Ito

Game of Thrones

lolol it's strange but i actually liked this episode. though Arya's teleportation to Riverrun was kinda silly lel.

and yeah since a lot of things have been wrapped up, it's quite obvious that there are not enough material for two more full seasons. i'd be more happy if we'll get one last epic season without any unnecessary dragging. or two short seasons (according to rumors) would be alrite too. just please do not torture us with two full seasons. D&D used pretty much all of GRRM hidden aces and the remaining ones(Alleras/Sarella and "Jaqen" in Oldtown, Lady Stoneheart, Aegon Targaryen, etc...) doesn't seem that will ever be used. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

lolol it's strange but i actually liked this episode. though Arya's teleportation to Riverrun was kinda silly lel.

and yeah since a lot of things have been wrapped up, it's quite obvious that there are not enough material for two more full seasons. i'd be more happy if we'll get one last epic season without any unnecessary dragging. or two short seasons (according to rumors) would be alrite too. just please do not torture us with two full seasons. D&D used pretty much all of GRRM hidden aces and the remaining ones(Alleras/Sarella and "Jaqen" in Oldtown, Lady Stoneheart, Aegon Targaryen, etc...) doesn't seem that will ever be used. 

What about teleporting Varys? Made me go wtf at the end haah

Edited by Mind of the sun

I am very pleased with the finale.

Most stories come to a close and next season is gonna be so lit brcause of new chapters of each of them, plus, I think much more White Walkers. And maybe Euron.

4 hours ago, Mind of the sun said:

What about teleporting Varys? Made me go wtf at the end haah

i know right? some things are way too far-fetched in this show. but most of plebs doesn't seem to care so w/e ^^;;

so to sum things up - there are 6 forces left in the show:

- Jon with Sansa + north houses + wildlings + Littlefinger (but we all know that he's gonna betray them lol). 

- White Walkers with thousands of wights.

- Beric Dondarrion with Brotherhood and the Hound. Brienne somewhere near, so she might also join them. though she might also teleport herself to Sansa *shrugs*

- Cercei with Jaime + Qyburn with his "experiments" + Lannisters + remnants of Freys (?). 

- Euron Greyjoy with those ironborns who supported him. imo, they are most pathetic of all, considering Euron himself has been outwitted by his 2 dickless nephews. embarrassment of a character, he is.

- Daenerys with Tyrion + Unsullied + Dothrakis + Asha(or as they call her here, Yara, ugh) with Theon and some ironborns + Sand Snakes with Dorn's army + Olenna with possible remnants of Tyrell's army + 3 fucking Dragons that can be easily controlled! that's quite unfair Daenerys has so many allies, should be an easy fight for her.

and also there are still Bran with Meera who prolly join Jon in fight against wights soon and Arya who is ridiculously powerful now and able kill pretty much everyone she wants. also Oldtown can be quite a fearful ally, depending on whom they are going to join. mind you, maesters were the ones who exterminated the Dragons back in days.

episode 10 thoughts

Spoiler

- YES CERSEI YES!!! That whole beginning sequence was beautiful. The way it was filmed, the way the music slowly built up, and the shit that happened. Pycelle getting brutally murdered, Lancel's desperate struggle, Margaery realizing they were all fucked but not being able to run away, the High Sparrow FINALLY getting what he deserved (thank the Seven), that smirk on Cersei's face, Tommen unceremoniously stepping out the window (I lol'ed)..

- Jon Snow Targaryen, King in the North, blablabla. I don't care about Jon. I support the true Queen in the North. LYANNA MORMONT. Jon doesn't know wtf he's doing, he needs Lyanna as his badass hype-girl to make people respect/join him. If those idiots had any brains, they would make her the queen, with Jon as the captain of her army. Lyanna M has moved up to #3 favourite character status.

- I completely forgot about Arya while watching this episode, so I was actually surprised when she showed up to give Walder Frey his dessert.

- LOVED IT when Olenna told the Sand Snakes to STFU. 

- Reached for my phone during Dany's scenes, sorry.

- I suppose Melisandre is on the path to meeting Arya again, as she predicted so long ago.

- So Cersei's on the Iron Throne now. It is not for nothing that she is my #2 favourite character. Though I expect her reign to be short-lived. 

Nitpicky stuff:

- I see Varys being on the ship has been mentioned already. I noticed it right away and it kind of took me out of the moment. Anyway, yeah, the passage of time is wonky in this series, whatever.

- Not entirely sure why the kid didn't just cut Lancel's throat right away. Why give him even a tiny chance of stopping the wildfire from lighting up? It made for great tension, though. 

- I feel like they should have made it more obvious who Jon's parents are. I was reading reactions in another forum and a bunch of people are like "wait, who are Jon's parents?" Granted, it was a bit hard to hear what Lyanna was saying. (never mind that some people think that Dany is Jon's cousin or half-sister)

- Why is Cersei's hair still so short? Doesn't she want it to grow back long? Is this an attempt to make her more masculine? Is this an attempt to save money by not having to make new wigs of varying lengths? Cersei's glorious wig was my #1 favourite character. :( 

Edited by peffy

Wow, what a packed finale.

Aside from what's already been said, I'm really mixed about Arya now. At this point she's truly a psychopath. I have no issues with her killing Frey but it's the circumstances and her expression leading up to that. There's no doubt in my mind that she skinned an innocent maid to disguise herself by wearing that face. And after slitting the guy's throat, it's like she had an orgasm. I don't hate Arya but this scene definitely left me no longer rooting for her. I'm certain she'll die before the show's end.

Alrighty, back with some thoughts! I've been feeling iffy about this season on and off, but these last two episodes, and especially the finale just made everything worth it. Super satisfying!

Spoiler

First off, totally agreeing with @peffy! That entire first 20 minutes in King's landing was one of the most eloquently done sequences in the show so far! I IMMEDIATELY noticed the music and that it was quite peculiar for Game of Thrones. Outside of the opening theme, the background music in the series was never designed to stand out. Sure, there are some recognizable themes like the music used for Stannis, the starks, Dany, and the Rains of Castamere, etc - but even those were employed in a way that simply provides atmosphere, and doesn't overstep the narrative. The music used here, however, IS THE NARRATIVE. It's so ridiculously haunting, and was used in a more overtly theatrical/cinematic way compared to most of the music in the show. So huge shot out to the director/music director.

bless:

• So Qyburn's little birds are SAVAGES! Who knew! I am surprised Pycelle even made it this far tbh. Sayonara bishhhhhh
  • I KNEW the situation in King's Landing had been a powder keg, but I didn't know it was one LITERALLY! HOLY SHIT! That explosion left me feeling shocked, saddened and satisfied all in one. Good play, good play.
  • Margaery dropped her act REAL QUICK when her spidy senses started tingling LOOL. I am actually gonna miss her....But she was playing a dangerous game. And to steal a tumblr post:

margaery tyrell:  *tries to play the game of thrones*

the game of thrones:

tumblr_inline_o9es3ykfeV1tu4cr2_500.gif

• It's funny how Cersei used the faith to one-up the Tyrells at first, then Margaery used them to gain the upper hand on Cersei, but it wasn't enough. Margaery was cunning, but she was lacking Cersei's craziness!
  • Kevin Lannister, Mace Tyrell (this dude always looked like as much of a joke as he actually was lol), Sparrow & Co shant be missed. Deuces! 
  • Poor Tommen. That kid was far too pure, and I can understand how his innocent soul was crushed to the point of suicide. He lost his love, his faith, and his mother is a fucking psycho.
  • Speaking of Cersei, it seems like whenever she gains some ground, she loses something. Not only did she lose Tommen, but I feel like she's probably lost whatever sanity she had left. Even the producers said that her kids where what grounded her and made her somewhat human, but now that they're gone, what could she possibly want? With her on the throne, I feel like King's Landing is in for even darker times.
  • Jaime, I've really come to like Jaime so much. His sass to Walder Frey was hilarious - tbh, I expected Jaime to pull a reverse red wedding on the Freys. At one point, when he and Bronn were sitting at the table, I thought that they might even be in danger. But now thinking about how incompetent the Freys are, that was a stupid thing to think. Actually, for him to have pulled a reverse red-wedding was a dumb thought too - especially since Jaime does have a certain sense of honor when it comes to most people not named Cersei!
  • Seeing Jaime's face when Cersei became queen....I feel like he'll be earning the name "queenslayer" soon XD
  • Arya...Congrats, she got Walder Frey - but baking a Frey-filled pie?????...Agreeing with @Flame-X -  That's some pyschotic-ass shit! I'm half glad she got the Freys, but mostly just terrified. Like...she REALLY is no one now, because that's definitely NOT the Stark way. She's been through a lot, but you have to think how far her character has sunken, psychologically. Like, sure, she's getting her revenge, but she's turning into an absolute monster along the way. As much as I'd like her to go back to Winterfell, I doubt that will happen. She is too far gone. Can you imagine her safely reunited, feasting with her family and reminiscing about how she baked the Freys into a cake? Jon and Sansa would be freaked the fuck out - and they've been through hella shit! Simply put, I can't see her going back to living a normal life. If anything, she should let Jon and Sansa know that she is ok, but that she is someone else now...assuming she still has the sanity to be aware of her own depravity
  • I REALLY want to know who Sam is gonna give that sword to.
  • Mel is going to meet up with the brotherhood. That's the only place I can see her going.
  • I appreciate seeing so many strong and powerful females in the show, but did they REALLY have to kill off Doran Martell and his son to reach this current plot point? I've never read the books, but I've heard that Doran was secretly plotting revenge - why could he have not just teamed up with the sand snakes? I guess the sand snakes killing off Marcela is a complication (and she def. HAD to die), since his son was in love with her, BUT UGHHHH, I can't help but feel like they were wasted characters. And atm, the playing board feels a little too bare.
  • What I find funny is that, even being aware that the army of the dead is coming, Little Finger is still set on the throne. Does this mean he doesn't take Jon and this threat seriously, or do you guys think he believes the threat of the white walkers and is still  trying to figure out how to come out on top? I would not be surprised if he brokers another deal with Cersei. Assuming Cersei is still somewhat sane, who does she have to depend on now? It would be wild if Baelish and her wed lmaoooooooo.
  • I honestly expected Sansa to rule over Winterfell from this point. I think Jon is a good leader, though. When he sent Melisandre off, he really hearkened back to good ol Ned. Still this "King of the North" stuff bothers me...we all know what happened to Robb!
  • LMAO @ Varys flying everywhere. I was confused for a moment and thought there must be two different Varyses lmao, but all I can do is laugh. I'm not really bothered by all of the speedy travelling in the show, though -  this is still a TV show at the end of the day. Sure, even if the pacing is pretty abrupt compared to previous seasons, I do understand that it's just a condensed TV adaptation of a book, so naturally there are many more constraints. As brilliant, detailed, and fleshed out as I'm sure the source material is, at the end of the day, it's still good TV.

also, I love these guys!

Season 7 is going to be crazy!

Edited by CAT5

Spoiler

Does anyone else think Sam is in the perfect place to learn how to and be the one who makes "Lightbringer" out of Heartsbane? It would be sad and horrible but if we're following prophecy here it seems like it could happen.

I think the wildfire will also come to bite Cersei in the ass, because there's supposedly a lot more of it around King's Landing hidden in places. Her sept fire could set off a chain reaction...

At first I was thinking it was obviously Jon as "King in the North" but I guess we have more like 3 eligible bachelors for Dany when she comes over. I still think Jon would be the best one if she chooses or a union that helps against he army of the dead. Varys and Tyrion would never let Dany trust Petyr and I'm not sure how sane or well Jaime is going to be after he does what it seems like he has to do. Even if he isn't the one that kills Cersei, he's going to be a wreck once she's gone. I feel like Petyr will try to use Sansa to get Jon out of the picture. And if Sansa doesn't outright betray Jon, I wonder if Petyr would make it look like she did. He's stronger if they are fighting each other in any case so if he is going to try to reclaim his warden on the north title, he's gotta do something here. And I'd put my money on Jon not dying till the last season if he dies at all.

Response to doombox:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, doombox said:

Does anyone else think Sam is in the perfect place to learn how to and be the one who makes "Lightbringer" out of Heartsbane?

Don't know if it'll be that specific thing, but Sam HAS to be in that library for a reason. He'll discover something that will be used to defeat the Night King. Otherwise I don't know why they're wasting time on his story at all. ... hmm, if it is the sword, will he be forced to kill Gilly? Sacrifice the baby? That'd be entertaining..

2 hours ago, doombox said:

I still think Jon would be the best one if she chooses or a union that helps against he army of the dead.

Logical, perhaps, and I've seen other people speculate the same. But an aunt marrying her nephew seems weird. Even weirder than a brother/sister marriage. (Though, in this case, there isn't much age difference). But I don't know who else Dany could marry, there's a serious shortage of male royalty. How about an alliance with Lord of Light followers? Thoros of Myr! Yeaaaaah!

2 hours ago, doombox said:

Her sept fire could set off a chain reaction...

Hmm, it's a possibility, but it would be kind of anti-climactic. Season 7 opens with Jaime arguing with Cersei and then oops kaboom? Naah. Would be way more dramatic if she pisses herself at the sight of Dany's dragons and armies and decides to just blow everything up as soon as Dany reaches the Iron Throne. 

Response to CAT5:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I IMMEDIATELY noticed the music and that it was quite peculiar for Game of Thrones.

Yep, I normally don't pay much attention to the music because I'm so focused on the dialogue. But when it started with just the piano and built up slowly, I really took note and it added immensely to the scene.

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I KNEW the situation in King's Landing had been a powder keg, but I didn't know it was one LITERALLY!

I thought you were cleverly alluding to the wildfire back when you first called it a powder keg, that's why I responded with the wink wink nudge nudge. In another forum, people noted that Bran saw a wildfire explosion in one of his visions, and Tyrion mentioned recently (was it episode 9?) that there was wildfire under the city. It was pretty heavily telegraphed.

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Arya...Congrats, she got Walder Frey - but baking a Frey-filled pie????

I want to believe that she didn't actually cook the Freys into the pie, but she just said so to shock Walder. I feel like she just put that finger into a regular meat pie. I could be wrong, of course, and Arya really has become a total psychopath. I don't blame her for smiling while Walder died, but mincing up & baking human meat is like some Ramsay-level shit.

Also, this scene was foreshadowed back in season 3. (not my find, it was pointed out in another forum) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV5txCNDco0

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Speaking of Cersei, it seems like whenever she gains some ground, she loses something. Not only did she lose Tommen, but I feel like she's probably lost whatever sanity she had left. Even the producers said that her kids where what grounded her and made her somewhat human, but now that they're gone, what could she possibly want? With her on the throne, I feel like King's Landing is in for even darker times.

Yep, this is basically why I love her character so much. Totally conceited, driven by a lust for power but doesn't seem to have any purpose for it (aside from sadistic pleasure in defeating her enemies), loves her children but knows she's fated to see them die.. plus she's played by the perfect actress. I do think that her story has come to a climax with her coronation, and it would be fitting if she met her tragic end at the hands of Jaime.

Okay heres some mindless rambling. 

The last two episodes in my opinion made the whole season. Season 5 was slow AF but Season 6 started to pick it up a pace. Everything seemed to fall into place and the music in the last episode was absolutely stellar. I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop since the finale. I haven't been impressed with the music since Season 3. A lot of fans become devided after finales but I think we can all agree that Season 6 finale was fantastic. The acting was on point and it answered a lot of questions that left me feeling fulfilled until 7 comes. I just don't know what's going to hold me over until then!

Welp! 7th season will come a bit late, filming delayed, blame the weather!

"We don’t have an air date yet, but this year will likely be a bit later. We’re starting a bit later because, you know, the end of this season, winter is here, and that means sunny weather doesn’t serve our purposes anymore, so we pushed back everything down the line to get some grim, grey weather, even in the sunnier places that we shoot." - Benioff & Weiss

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/6/12109304/game-of-thrones-hbo-season-7-filming-delay-weather

http://thezodiacsociety.com/post/146568121938

For those that find Astrology stuff entertaining, here's a tumblr post in which some of the characters were assigned zodiac signs :P @doombox

@beni - I am laughing., but I think you'll be pleased with the pick for cancer  :X'D:

Edited by CAT5

Just now, doombox said:

*goes to cry in gemini corner* 

bahahahaha, these examples are hilarious! They're like the negative traits of each sign amplified like crazy! You know i'm a pisces and Melisandre takes "idealistic" and "detached from reality" to a new level LMAO!!!

1 hour ago, CAT5 said:

http://thezodiacsociety.com/post/146568121938

For those that find Astrology stuff entertaining, here's a tumblr post in which some of the characters were assigned zodiac signs :P @doombox

@beni - I am laughing., but I think you'll be pleased with the pick for cancer  :X'D:

cersei_bitch_i_m_fabulous.gif

Honestly though... I can't lie and say I'm not happy about that, lmao. I really like Cersei even if she's mental. She's like an extreme Cancer. They all are pretty much extreme versions, lol. (CAT YOU BEAT ME TO IT)

All I see in Arya is my little sister, who is a Leo, so I can never unsee that. Also, Tyrion as a Virgo even I was sure on before reading. 

Seriously!! I would have picked some differently (Anyone else feel like Brienne is the ultimate Taurus? Or even Stannis. Lol) But it was a fun read and I liked the extreme sides of everyone, that's what makes it GoT. Lol 

Varys is Aquarius, I like him on the show so I don't mind that at all., but  does that mean I need to find a Virgo to be my best friend? (Since that's Tyrion apperently).

varys.gif

Edited by Mind of the sun