Sign in to follow this  
bakteeri

Versailles

I honestly didn't think it was that hard to follow.

Did she get younger and become older again after or did she get the mask when she was younger? That's what I don't really understand.

I think the mask is only used as some sort of nostalgia portal, causing her to go back to the day where she went to the masquerade and met Versailles for the first time. Then when she takes the mask off, she stops day dreaming and goes back to sleep on her rocking chair. The second girl is probably her granddaughter and picks up the flowers and returns to the ball to keep the cycle going.

I think the key thing to know about Versailles Pvs (not that they really make all that much sense to begin with) is that they are heavily focused on repetition and infinite cycles. For example, the roses that the blond girl got in the video didn't die decades later and were passed on to another generation (which I assumed was so she could continue the cycle). They've used this same idea in earlier songs as well: "The Love from a Dead Orchestra" has lyrics about how Kamijo cannot be killed; "The Revenant Choir" has lines like "Our clan's blood will not stop forever;" and the end of the Jubilee album is an instrumental that sounds like it could be the introduction to the first track to give listening to it a continuous feel. Granted this isn't their best example of plot continuity and non-japanese-viewer-friendlyness, I think they were going for the same idea.

I heard from someone who is trying to translate all of their songs into English and then piece them together so the whole story makes sense that "The Revenant Choir" is the start of the story and "Sympathia" is what would be the end if it weren't recursive.

That sounds right. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :) And I know who you are talking about and I hope that she finishes that project because it would be very interesting to read.

I think the mask is only used as some sort of nostalgia portal, causing her to go back to the day where she went to the masquerade and met Versailles for the first time. Then when she takes the mask off, she stops day dreaming and goes back to sleep on her rocking chair. The second girl is probably her granddaughter and picks up the flowers and returns to the ball to keep the cycle going.

I think the key thing to know about Versailles Pvs (not that they really make all that much sense to begin with) is that they are heavily focused on repetition and infinite cycles. For example, the roses that the blond girl got in the video didn't die decades later and were passed on to another generation (which I assumed was so she could continue the cycle). They've used this same idea in earlier songs as well: "The Love from a Dead Orchestra" has lyrics about how Kamijo cannot be killed; "The Revenant Choir" has lines like "Our clan's blood will not stop forever;" and the end of the Jubilee album is an instrumental that sounds like it could be the introduction to the first track to give listening to it a continuous feel. Granted this isn't their best example of plot continuity and non-japanese-viewer-friendlyness, I think they were going for the same idea.

I heard from someone who is trying to translate all of their songs into English and then piece them together so the whole story makes sense that "The Revenant Choir" is the start of the story and "Sympathia" is what would be the end if it weren't recursive.

I absolutely love the fact that they use repetition and cycles and all that stuff. For some reason it really makes me happy. The idea that Jubilee's art was a clock was fantastic to me. How when it's played in a loop you don't really know where the start and end is.

I don't know if anyone noticed but behind the discs of the limited version the clocks have a 13 instead of 1 and I thought that was the coolest thing when I got the cd.

I really, really want to like Versailles. There's quite a few songs that always float back into my head, but unfortunately they're older tunes. None of the newer stuff ( or rather, anything after Lyrical Sympathy) really grabs my attention and it's a shame. It all just melds into one big blob of solos and orchestral pieces. I keep hoping that after a few playthroughs something new will grow on me.

The new singles did nothing for me, but I don't want to give up on them just yet...

Love Versailles but still get a bit upset / annoyed about Jasmine You's death when I hear their newer stuff, which still sounds pretty good.

Other favourites are the one where Jasmine pours water out of a bottle in Yuki's mouth, Hizaki forgetting to point twice, and Kamijo pushing Teru to the floor lol

^You didn't like Jubilee :/
That one was a bit better for me, but I still don't have a whole load of favorites from it. I just know that nothing from Noble or the new singles has yet to grab my attention.

This might be fixed by a few more listens, though. Sometimes, if I keep trying things out, I'll find a hook.

AAAAAA.....

Faith and Decision is just awesome.... :domo:

I play the whole album again and again for these 4 days :rawk:

AAAAAA.....

QFT... :D

AAAAAA.....

I think, Faith and Decision are just became two separate song... but, overall I love the new album...

Masashi's bass sound making a whole band sound different...

Tried out Holy Grail...wasn't that impressed except for Dry Ice Scream (I have weird tastes, I know) , which actually sounded -different- The engrish in Love will be born again cracked me up too much for me to pay attention to it. Sorry, Kamijo, but excessive english from you is as bad as Juka's falsettos in VII-Sense...except in The Revenant Choir, that was tolerable. =)

I'll settle for Lyrical Sympathy and Jubilee for now.

I can't seem to get through it after 1 time. Maybe because I'm more into Alice Nine. now...or that I'm disappointed it's not as good as JUBILEE

Sign in to follow this