BaLiL

MERRY new single "ZERO-ゼロ-" and devour act 3

^What.

i like their new direction. from all the bands that people say are disappointed  with their new music.(like giru,mucc,lynch.merry and more bands .i see people complain about the new songs of these bands all the time)

merry is the only one i don't have a problem and i still like them the same . i disagree with other people opinion.

did you understand it now. is it more clear for you.

I'm not familiar with their older stuff, but I really enjoyed their last single "Fukurou" (probably my #1 favorit song of the year). This preview looks like a huge step down to me (both musically and visually), even though I wouldn't call it bad.

I'm not excited at all for this single.. I don't like their punk songs where Gara only screams. If they removed the punk in their songs MERRY would be so much better. Punk is a music style that should be buried 20 years ago.

We'll see a disbandment message from these guys soon.

nooo i don't want them to disband T____T

such a jinx LOL and negative energy dude

anyway i think you are wrong. they have this rebellious side that makes them awesome. but at the same time not being simple music or just random noise that many punk bands are.
and i thought what was unique about merry was that they combine many elements like jazz ,blues, punk etc.
i feel like they always had these kind of songs since the start.

but i think you mean more  the nu metal style/sound trend

since i like the new songs i fail to understand what's the problem ? . but i respect some people  i know who  they adore them and are fans for so long
and i am under the impression they want them to be more jazzy and melancholic and less agressive?
am i understanding correctly?
can you explain more what changed? what songs do you like more from the past?

because i don't think they had such a huge/bad change. maybe it's just more in appearance.
well they didn't stay in the past but the songs are still cool.
(and thank god they didn't turn to pop)

are we seriously having a problem for this one preview. since what release did they had the change?

(what can i do i like the new songs very much. can't help it)

Punk is a music style that should be buried 20 years ago.

For the last two hours I've been trying to come up with something clever to say to this, but I'm just too overwhelmed by the immense stupidity and ignorance of this statement to come up with anything. 

I'm not excited at all for this single.. I don't like their punk songs where Gara only screams. If they removed the punk in their songs MERRY would be so much better. Punk is a music style that should be buried 20 years ago.

We'll see a disbandment message from these guys soon.

Sebbi,

First, with 12012 s/t claim and now THIS??

I really hope you'd give your comments some thought next time.

↑ I want MERRY "jazzy" and "bluesy", not punky. Their latest songs has only been a piece of chaotic noise where Gara screams like a maniac. "Beautiful Freaks" were really weak (only a couple of songs were really good), I don't know what they're doing these days. Fukurou was good but when they release new stuff so rarely, I expect them to deliver and they simply don't deliver with ZERO. Maybe their B-side tracks will surprise me. If their name was the GazettE they could get away with this recycled song...

Regarding the stuff I said about disbandment message, they will probably leave a disbandment message because of that band member being hospitalized, and the fact Gara previously also has had voice issues. Look at D'espairsRay for example.

Gara's had his back issues two or three times as well but they didn't disband then either...

I'm not familiar with their older stuff, but I really enjoyed their last single "Fukurou" (probably my #1 favorit song of the year). This preview looks like a huge step down to me (both musically and visually), even though I wouldn't call it bad.

Literally the same view point. Absolutely loved their last single, but the only two songs I know by them before that was one on a super old omnibus and their Diru cover.

Not really feeling the typography-kei video.

Also just because you don't like the punk genre, that doesn't make it the worst thing in music (also I don't recall Fukurou or whatever it was called to be screamy, nor any other songs on that single).

Punk certainly isnt a genre that should be commended for its great amount of skilled musicians or inventiveness though

↑ I want MERRY "jazzy" and "bluesy", not punky. Their latest songs has only been a piece of chaotic noise where Gara screams like a maniac. "Beautiful Freaks" were really weak (only a couple of songs were really good), I don't know what they're doing these days. Fukurou was good but when they release new stuff so rarely, I expect them to deliver and they simply don't deliver with ZERO. Maybe their B-side tracks will surprise me. If their name was the GazettE they could get away with this recycled song...

Regarding the stuff I said about disbandment message, they will probably leave a disbandment message because of that band member being hospitalized, and the fact Gara previously also has had voice issues. Look at D'espairsRay for example.

Did you miss out on "Under-World" and earlier Merry albums tho? They've had punk flavor in many songs for awhile so I still don't get your saying. But yes, ZERO isn't certainly anything spectacular - more of "Yakou" level tbqh.

In terms of hospitalization, as Tokage said - Gara got himself operated twice/thrice and see, they are still on the move (despite the not-so-long hiatus)! Reasons for D'espa's disbandment could be considered as "lazy excuses" and are totally irrelevant to everything above my comment.

/tbh you should have dropped Merry out of your league right after your "first touch" if you "hated" punk so much.

it's different to be a punk band from having punk elements. also i am kinda sure @seb haven't listen to much punk rock bands from his descriptions. screams doesn't always mean punk

punk it's it's not about skills. is more about having fun and being rebellious.

ok to be honest it's been years since i listen to punk and sometimes i think how the fuck did i listen to some bands.but

some people are missing the point though.punk is not only about music. it has a whole ideology behind it that is asking you to be rebellious, disobedient, to not sell out, to keep your values, free thought etc .
and it's sad times when people feel we don't need this anymore and they are ignorant enough to not know why it existed.

(so what @Disposable said pretty much x2)

and i love beautiful freaks. i am under the impression most older fans are more upset about that nu metal trend & style and afraid they will loose their jazzy band to this. i think merry had punk elements and aggressive songs since the beginning. but maybe less?  i don't remember.
i personally really love their new songs. and this preview is kinda catchy

plus i like when gara screams and the more agressive songs

Did you miss out on "Under-World" and earlier Merry albums tho? They've had punk flavor in many songs for awhile so I still don't get your saying. But yes, ZERO isn't certainly anything spectacular - more of "Yakou" level tbqh.

that's exactly what I was going to say, MERRY earlier albums had a lot of jazz and punk influence.

take the song "charlie" for example or the concert that came with the BURST EP.

In terms of hospitalization, as Tokage said - Gara got himself operated twice/thrice and see, they are still on the move (despite the not-so-long hiatus)! Reasons for D'espa's disbandment could be considered as "lazy excuses" and are totally irrelevant to everything above my comment.

/tbh you should have dropped Merry out of your league right after your "first touch" if you "hated" punk so much.

No, I have that CD in my CD collection so I haven't missed out on that. Their best albums are still "nu Chemical Rhetoric", "PEEP SHOW" and "M.E.R.R.Y". After that their albums only contained a couple of really good songs (the singles). If they could skip songs like "BURST" and all that chaotic crap that only contains hysterical screams and noisy punk influenced instrumentals, then I'm satisfied.

Their music style is very wide, mixing a lot of styles and changing it whenever they like. It's hard to know how their next single/album would sound like because of that. I'm just not that into the chaotic MERRY, it's good though they only put 2-3 chaotic songs on their albums, leaving the rest "listenable". But I'm glad MERRY is not like the GazettE only recycling the same stuff over and over. So I shouldn't complain really ;) Now there's not more to discuss about this..

No, I have that CD in my CD collection so I haven't missed out on that. Their best albums are still "nu Chemical Rhetoric", "PEEP SHOW" and "M.E.R.R.Y". After that their albums only contained a couple of really good songs (the singles). If they could skip songs like "BURST" and all that chaotic crap that only contains hysterical screams and noisy punk influenced instrumentals, then I'm satisfied.

Their music style is very wide, mixing a lot of styles and changing it whenever they like. It's hard to know how their next single/album would sound like because of that. I'm just not that into the chaotic MERRY, it's good though they only put 2-3 chaotic songs on their albums, leaving the rest "listenable". But I'm glad MERRY is not like the GazettE only recycling the same stuff over and over. So I shouldn't complain really ;) Now there's not more to discuss about this..

for the sake of staying on-topic:

Oh pardon, the albums you mentioned still have enough punk (Poetry, Dekiai no Suisou, Nameless Night etc. etc. etc. etc.) to make them legitly tagged as "punk" as well. And "chaotic"? WHAT?!

Enough, I really shouldn't bother getting off-topic with such...speechlessly dumb matters. I am done.

ps. in case you couldn't really read the "intentionally tiny" text:

TBH, you should have dropped Merry out of your league right after your "first touch" if you hated punk so much.

Just saying.

Covers look okay

type a cover is dumb, other two look reasonably cool

TBH, you should have dropped Merry out of your league right after your "first touch" if you hated punk so much.

Nah, I discovered MERRY in 2004-2005 so I liked it then, and I like it now. I don't "hate" punk, I just think it's a music style that belong to the history book. Now, discussion is over.

I also like the cover artworks. Especially Ltd B + Regular Edition. The Ltd A cover could have been the back cover for Regular Edition, it would've looked better. ;)

type a cover is dumb, other two look reasonably cool

actually i LOVE the type a album jacket, stylish and clean .

the other 2 looks too plain and they almost look like gazette's shiver remember the urge style .

and i just want to say that merry has always been 'punk' since the beginning. it's just the 'sound' doesnt sound like conventional american type

of power chord shredding punk sound .