I REALLY want to see how those Nightwish assholes who call themselves men will have to apologize before EVERY damn show on the tour for not having Anette on stage as they had to in Denver.

She was in the hospital during the Denver concert, so at least they had a pretty good reason when they came out to tell us what had happened and asked the audience if we'd like them to go on with Alissa and Elize.

I'm pretty sure the open press statement has let everyone know Anette won't be able to perform.

There's a lot more going on under the surface than any of us know right now. I can tell Tuomas has learned from the debacle with Tarja not to air any of Nightwish's dirty laundry, so I wouldn't jump to calling them all assholes when we can only speculate on why she's leaving. I've got a few hunches, both of which can be summed up with what they said in their letter and all of them are pretty valid reasons as to why Olzon would/should leave.

The way both sides are acting also shows that it was on at least reasonable terms. That's why the press release was signed NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon, unlike Tarja's letter where they made it a point to exclude her.

I posted this on Reddit but I'll also mirror it here.

There are a few speculations that I could make as to why Anette decided to leave. I say "decided to leave" because if she were dismissed she wouldn't have signed that letter and mirrored it on her blog. This split seems much more amicable.

[*:hbrosirx]They might be getting Tarja-like diva flashbacks and they don't want to go down that road again. Of course, I'm referring to when she got angry that they had replacements fill in for her when she got ill. Most people would be thankful that someone would step in at the last minute and fill those shoes. Her reaction fell very short of that.
    [*:hbrosirx]She also mentioned having Nemo on the bus with them through tour "for a week". Toumas initially denied her the position because he felt she needed to be home with her child. Her second pregnancy and birth also delayed Imaginaerum by a few weeks. This probably brought up the clash between needing to be a vocalist for Nightwish and needing to be a mother and the band probably felt that her parental duties were more important. Either that, or that she really couldn't balance both effectively. It could be a mixture of both as well.
    [*:hbrosirx]Her medical condition. She's been down with the flu and has cysts in her liver. If it's so bad that the doctor recommended she fly home, I don't think anyone in their right mind would force her to continue if she didn't want to. Considering that she always seems to get sick on tour, maybe Tuomas felt they needed a more dependable vocalist? (this is my speculation here on this last part)
    [*:hbrosirx]All the fans complaining about Anette not being Tarja. While I don't think this is a major factor behind the split, being told for years that you aren't good enough at what you do wears you down. This might have been causing internal problems that we didn't see. The band may have felt that getting a new vocalist was key in stabilizing the fanbase. Not likely, but could be possible. The fact that they got a more Tarja-like substitute instead of an Anette substitute supports this claim though. If they really wanted another pop-like vocalist, they could have easily gotten one. It takes some muscle to pull in Floor Jensen. Everything also came together a bit too perfectly considering the circumstances. Floor magically has her entire schedule free as soon as Anette is let go? This has the look of it having been planned for a few weeks.

All in all, I'm not very surprised. Hope she gets better, although I never got the vibe that she would be sticking around for too long.

I know some really liked her and not that I hated her but still...:

One of the better news I've heard for awhile, hope they finally get really good vocalist.

actually I guess I don't.

at the moment I can't even remember where did read this but I seriously don't think I dreamed it.

I am not insane, am I?

anyways, I feel like I have to apologize in case I made you guys think wrong.

I'll seek for any sources saying that Floor Jansen isn't joining the band full time.

A Dutch radio DJ called Floor Jansen this morning (I can confirm this because I was listening to the radio myself) and he congratulated Floor on the position of new vocalist of Nightwish. I tuned in before the opening, but Floor didn't specify it was only to help the band out on tour. Not sure if she didn't think that was important enough to mention, or there might actually be negotiations going on about her joining permanently, who knows?

A Dutch radio DJ called Floor Jansen this morning (I can confirm this because I was listening to the radio myself) and he congratulated Floor on the position of new vocalist of Nightwish. I tuned in before the opening, but Floor didn't specify it was only to help the band out on tour. Not sure if she didn't think that was important enough to mention, or there might actually be negotiations going on about her joining permanently, who knows?

Apparently, according to some Dutch interview she gave on the radio (maybe it was this one?), she started to learn the songs last week. I CALLED THAT 'PRIOR PLANNING'! They wanted Anette out for a while it seems.

but of course. Denver wasn't even a reason for Anette to leave.

some issues were up for awhile at the time.

this includes health and Anette's family back in Sweden.

and of course Anette wasn't fired like Tarja was back in 2005.

it was a split for the good of both sides.

Is the main riff in "Storytime" the same as the one in the intro part of "Master Passion Greed?" I only like the latter until the vocals start, and I just listened to it now and realized that it sounded awfully familiar.

Just posted today on facebook

Ms. Floor Jansen is a keeper.

Also, we will be a six-piece band from now on, as Mr. Troy Donockley
(uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of
NIGHTWISH.

Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make
a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has
clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our
puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between
all of us. We love you guys.

Tuomas
Marco
Jukka
Emppu

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel!
This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it
is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a
dream…and this is it!!!"

Piper/whistleman, added vocalist Troy
Donockley: "`Imaginaerum World Tour´was a revelation to me and in that
time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a
transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful
process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is NIGHTWISH has
been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially
sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes
Ahoy! "

The new line-up can be seen on the live / tour documentary DVD »Showtime, Storytime«, released on November 29th.

Watch a brand new trailer, directed by Ville Lipiäinen here:

We didn't see it coming at all... or not.

looooool obvious new vocalist is obvious. Also pretty excited about having Troy as a permanent member, I really like his input in their material.

Still not sure if I'll buy the DVD though. I saw some live material but the Imaginaerum songs just fit better with Anette, sorry.

Yea exactly what I thought when I saw the setlist of the DVD, first it's kinda short, then the imaginaerum songs, I was like "no please, Anette is the best on them"

So I don't know either if I'll buy it, I think so, but I'm afraid to be disapointed, it's more because of curiosity If I buy it I think, as Floor is in it

ss1.jpg

11260.jpg

Music Inspired by the Life and Times of Scrooge - Written and Produced by Tuomas Holopainen

tuomasdonrosa.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nightwishs-tuomas-holopainen-life-and-times-of-scrooge-solo-album-track-listing-revealed/

I like the picture. Looks like a little boy who finally gets to meet his boyhood hero. Lovely.

I don't expect too much from this. I expect it to be a bit too sugar coated, sweet and boring for my taste, but I am interested as fuck. The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is pure gold, and something inspired by that is certainly very interesting. Can't wait, despite not having too high expectations to the whole thing.

Brilliant covers, obviously illustrated by Don Rosa, though they're a bit to smooth looking.