now here's the news.

a Finnish Radio Rock will play an entire album starting midnight on Nov. 30.

Helsinki time of course (UTC +2).

Zesshoku, just in case you can't resist, I can provide you with samples ;)

Wait a second...is this really Nightwish? The otherwise sad and dark Nightwish?

Those samples sounded so playful and upbeat (well most of them anyway) that make me feel like I'm a child again in my world of fantasy. Nightwish is trying something new, and judging from these short samples, I think they're gonna do it. The quality of the samples is actually pretty good imo and those vocals...Anette has never sounded better. Fourteen more days until Finnish release (on which day a leak will probably surface)

^Not surprised, it's effing awesome. I'm also definitely pre-ordering the shit out of this album, and I'm going for the limited edition. Last Ride Of The Day is gonna be the absolute favourite for me, I think

a very nice update to the thread. and IT'S ABSOLUTELY OFFICIAL.

the band's facebook page gave a link to a Birdie Song on a finnish Donald Duck appreciation website.

basically, the one to listen to the song has to do the following:

open this link: http://static.7am.fi/nightwish/

and fill in the password - Yövissy

successfully done, this will open a player with The Crow, The Owl And The Dove song featuring Troy Donockley on vocals which is also set to be the second single off Imaginaerum.

enjoy :)

I've listened to the album like couple of hours ago.

I'm exhausted. emotionally, physically - in any possible way.

that was a total eargasm.

having Tuomas Holopainen doing music in this world is such a beautiful thing.

and I absolutely love Anette.

all hail Nightwish. the new era begins here.

I pre-ordered the limited edition, and it should be arriving somewhere next week :D Did the album leak then, or did you hear it on a live stream?

this morning I made a big mistake by trying to drive properly while listening to Mermaids.

I actually cried. had to constantly wipe my face from tears falling.

for crying out loud, this is the best album for the years ahead.

again thank goodness Tuomas fired Da Snow Queen.

I loved this album. Everything was amazing about it and like Wicked Teletubby said, glad they fired the Snow Queen, Anette really wiped the floor with her on this record

This was an epic letdown.

They tried to make everything on this album too "epic" sounding... so that it actually becomes one big joke. Sure, there are some nice compositions scattered throughout the album, but generally it's boring and laughable. How can these orchestral bombastic compositions on nearly every song not get tiresome? It's TOO much, Tuomas, WAY TOO MUCH.

And the guitars? Did they even try? That stupid recycled bullshit sounds the same on every song... and every song of theirs since the album Once.

Also, Last of the Wilds can be heard quite clearly throughout the entire thing. I really liked that song on Dark Passion Play, but this is too much. They didn't even bother to change that melody... well, they did only a little bit. Not quite enough. I guess they thought "oh we got positive comments on that song, let's stretch it all over our new album, the mindless fans would probably fap all over it".

Huge disappointment. I can't believe this once was my favorite band. Oh well, I was 16 back then. That says enough.

I've been playing it non-stop today and after seven plays it still doesn't bore me. I keep finding new things and it keeps giving me new emotions. Epic album, most definitely my album of 2011. What I don't get is (once again) the enormous hate on this album and more specifically on Anette. She has really improved, besides, this is a new vocalist with another sound, which means other compositions.

haters_to_the_left_2.gif

Anette did a good job. Her vocals are one of the few good things about the album. :|

This new album is a big step down from the previous one. DPP wasn't a masterpiece by any means but at least it sounded refreshing and the songs were good as standalone tracks. Imaginaerum is like DPP as a musical/film score version mixed with some new orchestra "epic" ridiculousness that makes me laugh. And again they did nothing with the guitars which is why I wonder if they still call themselves a metalband... or rockband even? They're none of that.

Maybe they'll be decent again if they replace the guitarist with someone who is actually good. But that will only work if Tuomas gets knocked off of his lonely throne on which he writes this bombastic crap. Someone, smack some sense into them. They're trying to do things way above their capabilities.

new Nightwish is in my cd player now , so far Anette did a good job but I have still isues.

If you talk about skill they could indeed have a better guitarist, but Emppu is just amazing for the lulz.

Anyway, I did notice (like Des said) that I'm not playing the songs on themselves as much as I do to the DPP tracks. Maybe that's because Imaginaerum is best heard as a whole?

^ this will take a lot of time, dude. US release is on Jan. 10th. just hoping you don't get disappointed :)

can't help playing the album over and over. I love it, I love every god damn minute of it.