CAT5

SONG OF THE DAY! ^__^

Granrodeo - Silence

(cant find an original pv so heres a guitar cover)

I love this song cuz of the guitar work. the mid to late intro is very 'Norifumi Shima'ish' (Concerto Moon, Double Dealer - some would call him Japan's answer to Malmsteen) - its typically a Shima riff. Later on in the song the guitar work takes an almost Syu like 'image' but without the signature scooped mids in his guitar tone that Syu usually runs and Syu is amazing at neo-classical guitar but neo-classical is more Shima's domain.

just an awesome high energy track from start to finish

This video is almost 2 years old, and is still a fascination.
I'm not that much into black/extreme but Rotting Christ will always have a special place in my heart.

I've always had a soft spot for dark ambient; the type of music that makes me feel as though I'm walking through a cold, wet, neon-soaked street in some Gibson-esque dystopia. This track catches that type of atmosphere really well.

I love when bands transcend themselves with acoustic. it's so perfect.

I bought the reedition of their second album (including an EP 8 tracks) and lucky me, licensed by a french label! So no insane shipping cost to get it (they're from Tel Aviv x_x)!! and the price, ahaha 10€ for the whole! Released is set on 04/28, can't wait!

This is one song that I'll continue to cherish throughout the ages, and one of the few that I've always found to be spiritually grounding. I consider it a classic, and I feel like the lyrics, simple as they are, have a timeless poignancy to them.

This used to be a huge jam of mine back in the days when I didn't really delve into heavier rock and that kind of stuff (aside from my weeaboo pleasures w/ DEG and alike). A real shame that Squarepusher resorts to wack amalgamations of IDM and EDM for new ideas instead of letting his jazz/swing/other bass-centered influences go along with songwriting (as this tune showcases...the hell, buy/DL this album!)

Kinda popy and mainstreamish but I fucking love this song. I think the only 'power metal' element in this song is the keyboards when it goes all 'Jordan Rudess mode'

Not sure if i would say that this is the evolution of Galneryus