sugibo

sukekiyo new mini album "vitium" release

what's wrong with SEs?

I personally love small links like that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong, I wasn't trying to say anything like that (just commented on the interesting placing). Sounded like they'll provide a good atmosphere actually.

Previews have me hyped more than before, I wasn't expecting such energy in the opening tracks. This is gonna be great I think. Leatherfield and Dunes sound like a powerful intro, kind of like Soshaku-Uroko on Arche

Collab previews:

focus

https://soundcloud.com/sukekiyo_band/focus-collaboration-with-preview

Ameagari no Yuushi

https://soundcloud.com/sukekiyo_band/collaboration-with-toshl-preview

Toshi collab sounds quite neat imho :V

Also: le odd detail in sukekiyo's English OHP:

•  03. elisabeth addict Remixed by Renholdër
  •  04. latour Collaboration with Wes Borland

That means there will be only one remix? Or Firewall div. typoing again? Wth.

What's everyone thinking about the new mini? I didn't want to post a review thread because I find little enjoyment in writing detailed reviews.

First listen.... I'm very underwhelmed. I'll give it a few more shots, but I can't see this as something that I'll come back to often (or at all).

I thought Vitium was a successful showcase of sukekiyo guys being able to produce something that doesn't sound necessarily like a *mix* of ex-band influences (except for tracks like "Dunes" or "Focus")

Speaking of my favorites, they would be "Leather Fields", "Celeste" (I recognized one of Takumi's piano impro parts from sukekiyo's Helsinki gig in here, yay) and ofc "Focus" (beautiful track).

I've tried listening to it but I just can't enjoy it. Two tracks in and I just feel like it's a very, very poor man's Arche. I'll force myself to listen to it later.

The only song that really amazed me from them is Aftermath. I've been disappointed ever since.

i love the album , no arguement there ,

but i do want to say i liked the live version of ameagari- ,

which more piano, and calculated construction !

but still love the studio version too !

The vocal melody during the verses of "maniera" sounds VERY familiar. Does anyone know if this was directly inspired by/or a reference to another song? I almost want to say that it sounds like a cover...

VITIUM is pretty awesome. More enjoyable than IMMORTALIS due to the fact that there isn't the presence of filler tracks. I can sit there and listen through the entire album without switching tracks. Sukekiyo can clearly shine if they keep up with this mode of releasing music. "Short" but awesome. 

The vocal melody during the verses of "maniera" sounds VERY familiar. Does anyone know if this was directly inspired by/or a reference to another song? I almost want to say that it sounds like a cover...

it slightly sounds like a live version of un deux with improvised lyrics