Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new documentary blu-ray & DVD release

『TOUR13 GHOUL』 2014.4.23 RELEASE

TOUR2013 GHOUL――15 nationwide shows in 9 cities in Japan beginning at YOKOHAMA BLITZ on September 18, 2013, followed by their month long American tour with 14 shows in 14 cities that kicked off on November 3, 2013, all captured on video. The fourth compilation of 『TOUR13 GHOUL』with footage that documents DIR EN GREY face to face with reality will be released on April 23, 2014!

It wasn't a long time since they released IN SITU-TABULA RASA DVD

By the way, is it me or did they really have more than two promotion tours for THE UNRAVELING?

As long as it is released in America to stores I can physically purchase them, or even download from iTunes, okay. But I'm not paying like 50$ for a BluRay or whatever.

I don't want to talk bad about my favorite band, but seriously. The last years 90% of all of their releases has been "live"-related Blu-ray/DVDs or live recordings. I'm honestly tired of these releases. I didn't buy "TOUR12-13 IN SITU-TABULA RASA" and I will definitely not buy "TOUR2013 GHOUL". The bonus DVD live content on "Rinkaku" and "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" is enough for me.

I never understood why they release so many DVD/BDs, why should people buy several documentary DVDs when they are touring worldwide each year, now even in Australia? And the documentary-part is not relevant at all since they don't come with English subtitles, absolutely pointless.

IN SITU-TABULA RASA provided a lot of footage of some damn amazing performances. 

So all y'all bitching over another release can suck it... this will be awesome. 

(PS I don't watch these for the yawn-inducing back stage stuff, so I'm with you there...)

(PS I don't watch these for the yawn-inducing back stage stuff, so I'm with you there...)

So you buy the thing for half the stuff that's actually in there.. wow@consumerism

There are these great bands which released like 3 or 4 live DVDs in total in their carreer... just to put in some perspective. There were times where you actually craved for live recordings, precisely bc there weren't so much of them. But that's only my story to it.

Where did I say "buy"?

I love these DVD's for the quality live footage they provide, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to plunk down $80 every time a DVD/Blu-ray comes out.

As long as this band doesn't go all "5 NEW SINGLEs IN 3 MONTH" shit I'm fine. Complaining over DVD releases of various tours is asinine. Some fans love it, some not so much. You aren't being forced to purchase them, and you aren't missing anything new if you refuse to.

As long as this band doesn't go all "5 NEW SINGLEs IN 3 MONTH" shit I'm fine.

this might be a sound release strategy and a much better option than releasing another live dvd no1 asked for (I'm just saying)

i just hope they release the DSS shows on dvd like the UROBOROS one. these documentary dvds are just ridiculous. and stupid since they dont even bother to release it in the places they tour. or even bother with the subtitles. at least the AQA one had that weird narrator in english

this might be a sound release strategy and a much better option than releasing another live dvd no1 asked for (I'm just saying)

Both is ridicuouls.. and though I have lost faith in fanbase humanity already I doubt that 5 singles/3 months will be accepted that well by the fanbase.. or at least any more than such a pretentious "documentary" DVD. If we look at Nightmare, their new avex contract is slowly firing back on them and their flood of worthless singles gets more and more ignored.

Why DIR EN GREY continues to take the stage

It has been 15 years since DIR EN GREY made their spectacular debut, and they are still continuing to progress. DIR EN GREY has just announced their fourth video documentary, TOUR13 GHOUL, with footage that documents DIR EN GREY face to face with reality, will be released on April 23, 2014. It features their domestic headlining tour beginning at YOKOHAMA BLITZ on September 18, 2013, where Kyo revealed his self-created, skull-like make-up that gave him the appearance of a ghoul starved for human flesh. The tour's stage production invited audiences into the world of DIR EN GREY, while the band followed their instincts and laid themselves bare for the crowds. The documentary also includes their month-long American tour, from the fatal shooting at LAX on November 1 for which DIR EN GREY were present, to the looming possibility of cancelling shows due to a tour bus breakdown. The three months of filming captures on video anxiety about their new challenges, unimaginable realities, and a ray of hope at the end of hardship. Why take the stage? —— This is the film that documents the five members who repeatedly ponder this unanswerable question and fight their way through difficulty. Don't miss their words and feelings from the inside. 

Blu-ray

[initial Limited Version] 2 DISCS (MAIN DISC+BONUS DISC) SFXD-0005〜6 ¥9,400+tax

[Original Version] (MAIN DISC) SFXD-0007 ¥7,800+tax

DVD

[initial Limited Version] 3 DISCS (2 MAIN DISCS+BONUS DISC) SFBD-0047〜49 ¥8,400+tax

[Original Version] 2 DISCS (2 MAIN DISCS) SFBD-0050〜51 ¥6,800+tax

e251dd0d13479d47dbf2069257ec2bb5.jpg

yeah I was scanning that tracklist for anything unusual and interesting and feeling disappointed but then I saw HADES and was like 'wahoooooo'

DVD release justified

The three months of filming captures on video anxiety about their new challenges, unimaginable realities, and a ray of hope at the end of hardship. Why take the stage? —— This is the film that documents the five members who repeatedly ponder this unanswerable question and fight their way through difficulty. Don't miss their words and feelings from the inside.

That's part of a description posted on Dir en grey's Facebook. It feels like they take this same paragraph, and modify it to add at the end of any promotion regarding the band (at least their recent Tour DVD's). It makes the DVD sound like an exercise in Philosophy more than a Tour DVD.

Sign in to follow this