't say this enough but it has a story a great story that I think you'll like a lot. one of the things that I thought Sakurasou did so well is that it's really realistic when it comes to some of the problems the main characters are facing throughout the series, so much so that you start relating with the characters and really start to care about them and get quite attached by the end of the series. Real talk there's an episode near the end of the show that literally made me tear up, i had the feels so hard.

Yeah I also really liked Chunnibyou for pretty much the same reasons XD It would be nice to get another season sometime :)

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, tell me about it. This is the only anime I've been keeping up with (mostly cuz I'm not sure what else to try - could certainly use your help there lol). I'm so thankful for you and flame for putting me on to this....EASILY one of the best things to ever happen to the Gundam franchise. Everything about the series is done masterfully...and it's not just one big wankfest for longtime Gundam fans (altho it is that too lol) - it's just good-ass anime.

Also, what the heck...why is shingeki no bahamut such trash? I guess I have masochistic tendencies because I've watched up to like episode 8...I actually really like the character designs and the setting (fuck all that unnecessary cgi tho)...but everything about this show is a trainwreck.

Yeah I'm really into GBF lately, at first I was really skeptical about the time skip and the protags... but I'm hallway through the season now and all of those doubts have vanished. Seriously I think I like Sekai way more than I ever liked Sei and Reiji, also build burning is so damn hype!

If you want some REC'S I can definitely help with that... if you'd like to start following anime season to season the best way is to just check out a seasonal chart with synopsis of shows that are going be starting and then pick a few to start watching. The more often you do this the easier it is to start following season to season and soon or later you'll end up like me and be watching 30+ series every season xD here's a seasonal chart for this season; http://haruhichan.com/static/images/charts/general/Winter2015.jpg

stuff I recommend so far are; Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and Death Parade. if you watched the first seasons of Tokyo Ghoul and/or Aldnoah Zero the both of those are returning with new cours this season. Also Durarara!! is back after 5 years! so if you watched the original series definitely check it out.