Trombe

KAMIJO 2-month consecutive new maxi singles & album release

Wow, I completely take back my prejudices against this song before it was released.

Love the music and the melody in KAMIJO's singing. :lovely:

That blond guitarrist makes it sexy... :drool:

By the way, Jupiter is totally out of my radar. KAMIJO's work is by far more interesting to me.

Just one little complaint. The idea for the PV seems poorly conceived. I mean, KAMIJO keeps dancing around a very small spot and does nothing else but dancing. The women behind him don't seem to be professional dancers either... Especially the blonde one seems a bit insecure.

The PV is close to reaching 10.000 views on Youtube.

Yeah kamijo needs a budget upgrade in the PV department. Tired of seeing him in shitty pv's. He deserves another serenade or ascendead master type of pv. 

Not enough profits! Plus I think most of his budget is spent on the outfits. It is only a single after all, I didn't have much expectations. But I think the upcoming album PV will be more glorious. If he can do Symphony of a Vampire and pull off a story visual. He should be able to outdo it since it will be an album next time around.

Haha.

I think after his huge Vampire movie Warner was like okay chill with the videos for a bit Kamijo, film these next two on this stage with my sisters in the background.

I was hoping for a set-piece in a French setting... But ah well...

As for profits he is definitely raking in the cash, him and Jupiter are always the top sellers in their category, when they both were releasing at the same time they had four out of the five top VK sales on numerous places. The other was Mejibray in fourth place for example.

Perhaps having pieces of clothes that can be attached and dettached in order to make an outfit to look different would help reduce the ammount of money spent on clothing.

I have the impression the company decided to upload the PV on Youtube to make some extra money through views. almost 10.000 views might not be much but extra money is always welcome.

Moulin Rouge is such a Lareine-throwback (Fuyu Tokyo anyone?), I love it.

Also gives me a chance to be all hipster and laugh at all the Versailles fan younglings that are crying now "Oh no, Kamijosama needs to be all metulz and dark and aristocraticy again!"

(Don't get me wrong, I really liked Versailles, but the symphonic metal thing has gotten pretty stale at the end, so I like he's doing some different styles again.)

I wonder if KAMIJO would be willing to make a new version of SOLITUDE (Lareine). I like the way the song sounded live in the last period of Lareine, but it seems they never released an improved version of the song.

I wonder what it would sound like if KAMIJO made a new version of it...

aristocraticy [2]

don't really feel those videos, but his music is consistently well done

moulin rouge reminded me of this video, gonna spend rest of the day crying over miyavi flopping and never recovering back

There was an interview somewhere, I don't recall what blog exactly, around the time of Symphony of the Vampire where he states he wants to continue to keep creating characters and further evolve musically. Which kind of explains why it didn't seem like a big deal for him to put Versailles on hiatus. I don't expect him to do remakes or sound like he did in previous works at all.

Moulin rouge PV

PV preview 闇夜のライオン(yamiyo no lion)" :

Both of those PVs look similar; same stage, and the support members are still wearing the same costumes.

Yamiyo no Lion sounds much better btw.

In those pictures Kamijo reminds me of Yukari (Baiser) and the excessive use of filters to make him look more feminine in the PVs to the point that sometimes it looked as oif he didn't have a nose. :lol:

In this case the effect is used to make Kamijo look younger.

The Moulin Rouge PV makes me :indie_wth: a bit.... (maybe he should've had Kaya in the background instead of those two girls...he probably would've added a more classy Moulin Rouge feel than them...)

Yeah Moulin Rouge is basically the opposite of classy, lol. That song has grown on me some since it's release but definitely still not my favorite of his. But I love the Yamiyo no Lion covers. He looks incredible in them.

Does Kamijo speak any english?

I think an artist like him who has and is performing abroad should be able to speak some english so that he can communicate with his fans. Otherwise, when some japanese artists perform abroad they speak in japanese and people are like "hmmm... ... yeahhh..." >.<

MIYAVI did a great job at learning english.

Bonjour hanny

When I saw Versailles in 2008 he spoke a little English to the crowd, but it was more than likely rehearsed (which is perfectly fine). He pretty much said something like "We are bearsighs and you complete me. Tonight, I give you my heart."