Trombe

12012 will be indefinitely on hiatus

12012 will be indefinitely on hiatus after their one-man live "悲哀と狂気と激情の果てに(hiai to kyouki to gekijou no hate ni)" at TSUTAYA O-East at 2014/12/12, as their members would like to take time to re-evaluate their future and musical directions

Announcing it 10 months in advance is a bit... overeager, isn't it? Anyway, I'm sure they'll manage to churn out some more Dir en grey ripoffs until then.

Bummer. I actually like their new direction. In fact I've liked pretty much everything they've ever done. Oh well, they've got time to do one more album before they go.

Guest Magatsu

Well still 10 months to go (^.-)

hopefully they end with something amazing.

also to the fans, please enjoy the 10 remaining months!!

Friendly reminder for everyone to stick to our Forum Rules, specifically Rule #2. If all you have to say about this is "finally" or "it was about time", or something along these lines without any further reasoning/explanation your post will judged as troll post and deleted, as I already did with some posts in here. Thanks~

Wow, haven't really listened their recent music at all, but it's awful to see another big name go on hiatus. :x

(But then again, these news made me to listen their old stuff for the first time in over five years, or more. Maybe I will try to listen to their "new" stuff too.)

THE SWAN wasn't great, not bad though. I love this band, so I wouldn't want to see them stop their activities, but maybe its for the best.

I would like to see them coming back to their SEVEN era sound, as much as I liked their self-titled... its easily their best album.

I seriously hope they are able to find their identity again ...

Their last K-pop-look-metalcore-whatever-sound was just not my coup of tea and they didn't seem to be satisfied with it also.

Listening to Bell Salem, Knightmare, Shin ~Deep~ and not Obtain makes me cry how great they were D:

Also I miss their old story-based lyrics ...

re-evaluate their future and musical directions

I truly hope that they are serious about this.

12012 was once a band with a distinct sound and distinct concept, very strong lyrics and a very strong atmosphere but ever since their major debut they seem to have lost their way.

They never actually mastered any of the styles they tried since then, it was always more like half-heartily stealing here and there.

There was a brief period around usubeni to ame where I thought they created something of their own again but it was over as fast as it started.

If they ever return, I don't even want them to go back to the roots (although that would be cool), I just wish they'd return sometime with a concept that is really their own again, because I know they can do it. They showed that they are great composers, great performers. Wataru is a great vocalist and a great poet. They showed they can impress me. So why?

12s case is the only one where I actually lost respect for a band I once loved.

I haven't liked much of any of their latest releases, but THE SWAN was quite nice.

Hopefully it's just a hiatus, as I would like to see what other kind of directions they will go in when the time comes around.

also please remember that wataru is chick-chocking patriarchy fetishising cis-privileged scum

Well. Some would argue that physical violence against a woman by a man is feminism because gender shouldn't determine who you decide to choke.

That's not my opinion because my opinion is that nobody should choke noone.

Still, we don't know whether he did it because he's a sexist asshole or some other kind of asshole or no asshole at all.

Also this story has a beard and the beard has a beard.

It's kind of depressing since they were one of my first VK bands I fell in love with, but watching their career more recently I have to say I'm not terribly upset by this. If they go away for a few years and come back with a vengeance like some other bands I've seen, then it'll all have been worth it.

I was really impressed with The Swan and even Deicida of Silence (even though most people tend to hate it?). On the former EP especially, the instrumental work was incredible and actually set them apart from their previous Dir En Grey-lite sound. Wataru's questionable vocal work took some getting used to but once this was achieved both EPs were actually really impressive for me. Hopefully a new album will be released before they are on hiatus.

Hopefully a new album will be released before they are on hiatus.

I doubt it. They just released two best-of albums. That's the universal cash-in before the hiatus ploy. Plus, if they're going on hiatus because they're trying to re-evaluate their life choices they aren't very confident in their new direction and likely wouldn't release anything anyway.

If anything, this band desperately needed this break. Switching styles every few releases polarizes fans and wrecks your credibility when you aren't very good at a style, and 12012 have switched it up so many times they've probably gained fans, lost them, gained them again, and then lost them again. They need to pick ONE style of music that they are good at and stick with it. Or disband.

It's interesting to note that they lost their guitarist before they started their most recent fad and we were guessing he left because he didn't like that new style (and he started a band that sounded similar to 12012). Does this hiatus prove Suga right? And if not, what style are they going to jump to? They've already done metalcore, pop, hard rock, and a mixture of all three, so unless they are retreading old ground whatever comes out of this will be interesting.

I expect a few live-distributed singles because they prooobably have some studio leftovers lying around, and again, I won't be amused if this indefinite hiatus will only last like 3 or 4 months after 12.12 and they will come back with a full album after that.

on a side note, they need to track down whoever was producing their undercode stuff and give him a lot of money to make their shit sound right again.