Sign in to follow this  
bakteeri

Versailles

I have to say that I'm alittle disappointed with the new song. I just don't feel it. The chorus is not good/catchy enough, neither the instrumentals.

But maybe it will grow...!

Judicial Noir's lyrics came from me when I was tied up in Hizaki's bed with a gag ball in my mouth, and Hizaki whipping me. I can imagine Kamijew singing those daisuki desu's perfectly *_______________*

SUGOOIIIII

Fact: Hizaki did that same step he did in the Philia PV on top of me.

Bitches gon' hate

^

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I will be waiting for Judicial Noir with this image in my head D: *I know how you look like Jonjon* It's like Akaki Hitsuji all over again. Except I wouldn't mind being whipped by Asagi. Or Kamijo. Giggity.

ah, more like all the fangirls will squeals over it, jon.

Get ready to have dozens of new followers on your twitter. Dun dun dunnn.

On serious notes, really can't wait to hear the full single.

Uggggh, the PV is boring as fuck. Come on you're major now please make better PVs. I can barely watch the whole thing because it's just so damn boring. Shit budget indie bands have better PVs than this.

Whatever though the PV isn't really that important. The song is great but it's standard Versailles style and not as adventurous as Libido. It's nice to see that Masashi is more involved with the music, you can actually hear the bass now! :D Can't wait to hear a higher quality version of it. I hope the B-sides are awesome and they try some new things ~

It's nice to see that Masashi is more involved with the music, you can actually hear the bass now! :D

This is the best part about the "new" Versailles.

I like Philia :D It's what I want from Versailles since I consider ASCENDEAD Master to be the "perfect" style for them. A lot of people felt that PRINCE/ PRINCESS was ideal, but is what really did it for me. Sure it's not their most exciting, daring, or heavy song, but it's more of what I like so I'm not complaining at all.

am I the only one on this forum considering 80% of their post-noble production pure repetitive, uninspired, boring crap?

and again, again, another boring song, like destiny (but at least the B-sides in that single were something new...)

I hope the B-sides of this one will be good too, because I'm really losing hopes in this once great band.

To no one's big surprise, Versailles gets enough beef on MH forum for just their concept and genre alone so don't feel like a loner, lol.

I actually think Versailles has shown a more variation with JUBILEE and releases since then, although I agree they've always had little annoying consistencies throughout their discography (that existed before Noble) that I could do without. The recent A-sides do tend to be weaker, but I've ended up changing my mind about them being so boring once I've heard them more than just one or two times. Getting rid of the synthetic orchestra and adding real instruments has been a huge plus for me.

ok but, let's take a look at lyrical sympathy:

1-intro (ok, intro)

2-the love from a dead orchestra: the only long lasting song that does not sound like a collage of many unfinished songs pasted into one (refering to god palace and history of the other side), catchy vocals

3-shout and bites: the weakest song in the ep in my opinion, too much of that bad "screaming" they had at the time, but still an enjoyable song, catchy vocals

4-beast of desire: cool synths, fast song, catchy vocals

5-forbidden gate: nice use of flutes and harp synths, a little less heavy than the other songs, catchy vocals

6-the red carpet day: very fast guitars along with very fast organ, not one of my favourites, but it's pretty different from the others

7-sympathya:a nice closing ballad

in total, there are 6 VERY different songs, different structures, different choices of styles, different uses of synths, didnt feel the need to put an "OMFG1!1!1!!!!111 UBER HIZAKI SOLOH" in every song and, very important, catchy vocals.

noble still had catchy songs and cool things, but sometimes you could hear something that reminded you their old songs.

after that (starting from prince and princess) 80% of their songs are all just too much similar:

strings, strings, strings

UBAH SOLO, UBAH SOLO, UBAH SOLO

boring kamijo, boring kamijo, boring kamijo

I dont mean all of their songs look alike, now

as for recent ones, the B-sides in destiny were pretty cool and innovative, gekkakou also, but in jubilee there was not a single song (aside gekkakou) that I actually liked..

I'm sad because in my opinion they started in a more "simple" way of doing things, and now they turned into something too much elaborated under certain aspects, and too much boring and repetetive (and, I cant tell for sure, but to me it looks like it's kamijo the root of all this..)

ok but, let's take a look at lyrical sympathy:

1-intro (ok, intro)

2-the love from a dead orchestra: the only long lasting song that does not sound like a collage of many unfinished songs pasted into one (refering to god palace and history of the other side), catchy vocals

3-shout and bites: the weakest song in the ep in my opinion, too much of that bad "screaming" they had at the time, but still an enjoyable song, catchy vocals

4-beast of desire: cool synths, fast song, catchy vocals

5-forbidden gate: nice use of flutes and harp synths, a little less heavy than the other songs, catchy vocals

6-the red carpet day: very fast guitars along with very fast organ, not one of my favourites, but it's pretty different from the others

7-sympathya:a nice closing ballad

in total, there are 6 VERY different songs, different structures, different choices of styles, different uses of synths, didnt feel the need to put an "OMFG1!1!1!!!!111 UBER HIZAKI SOLOH" in every song and, very important, catchy vocals.

noble still had catchy songs and cool things, but sometimes you could hear something that reminded you their old songs.

after that (starting from prince and princess) 80% of their songs are all just too much similar:

strings, strings, strings

UBAH SOLO, UBAH SOLO, UBAH SOLO

boring kamijo, boring kamijo, boring kamijo

I dont mean all of their songs look alike, now

as for recent ones, the B-sides in destiny were pretty cool and innovative, gekkakou also, but in jubilee there was not a single song (aside gekkakou) that I actually liked..

I'm sad because in my opinion they started in a more "simple" way of doing things, and now they turned into something too much elaborated under certain aspects, and too much boring and repetetive (and, I cant tell for sure, but to me it looks like it's kamijo the root of all this..)

I lol'd at the UBAH HIZAKI SOLOHH!!!! Though I wouldn't call the vocals boring. You can hear Kamijo has improved throughout Versailles' career, so I wouldn't call his vocals boring :/ So also agreed with Peace heavy MK II

he improved A LOT for sure, with boring I mean that the vocal line is not very catching and quite repetitive.

and no, I'm not kidding, I like songs to have a definite structure, in those 2 songs there is no chorus, no verse, it only seems a bridge, leading to another bridge, leading to another bridge, leading to a chorus that you hear only once in the song, UBAH SOLO obbviously, bridge, bridge, end.

and yeah, hizaki's and teru's solos were cool back then, but now...they sound very forced, very similar, I cant tell one from the other..

@ Genryuu111 Well, I think JUBILEE had some strong, interesting songs. I noticed different structures, styles, AND you have some work with actual strings not crappy synths (although this is more of my personal preference). "Gekkako," "Amorphous," "Serenade," "Catharsis," and "Umbrella of Glass" I think were quite different and if you wanna count "Reminiscence" that song as well. The others were standard Versailles style, but I feel were overall tasteful.

I'm liking Philia! I really love Masashi's bass and Teru's guitar solo! ^^ Although I agree with Arithmetica that the PV is a little bit of a let down.

@cibicco-san

gekkako was the only song I liked, and it came from a single

catharsis has an amazing start, but then turns in the typical fast versailles song

the umbrella of glass to me seems a boring version of windress

I agree for amorphous to be quite different, but still it's not enough catchy to me

serenade is a good song, but it's a ballad that HAS to be in EVERY metal album, and to be honest, I think people like it mainly because of the reference to jasmine, and not for the song to be actually something special

about the crappy synths, like you said, it's a matter of tastes, I prefered the crappy synths to what there is now, but I think that's a normal evolution for a band that goes major (instead of doing like in the last MdM album, that has some of the fakest synths I've ever heard XD)

anyway, listened again to philia, it's not BAD, but not special either :/

the only thing I appreciate is the new kind of costumes, they really needed something differend (although I dont understand why they have 2 sets of costumes..)

lol at those old school videos XD

Versailles is quite disappointing me. Luckily not in musical therms, but in private ones xD like: first the drama, now the absurd EU tour. dunno. luckily the music is still OK!

The drama was shockingly dumb, but I think that was the intention! Haha, otherwise a great promotional tool.

I like what I'm hearing from the "Judicial Noir" (go Kamijo!) and "Desert Apple" samples.

The drama was shockingly dumb, but I think that was the intention! Haha, otherwise a great promotional tool.

I like what I'm hearing from the "Judicial Noir" (go Kamijo!) and "Desert Apple" samples.

:hyper: Where can I hear the samples? *crosses fingers for Libido/Gekkakou 2.0*

Just heard them. Judicial Noir really gives that "court" - feeling I imagined it to have. This has to be played when I make my debut in court :lol:

Sign in to follow this