Zeus

Lycaon

Lockheart Castle is a place that too many vk bands shoot their PV in..

For example:

Psycho le Cemu - Excalibur

Psycho Le Cemu - Michi no sora

Dio - God Forsaken

And god knows how many more.... I just don't watch that many PVs anymore, lol.

lol If I'm not mistaken that's the place where the video for Megaromania's AURORA-destinies of world- was shot.

Must be pretty cheap to rent (if that's what they're doing) out the place, if that many bands have shot videos there.

OMG. XDD but luckily...

I just don't watch that many PVs anymore, lol.

That's why I almost always buy regular edition or edition with live DVD D:

I wanna bring this thread back to life!

They released their newest single gossip back in November 2013 but they haven't still officially released gossip PV. They have showed in a couple of lives but somehow it wasn't included in the single.

Today both Ichiro and Hiyuu tweeted they'll give it away for free in tomorrow's live which is inclusively for the fans who bought all versions of the gossip single.

...and I'm so excited!! Even though I don't even like gossip as a song a new PV is always wonderful. I hope it includes a lot of whipping hehe.

Everyone keeps saying they miss mio and eve, but mio's face didnt fit Lycaon and hiyuu can play old song and new songs, so he's just as good or better. And about eve, ichiro seems to be doing a lot more then he did. You guys miss the old sound, but really listen to and follow avelcain they have a similar feel, and stop complaining please. <== oh yeah eve works with them too.

Everyone keeps saying they miss mio and eve, but mio's face didnt fit Lycaon and hiyuu can play old song and new songs, so he's just as good or better. And about eve, ichiro seems to be doing a lot more then he did. You guys miss the old sound, but really listen to and follow avelcain they have a similar feel, and stop complaining please. <== oh yeah eve works with them too.

What do you mean Mio's face didn't fit Lycaon? One's face doesn't contribute to the fact if someone fits to a band or not. It's about chemistry between the members and one's ability to play their instrument and do their job well.

Well at least I consider those things to be the most important, I listen to a band only when their music's great.

And Mio's such a cutiepie anyways, I seriously went "awwww" when I saw this picture in his twitter <3

vxoosi.jpg

And about Eve: didn't he compose most of Lycaon's old songs? Don't know if that's a fact or not but I've heard that rumor quite many times. And if that's true he did a lot for "old Lycaon."

I don't think anyone dislikes Ichiro or Hiyuu because they replaced Eve and Mio. But if you've fallen in love with Royal Order (I took it as an example because it's their last album before the erotic era), I think it will be pretty damn hard to try to adjust to their new sound in most cases. And that doesn't have anything to do with disliking the new members.

I personally don't dislike their newer music - actually there are a lot of great songs, but the ratio good vs. bad songs isn't just as good as it used to be. In my opinion EROS isn't that bad an album, only song I don't like is EROS - all others are pretty good. I like Jesus, Akutoku no sakae and Bara ~Rose~ a lot, but MRC just isn't my piece of cake. I think the melodies are too weird for me and the instrumental part is very poor in most of the songs. Kuro no datura is my favorite but all the others... blah.

And thanks for the tip about AvelCain! I know I should've tried them ages ago, maybe I'll finally try them! :D

What do you mean Mio's face didn't fit Lycaon? One's face doesn't contribute to the fact if someone fits to a band or not. It's about chemistry between the members and one's ability to play their instrument and do their job well.

Well at least I consider those things to be the most important, I listen to a band only when their music's great.

And Mio's such a cutiepie anyways, I seriously went "awwww" when I saw this picture in his twitter <3

And about Eve: didn't he compose most of Lycaon's old songs? Don't know if that's a fact or not but I've heard that rumor quite many times. And if that's true he did a lot for "old Lycaon."

I don't think anyone dislikes Ichiro or Hiyuu because they replaced Eve and Mio..

And thanks for the tip about AvelCain! I know I should've tried them ages ago, maybe I'll finally try them! :D

Ok in that pic he looks good, but from when he showed his face when he was in the band <<<<<< he was cool with the mask. And i know music is most important, but they are nice to look at like art, and even the bands say its important (VISUAL kei). most bands i really don't care if they fuge up on looks. But Lycaon has a reputation to up hold as "The hottest band" (thats why i hate the chain of collar pv). 

eve: "Compositions during Lycaon era : Chains of collar, The death game, Kesshô Hana, Cordyceps sinensis, CamelliA, Grow, Gu o kuragu." and i was talking drumming btw.

i said: "Everyone keeps saying they miss mio and eve........ You guys miss the old sound" not "dislikes Ichiro or Hiyuu because they replaced Eve and Mio."

And no problem Avelcain's my #2, -Gesshoku- and the pv spot of id is what got me hooked.

--

eve: "Compositions during Lycaon era : Chains of collar, The death game, Kesshô Hana, Cordyceps sinensis, CamelliA, Grow, Gu o kuragu." and i was talking drumming btw.

--

Wow where did you get that information? I remember looking for that information around the interwebz some time ago but couldn't find anything. Could you give me a link or something or have you gathered that around the internet? It would be so nice to know more about who composed which song etc :D

I'm 95% sure eve was the original bandleader. He brought the concept, he wrote a lot of the music, he had a lot of say in how the band was progressing and the image they put forth. You even say "go listen to avelcain" because eve works with them and they sound similar and let Lycaon do what they want to do, but you answered your own question:  everyone says they miss Mio and eve because they were the backbone of Lycaon's old concept (sound + visuals), and some people preferred that. Mio and eve left because the other three band members no longer wanted to continue with that concept/wanted to try different things and they did not agree. And quite honestly I think Mio and eve made the correct decision to leave instead of compromising their ideals to play music that they aren't heavily invested in, even if that caused them to have an aversion to starting a new band up.

And what does "mio's face didn't fit Lycaon" mean? That's the vaguest, most baseless criticism I've ever heard. To quote paradoxal:

One's face doesn't contribute to the fact if someone fits to a band or not. It's about chemistry between the members and one's ability to play their instrument and do their job well.

This is the truest piece of truth I have read on Monochrome Heaven all year. Visuals make up only part of visual kei. Music makes up the rest. And as far as Mio's contribution to the music goes, he was a capable bassist. He wasn't prominent in the mix, but get headphones that bring out bass and listen to songs like The end of [Delusion], chains of collar, pAIN kILLER, or RED RUM. He did his job well.

The difference in playing old or new songs is pointless. Given enough determination and practice, anyone can learn how to play a song. What matters is your compositional talents, because it takes skill and creativity to "copy" a sound and still make it your own. And Lycaon 3.0 show little to no interest in copying their old sound, or else they would have never moved on from it in the first place! They play the old songs because it probably:

• still caters to a lot of the old fans who want to hear their songs live
  • give them a way to diversify their setlists because until very recently they haven't had too much "new" material to work with

So comparing the skills of the new bassist/drummer to the old bassist/drummer doesn't matter because as long as they can do the job no one cares. And as far as the new members go, I have never once heard anyone say that they don't like Hiyuu or Ichiro. At most, they just don't care about who is playing the music, so long as it's being played. So unless you visit some repressed ex-Lycaon fan's backwater tumblr where they rant about their constant hard-ons for Mio and eve, I have no idea where you got that from. And FYI, I'm probably the most vehement anti-Lycaon fan you will meet.

Me? I don't like new Lycaon because all my favorite songs were done by eve and Ambrozia/Royal Order are two of my favorite visual kei albums of all time. Back then, their aggressive approach to alternative metal often resulted in compositions that didn't sound too much like a visual kei band. They seem poised to fill a void that needed filling and give visual kei legitimacy to be taken seriously as a genre that can play decent alternative metal. When Mio and eve left, I knew there would be a change but I figured the quality of music would stay the same. But the entire erotic era left a very bad taste in my mouth, and their new era just aren't pitching tracks that I'm receiving. They don't even seem to have a concept beyond looking cute and pandering to the crowd anymore, and every time I check in on them they're doing some manner or other of music they don't have a grasp on. Even so, there are tracks that I do like but I can name them on my hands. If they focused more on the 80's rock on tracks such as Mary, MAD NEUROSIS CHILD, and Jesus I could learn to grow and love them.

They do look pretty snazzy, but there was never a point where I cared about what any band looked like.

Wow where did you get that information? I remember looking for that information around the interwebz some time ago but couldn't find anything. Could you give me a link or something or have you gathered that around the internet? It would be so nice to know more about who composed which song etc :D

http://royal-delusion.blogspot.fr/2012/09/les-membres-actuels.html zero did my faves

I'm 95% sure eve was the original bandleader. He brought the concept, he wrote a lot of the music, he had a lot of say in how the band was progressing and the image they put forth. You even say "go listen to avelcain" because eve works with them and they sound similar and let Lycaon do what they want to do, but you answered your own question: everyone says they miss Mio and eve because they were the backbone of Lycaon's old concept (sound + visuals), and some people preferred that. Mio and eve left because the other three band members no longer wanted to continue with that concept/wanted to try different things and they did not agree. And quite honestly I think Mio and eve made the correct decision to leave instead of compromising their ideals to play music that they aren't heavily invested in, even if that caused them to have an aversion to starting a new band up.

This is the truest piece of truth I have read on Monochrome Heaven all year. Visuals make up only part of visual kei. Music makes up the rest. And as far as Mio's contribution to the music goes, he was a capable bassist. He wasn't prominent in the mix, but get headphones that bring out bass and listen to songs like The end of [Delusion], chains of collar, pAIN kILLER, or RED RUM. He did his job well.

The difference in playing old or new songs is pointless. Given enough determination and practice, anyone can learn how to play a song. What matters is your compositional talents, because it takes skill and creativity to "copy" a sound and still make it your own. And Lycaon 3.0 show little to no interest in copying their old sound, or else they would have never moved on from it in the first place! They play the old songs because it probably:

• still caters to a lot of the old fans who want to hear their songs live
  • give them a way to diversify their setlists because until very recently they haven't had too much "new" material to work with
So comparing the skills of the new bassist/drummer to the old bassist/drummer doesn't matter because as long as they can do the job no one cares. And as far as the new members go, I have never once heard anyone say that they don't like Hiyuu or Ichiro.

Sure eve, could have made been the leader he did speak alot in the old comments. but i did say go listen to avelcain because eve works with them, that part was a btw add in, i mean ichiro supports for them too. i said listen to avelcain cause they have similar feel, but they are very different so doesn't really support eve being the backbone. Plus i think eve only started working them after their second release making him not a biggest part of their sound. and mio backbone? his bass playing had a wonderful sound, but i wouldn't call it the backbone. each member has part of the pie to me. And look wise they are still hot (probably hotter) and still have dark side.

Yes Lycaon has obviously moved on from metal. And ill add that they still love their old songs as yuuki tweeted it felt good playing some old songs. and again misinterpreting never said people are saying they hate the new members

The point of comparing skills was to say the new members dont suck, you just wish for the old sound back. live

Im pretty sure their looks match their lyrics and releases if you watch the pv's and listen or atleast for me. anyway Lycaon was and is still unique, what attaches me to them is Yuuki's voice and what ever they are doing they do it the best. Each song they have done is done well, and its them not everyone. I think they do have "grasp on." But their new stuff is not for everyone as seen by comments everywhere

Thank you for the compliment! :) Really made my day!

I'm laughing so much, I never realized Royal [Delusion]'s web site has that information on the member's profiles :D This is pretty embarrassing since I'm a member of that street team... But oh well, my responsibility is updating the Facebook page :D

(double post since I think this deserves a post of its own)

About the two new maxi-singles!! Are you waiting for the new release? Personally I'm so excited I don't think I can wait until the end of March for the first one. I'm just hoping we'll get some previews soon! The first single Bakane sounds like it would be harder than what they've released recently, and even their new outfits look a lot darker than their gossip ones.

And then to the main point of this post... NEW OUTFITS!

These pictures were released yesterday on the member's Twitters. The picture with all the members was uploaded in the beginning of January. I thought I'd upload them in full-size so they're all under cuts. I have no idea why the quality is so crappy, I hope we'll soon get the pictures with a better quality. WARNING: The pictures are huge!

Group picture

111oxua.jpg

Yuuki

2qjeqkz.jpg

Satoshi

28s8xo3.jpg

Zero

27wws3a.jpg

Hiyuu

2dieu1j.jpg

Ichiro

35347ly.jpg

The oufits are very similar to gossip outfits but I like these too. Though Zero's wig looks like a 5-year-old girl has used it for practicing cutting hair. It looks ridiculous.

Yuuki looks like a high-class whore as always. You should really check his Twitter, he posted tons of pictures of his crotch while he's wearing mini shorts made of latex. 

Sexy!Hiyuu is looking so erotic that I nearly pissed my pants while laughing. Those bed eyes, full-body leather suit, some cleavage showing and his legs wide open. I'm so sure I've seen a similar picture of Britney Spears. 

Satoshi looks the same as always and Ichiro looks even hotter. I think it's incredible how hot he can look in pictures with make-up on if you compare it to the picture under the spoiler.

Here's my ultimate favorite picture of Lycaon EVER:

15dnk1y.jpg

Satoshi looks normal (which is weird, usually he looks weird as fuck XD), Yuuki's adorable without makeup, Zero looks just creepy, and I'm madly in love with Hiyuu's and Ichiro's aprons. The aprons look like they're made for kindergarten teachers, Hiyuu looks super hot with glasses on and Ichiro's just so adorable and cute I can't stand it.

Yeah im looking forword to the new realease, but without previews their is no way of knowing. Pictures, i like the look but the the big picture cause you cant really see them. the look is a fusion of gossip Masochist red circus to me. oh and i check yuukis twitter every now and then. also their vk, and yuuki so sexy fan page

I think I prefer this look because Hiyuu's wearing nothing but leather... I didn't really fancy Yuuki's hat in the gossip look, this hat's cooler. But seriously they could've had pictures with better quality if they did the photoshoot with a god damn potato... :(

@blackdoll, you should also start following Royal [Delusion]! ;) *advertising*

I think I prefer this look because Hiyuu's wearing nothing but leather... I didn't really fancy Yuuki's hat in the gossip look, this hat's cooler. But seriously they could've had pictures with better quality if they did the photoshoot with a god damn potato... :(

@blackdoll, you should also start following Royal [Delusion]! ;) *advertising*

nah yuuki atlest from those pics  looks better in gossip and i love the hat make him look like the prince he is. everyone call him a hooker but really he just teasing/pleasing his slaves. the new hat is ok but less "your majesty you grace us with your presents" and about the new look other pictures he has pants on and a fur jacket, so he changed it?

Just wanted to say i feel this band is the best, the best music ever, whether its metal, rock, or even pop (desire cover). i can find my self in every release. And honesty there is no classifying one part of them as better, cause i take a favorite song of all time from every release I've herd. I love that they are unique even when the instrumental is similar to another song its totally different. Their understanding of music is just like no other(cant speak for mio cause i haven't herd his other work). Also when they do a cover, it craps on the original (though i haven't herd full i threw away tomorrow cover). They always find a way to insert the dominance like you cant come close to their glory.  The best part is only a select few can truly them hear. name an old song i bet i can match it with a newer one. i don't think of them as different parts anymore only use the term "old" and "new" communicate with the unchosen ones. also love that they can write a simply song and it is just as good or even better than an-other's masterpiece

-True Fan

-Lycaon forever.

The new single 「馬鹿ね。」has been out for a week now. What did you guys think about the single?

I was really surprised how much I liked it. ドグラマグラ is great! I'm really glad I bought that single.

The new single 「馬鹿ね。」has been out for a week now. What did you guys think about the single?

I was really surprised how much I liked it. ドグラマグラ is great! I'm really glad I bought that single.

I like it a lot, for some reason 馬鹿ね。reminds me of the 90's lol, which isn't a bad thing.  I pretty much like the whole single xD  Can't wait until 『 悪女の微笑』 comes out ^^

So with both singles out, i can say my position on Lycaon stays firm, and i don't feel frustrated or the need for a distraction(wonder how this will effect other bands). Baka ne was such a good pop song, totally down for more songs like that. Also loving the new ways they are using the electronics and Yuuki's new playing style. I kinda feel though Yuuki is running away from screaming, like Dogra Magra, Akujo no hohoemi, and especially Dorei to kubiwa could have had some screams. i guess it could be because the surgery? The screams are not needed but you know there are nice. to some up I loved everything they did this year and they are the best releases.

looks: I'm starting to notice that hiyuu is not that hot (or is slacking), ichiro to me is second best behind Yuuki-sama, followed by zero (i like the darkness&cute contrast).

connection: Akujo no Hohoemi i picked up a few guitar parts remind me of redrum and 1st degree. then with the rebing ambrozia.

also notice yuuki is using his high voice with the la lalala la la, and whooooo parts. but that started i think with chains of collar with the kiss me part and in the part near the end of who's psycho disco. Yuuki's the best.

-Lycaon beyond music -- supernatural!

Edited by blackdoll

Ichiro just standing there looking awesome. they dont seem to have a video of him modeling but whatever.

So Zess-sama what do you think of Mio bassing for Born? lmao! Do you still consider him backbone?