sai

Least favourite songs/releases by your favourite artists

Versailles - Philia

All i got

I feel like most stuff released after Noble's been bad... I sort of liked Holy Grail (Masquerade and Judicial Noir was really good), but the last release was just a big meh IMO.

I really disliked Masochist Red Circus by lycaon.  I was always on the fence with their "erotic era" songs (as I have heard them referred to), which was such a shame since I was addicted to Royal Order era everything.

I hated the single Ginger by Exist+Trace to promote their major debut album Virgin, which was a huge letdown since I loved all of the singles leading up to the album.

Guest mitsubana

Least favorite song of my favorite artist...to be honest...this one was really hard, but after much thought:

アンシア / ANSIA : 恋花-koibana-

The MV for the song is really well-done in my opinion, but the song itself... I think they were trying to make a song that could be the opener for an anime or something. It had to grow on me... But the rest of the songs on that single...yes, I love haha

I used to be really into SKULL and 176biz and i think i stopped caring after they came out with Awake and Hello respectively.

And as soon as Lulu went major and changed their sound I was over them.

I think its less like i dont like 1 release/song instead it just becomes, oh i didnt like this album so i dont think im ever gonna listen to them ever again.

its dumb but thats how my brain works.

I'm just going to pick and choose between my top favourite artists.

Arkona's - Yarilo which is a huge fan favourite.

I really just don't like their typical generic folk metal songs. Another would be Stenka na Stenku. I'm looking forward to their next album, some updates they've said they're going to try avoid doing "easy" songs like Yarilo and Stenka na Stenku, so looking forward to it. Moar Slavic tribal stuff plz

Missalina Rei -

I don't really like TOKIMEKI. Maybe because I never really thought Arisu was adorable or anything like that, I mean there's like one scene with him trying to be all kawaii and the wind blows his hair back and motha fuckin long ass gnarly side burns. Otherwise ehhh, I like a lot of other songs from them that aren't all Arisu being kawaii and stuff.

Versailles - Zombie and Masquerade

I didn't really like Zombie THAT much. It's certainly a fun song but I just didn't get the hype for it. I definitively skip it for something better in their disco.

Masquerade suffered from a bad weak Kamijo chorus. That song starts out so good but the chorus is just so weak and really kills the mood of the song. Plz remake as a Jupiter song and rewrite chorus for their new better singer.

Dir en grey -

I don't like Raison Detre and didn't care much for stuff like Ain't Afraid to Die, Embryo oh yeah and THE FINAL. 

Raphael -

I didn't care much for Lost Graduation and another that came right around that time.

Madeth gray'll -

I wanna say Missantroop but I'll probably change my mind as soon as I post this. 

Megaromania - Heaven's Novel

It just didn't work for me, idk :/ They had better ballad-ish songs than this.

Metis Gretel - Maiden

I feel like I might get crucified for this 'cause most people seem to love this song :( It's not bad, it's just nothing special for me.

Phantasmagoria - Glitter

Eheheh. Fun at lives for all the furi and dancing, but otherwise just meh :(

ClearVeil - The future of despair (mini)

All songs except for the title song are weaker than most of their other stuff.

Turisas - Turisas2013 (album)

This is the one where most fans will agree with me - it feels like no effort whatsoever was put into making of this album.

That's just some, I don't want to spam the thread ;A;

Edit: Gotta add one more:

DIAURA - anti people

I love this band to bits, but ugh.

Plastic Tree - Spica. I usually love ballads but I've never been able to love this song. It's so plain.

PLASTICZOOMS - Got nothing. From what I've heard of their discography, I don't dislike anything of theirs.

plastic tree's one bleepbloop song makes me wanna bash my head in

uh RES - re-birth is also fucking awful

sixty nine and mirror by d'espairsray really grate on me too

rosario by emmurée is borderline unlistenable i honestly try to forget it exists

merry go round also have some really annoying songs

i hate evilly by lynch. with a passion also

#rantover

BY-SEXUAL - Young Spirits: I really love most of their albums and I can listen to them all of the way through if I'm listening to them on CD.  However, this one is the only album that I cannot listen to the songs as stand alone tracks (if I'm listening to it on my computer or iPod).  I find the songs to be a lot weaker compare to their other material and the concept they had during this era to be really odd.  But Thank You For Smile has to be one of my favorite PVs due to the goofiness of members turning into random objects.

Color - Ask the Angels: I really do not like "major label" era of Color for the most part.  The single versions of the songs on this album are cringe-worthy.  The album versions at least get rid of the annoying, cheesy sound effects that the single versions had.  The only songs I enjoyed were Urban Scandal and Big Wave.

Sister's No Future Max - Mind Park: SNF, in general, is the biggest mess of a band that I can say I like in some weird way.  Sister's No Future Super Deluxe's T.G.I.F. album is one of my guilty pleasure albums because it is so bad that it's good.  (Trying to figure out who's the best singer between D.Tommy, Kenzi, Den, and She-ja in "Long Time No See" is a great conversation piece, BTW.)  However, the follow-up SNF Max album, Mind Park is very, very horrible.  I get second-hand embarrassment just by listening to this album.  I try to forget I own this album.

Plastic Tree - Spica. I usually love ballads but I've never been able to love this song. It's so plain.

PLASTICZOOMS - Got nothing. From what I've heard of their discography, I don't dislike anything of theirs.

Spica seems like such a popular song, so I'm really glad I'm not alone here. I came to this thread just to post Spica. 

Rush (my all-time favorite) - "Roll the Bones." Proof that white men SHOULD. NOT. RAP.

Nightwish - "Song of Myself." I can tolerate Tuomas's self-indulgent lyrics but this was beyond the pale. I have not listened to it all the way through once.

Children of Bodom - "Hate Crew Deathroll." Utterly embarrassing lyrics but the music is awesome.

Nevermore - "Medicated Nation." Falls short of their usual excellence

Shinedown - "Bully." Lame attempt to jump on the anti-bullying bandwagon

Aldious - "Die For You." That was the end of them for me.

Matenrou Opera's Kumo no Ito and Tataeyou Hahanaru Chie De are just bad.

D's 時空航海記 ~光の彼方へ~
Hell, I even liked Happy Unbirthday. But this song sucks. 

Bon Voyage is bad too.

Acid Black Cherry's Dragon Carnival. No matter how much I try I just don't like it.

L'Arc en Ciel's Anemone sucks big time. They have great songs, lousy songs, repetitive songs, bad songs and then Anemone on it's own category of really terrible song.

And I'll probably come up with more later.

THREE LIGHTS DOWN KINGS' "Future Maker". I haven't listened to the whole "Rock to the Future" album, but if this is the best track they could come up with from it, I don't know if I want to. God, it's so embarrassingly bland. It literally sounds like they just sucked all the fun and personality out of the band.

I'm not surprised Ko-ichi ditched them if this was the direction they wanted to go in.

the SHADOWZ album by lynch. is actually really bad overall to me. i've warmed up to some songs hearing them live but i don't listen to the album when i listen to their recorded work. weird because it was preceded by an iconic single. i also hated BALLAD but i knew i would and that song has been left to die mostly unplayed like it always deserved

also i always skip 9GOATS' 願い because the first 30 seconds are so boring for me i can't get past them. if it's actually good after that i'll never know

otherwise bands i used to like end up doing things that put them in the "bands that went downhill" thread instead (well 12012 sort of came back around when they added Mokichi...)

In DIV's case it's gonna be that "Natsu no yukue" remix. It's bad. Also "EDR Tokyo". It's listenable and I like some songs from it but it's unsatisfying when compared to the rest of their discography. You can hear those musical differences that made them disband.

With Alice Nine it's gonna be "Akatsuki/Ikkoku no chandelier" single and "Honjitsu wa seitan ni nari". I never got myself to like them. Also I'm not to fond of "Light and Darkness". Nothing caught my attention on this mini album.

I also don't like Moran's "Aru sakushi to no yuugiroku". That song is just weird.

i have to get this off my chest.

dadaroma's recent「造花とカラシニコフ」single was... something i really did not enjoy.

people kept hyping it up, saying it wouldn't be filled with ballads, but dammit it's filled with ballads!

also, mejibray's nanaki is something i can't stand. 

i think i just have an undeniable hatred for ballads,,, (most ballads. some are actually good)

Malice Mizer's song Brise. They're one of my absolute favorite Japanese bands but dear god why did they tarnish their name with this garbage? It's literally insufferable to me.

Chie Chan's landscape by Zazen Boys. Another one of my absolute favorite band but this song would put me to sleep if it wasn't so annoying at the same time as managing to be boring.

On 11/7/2013 at 8:03 AM, seikun said:

Almost everything released after Yami ni chiru sakura by Alice Nine.

Almost everything released since 2005 by Kagrra,

Almost everything released since 2004 by Nightmare (I don't even understand why they haven't changed their name yet. It just doesn't suit them anymore O.o)

Almost everything released after 2007 by Ayabie.

I didn't like PIERROT's release called Hello. It was so uninspired. I tend to think they could barely look one other in the eye in those days before the sudden breakup...

OMG. Couldn't agree more with Alice Nine, Kagrra, and Ayabie. Mostly agree with Nightmare, except I think anima is a great album, so I'd extend it to like 2006 for them. The single tracks being the most boring on it, but the rest quite nice imo.

17 hours ago, Atreides said:

Malice Mizer's song Brise. They're one of my absolute favorite Japanese bands but dear god why did they tarnish their name with this garbage? It's literally insufferable to me.

lol Brise is one of the best songs on Merveilles

quite a few people seem to really like Gift by THE NOVEMBERS, but i think it's their most boring release ever. every time i try to sit down and really listen to it i forget the whole damn thing the minute it ends. the release is practically nonexistent to me. i can't seem to see what people see in it all...