Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

Sega has revealed 11 minutes of Yakuza 6 gameplay played by series director Toshihiro Nagoshi.

Unfortunately it's fairly low-quality as it's ripped from a stream (via Gematsu). Still, we get to see how Yakuza 6's native platform of PS4 will be used to create larger battlefields. We even get to see a handful of series stalwart Kazuma Kiryu's associates join him in battle against far more foes than we're used to seeing in a single brawl from earlier Yakuza titles.

Those who purchase Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the first Yakuza for PS4 and PS3, will receive the Yakuza 6  demo on 28th January.

Unfortunately, both Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 are still only slated for Japanese releases at the moment, with the former released last week and the latter due this autumn.

Given that Yakuza 5 saw a belated western release in December, it seems likely that Yakuza 6 will eventually reach English-speaking shores. It could take a while though, as there was a three year gap between Yakuza 5's Japanese and western release.

Yakuza 6 will feature Japanese director and actor Takeshi 'Beat' Kitano in a supporting role. The man of many talents helmed Sonatine and Hana-Bi as well as played a teacher in Battle Royale. He is regrettably absent from today's footage.

Oh man this shit looks so good! For Fuck's sake bring this shit over here Sega please! This is one of your only IP's that still has weight and popularity, don't wait forever to localize it.

Oh man this shit looks so good! For Fuck's sake bring this shit over here Sega please! This is one of your only IP's that still has weight and popularity, don't wait forever to localize it.

If Yakuza 5 & 0 sell well enough, I'd say it's a given that they'll bring over 6. Will be interesting to see if they bring over Kiwami.

I feel guilty not buying 5 because I imported/played the Japanese version 2 years ago.. but I think I will wait for the English version of 0.

It's a shame they are skipping Ishin. That one might actually be my favourite, I really loved the sword combat and the setting. Omg the vegetable garden and the cooking minigame and the pet cats/dogs.. gnsdonsdiogoidsfhgaijginep so good. That game could've done decent sales if it came out in early 2014, since there weren't so many PS4 exclusive games at the time.

Here's an interview with Keiichiro Toyama, the director of Gravity Rush 1&2. talking about the upcoming PS4 remaster of the 1st game.

really great interview, made me even more excited! I especially can't wait to play the game in 60fps :D

also here's the trailer reveal for Platinum Game's TMNT game!

lol... I'm so excited for that game xD Love the comic book art style and the hack n' slash stuff we see in the trailer looks top notch as I expected. Platinum Games are so awesome, I love that they do all kinds of different games like this.

Whoa......

PG totally hit the mark on this! I literally felt like i was watching a reboot of TMNT: Turtles in Time.

Have they mentioned what platform/s they are releasing it on?

Have they mentioned what platform/s they are releasing it on?

According to the end of the trailer.... PC PS4 PS3 XONE X360

lol oh yeah didnt watch the last few seconds

So just for my knowledge, anyone actually gonna play Mighty No. 9 when it ACTUALLY releases?

Keiji's pissing me off with these delays (who the hell suggested online play?), but I know his game will be fun. I simply LOVED playing Azure Striker Gunvolt for 3DS, as it felt just right.

I plan on playing Mighty No.9 when it comes out... whenever that may be xD

by the way, found out after posting but that turtles platinum game is gonna have 4 player online co-op.... I know awesome rite?

by the way, found out after posting but that turtles platinum game is gonna have 4 player online co-op.... I know awesome rite?

NO FUCKING WAYYYYYY!!!!

I'm gonna pass out, this is SO awesome! lol

Sorry if this is not the place, but ps2 japanese games can be played on US PS2? Like Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (which were only released in japan only)

edited: (Nevermind, manage to know)

btw, I think games could have a topic itself to take doubts and to reply special questions

XV will be officially getting its release date on the Uncovered Event at the end of March (as expected). It'll be live streamed. They said they're "about finished" with the game.

The latest FFXV gameplay footage

- The stealth is optional, you can skip the sneaking around and just barge in and fight everything normally. Warp-kill seems cool though.

- The music is nice

- The UI is a bit busy, hopefully it will be adjusted for the final version

- Hellooooooo sexy dragoon lady <3

The progress report they did yesterday said that the game was 80% done right now I think. here's the video for the report.

gameplay looks awesome, also it seems they've changed the UI a bit which looks pretty cool. I like that they have this sorta stealth gameplay aspect, it's different which tells me that they are trying new things... that's a good thing imo.

looking forward to the release date announcement, I'm gonna guess it's gonna be a Q3 release (somewhere in Aug,-Sept.).

I saw this when it streamed. All I can say is WOW.

Saw some Type-0 gameplay in there.

The progress report they did yesterday said that the game was 80% done right now I think.

looking forward to the release date announcement, I'm gonna guess it's gonna be a Q3 release (somewhere in Aug,-Sept.).

They said that a month ago too lol

Knowing SE, it will be a Late Q3 release (Oct-Nov), at least, in the USA. Can't destroy the competition if you don't at least try and release it during the most popular time of the year.

Best believe they WILL crush the competition. This, I feel, will be one for the record books for the Series in terms of sales.

God, my hopes for this game are so high...and honestly, that has me really scared.

same here, i fear I got myself hyped waaaay to much.

on a different note, visited my old Guild Wars 2 character again, god that's a good game. got 1-2 friends of mine to do the same and running some instances + new content and it's fabulous - EDIT: wrong topic, lol

Ooooh, me likey.

God, my hopes for this game are so high...and honestly, that has me really scared.

ehh... I'm excited for the game, and I'm a bit hyped for it I suppose... but in all honesty Persona 5 is where my hopes and dreams are at right now xD

All I know is:

Square Enix has this year in the bag.

Assuming FFXV goes as scheduled, you still have KH3, Hitman, Nier 2, Deus Ex:MD and Just cause 3.

and you have Rise of the tomb raider coming to both PC and PS4 finally

and you have The FFVII Remake rumor for this year floating around.

Oh and that Chibi FF shit that I never cared for lol

Edit: Just remembered about Project Setsuna!

You forgot a number of other games...

Dragon Quest Builders (in Japan) <-- I downloaded the demo but haven't had a chance to try it yet

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (in Japan)

Star Ocean 5

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 whatever the fuck it's called

World of Final Fantasy (aka "that chibi FF shit")

maybe Dragon Quest XI (seems likely it will be a 2017 game)

I very much doubt KH3 will come out this year.
and Just Cause 3 came out in Dec. 2015... ?

anyhow, I'm very happy the Japanese side of Square Enix has gone nuts with the console games, for a while I was afraid they'd just pour their money into mobile games..

Now, I just need these games to be good.

Yeah I was pointing out US releases/Ones I actually care for.

Did not know JC3 came out! Will check out.

What I meant by "they have it in the bag", is that they'll have the gaming community's attention all year. Didn't put any dates on these titles because anything can happen (like being pushed back or cancelled)

I also think this FFVII remake and KH3 will be pushed until next year, but that doesn't mean they won't be honeydicking you.

Yeah I can definitely agree that Square has got a lot of people's attention right now, their marketing is on point at the moment and they have so many hype games announced right now.

So I was browsing my video feed and came across this...

Talk about awesome news, I would be so stoked if Capcom revived this series... let's say they release a HD remaster collection of the old games sometime next year and then the year after that we would get a brand new Onimusha game on PS4... that would be so amazing.  

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/tales-berseria-rokurou-eleanor-further-introduced

Two new characters have been revealed for Tales of Berseria .. The girl looks kinda weird, but hot damn, I like the look of that ronin-samurai-looking dude. Dual sword wielder too..  Getting too hyped over here... I might actually buy this off JP PSN .. can't bother waiting for localization .. nggggg...