Ito

Game of Thrones

lol @  bringing Rickon into the game who looks even older than Bran. most likely they brought him just to kill him at some point lol. also it really annoys me that in the series one season equal one year. winter will be forever coming there.

it's good to know that they will show us Oldtown arc. but judging by its pace that will probably be in the next season. 

nothing really interesting happened in this episode imo. so far it's the weakest episode of this season.

6 hours ago, doombox said:

This episode killed meeeeeee

Reveal hidden contents

Jon definitely is different. If death didn't change him the experience of dying did. He was stabbed in the front by men he called brothers, men he would have fought and died for. You can't be the same after that level of betrayal. That stare between him and Olly right before he cut the rope was intense. The camera was focused on Olly as the actor definitely nailed the I did what I thought was right, do what you must stare, but all I could think about while watching it is how Jon must feel hanging the man who killed Ygritte. I definitely think it made him hesitate before he cut the rope.

I need to know what the wildlings will do after this. They were loyal to Jon, not the Night's Watch. If he rides south, there's a large chance they'll go with him. Then who will defend The Wall against The Others? Winter is definitely coming before the end of the season, and I WILL GET MY BIG FUCKING BATTLE AT THE WALL so the NW losing even more power is disastrous for them in the long run.

I barely care about Daenerys at this point. She's so far removed from what's going on in Westeros that anything they do with her will seem like a plot device to get her to Westeros. I think they're going for a crone prophecy revelation here. The Dosh Khaleen in the books were revealed to have future sight. It is also stated that Vaes Dothrak is large enough to hold all the Dothraki khalasars at once, and it was built that way because one day there would be need for them all to come together. Cue Daenerys prophecy, dragons, ships, fuck Meereen and sail straight to Westeros. That needs to happen ASAP or else Daenerys is going to come back to a tattered kingdom with all the ruling houses dead and no one to conquer. Which would be it's own bit of irony but would make that whole adventure cruel and ultimately pointless. I actually want to see her fight to take her kingdom back. What happens to Tyrion and co. is none of her business...unless she flies back to get them first and then goes to Westeros. But that would be so out of the way....meh this is why I hate her story.

I am so glad there was no Dorne this week. The less Sand Snakes the better.

I expect some Kingsmoot next week as well and some Greyjoy goodness, but that entire story line in the books was far too long for the pay off. Sorry to the Greyjoy fans out there. If they can condense it into one to two episodes that would be stellar.

Tower of Joy means R+L=J is 100% confirmed. I have been waiting for this for so long. I've been a firm believer since high school when my English teacher explained the theory and it all made sense. The other person who knows Jon's true heritage is Howland Reed, who will survive everything and witness the battle. We'll definitely get to see things through Howland through Bran's perspective. It remains to be seen if the show will fix Bran or not, but the books has definitely stated Bloodraven can't fix him. I want to know what Bran will do after he leaves, because he will leave when all The Others are gathering at The Wall so he will have an easy escape route. I also need to know what happened to Hodor.

I've also been having thoughts about what happens if Bran were to warg into a wight.

And that Rickon reveal! I don't know if that's truly his direwolf's head or not - popular consensus is that it may not be - but it looks savage enough to be. I wonder what Umber's game is as well...I think he's loyal to the Starks but he is definitely playing a dangerous game here.

Damn this episode was good. A lot of setup but I get vibes of season 3 where things just went crazy halfway through and that it's going to happen again.

episode 3 thoughts

Spoiler

- i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY Olly is dead. Fucker killed my second-favourite character YGRITTE

- Tyrion's "conversation" with Missandei and Grey Worm was pretty funny. I'm surprised it got into the episode.

- As everyone thought, Jon's death was a way to get him out of the Night's Watch. Too predictable... ???

- I instantly became a fan of this Umber dude, until he started giving intel to Ramsay. Or did Ramsay already know about the wildling army? I don't give two shits about Rickon & Osha. RIP Shaggydog tho. Or fake Shaggydog.

- Very excited to learn more about Lyanna. Definitely sounded like she was having a baby. wink wink nudge nudge

- Wake me up when Dany's scene is over. I hope Jorah accidentally infects her and she dies.

- Ughhh hurry up and kill the High Sparrow.

- Let's kill Tommen too, he's boring. I'd rather watch Margaery.

Edited by peffy

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Hide contents

Jon definitely is different. If death didn't change him the experience of dying did. He was stabbed in the front by men he called brothers, men he would have fought and died for. You can't be the same after that level of betrayal. That stare between him and Olly right before he cut the rope was intense. The camera was focused on Olly as the actor definitely nailed the I did what I thought was right, do what you must stare, but all I could think about while watching it is how Jon must feel hanging the man who killed Ygritte. I definitely think it made him hesitate before he cut the rope.

I need to know what the wildlings will do after this. They were loyal to Jon, not the Night's Watch. If he rides south, there's a large chance they'll go with him. Then who will defend The Wall against The Others? Winter is definitely coming before the end of the season, and I WILL GET MY BIG FUCKING BATTLE AT THE WALL so the NW losing even more power is disastrous for them in the long run.

I barely care about Daenerys at this point. She's so far removed from what's going on in Westeros that anything they do with her will seem like a plot device to get her to Westeros. I think they're going for a crone prophecy revelation here. The Dosh Khaleen in the books were revealed to have future sight. It is also stated that Vaes Dothrak is large enough to hold all the Dothraki khalasars at once, and it was built that way because one day there would be need for them all to come together. Cue Daenerys prophecy, dragons, ships, fuck Meereen and sail straight to Westeros. That needs to happen ASAP or else Daenerys is going to come back to a tattered kingdom with all the ruling houses dead and no one to conquer. Which would be it's own bit of irony but would make that whole adventure cruel and ultimately pointless. I actually want to see her fight to take her kingdom back. What happens to Tyrion and co. is none of her business...unless she flies back to get them first and then goes to Westeros. But that would be so out of the way....meh this is why I hate her story.

I am so glad there was no Dorne this week. The less Sand Snakes the better.

I expect some Kingsmoot next week as well and some Greyjoy goodness, but that entire story line in the books was far too long for the pay off. Sorry to the Greyjoy fans out there. If they can condense it into one to two episodes that would be stellar.

Tower of Joy means R+L=J is 100% confirmed. I have been waiting for this for so long. I've been a firm believer since high school when my English teacher explained the theory and it all made sense. The other person who knows Jon's true heritage is Howland Reed, who will survive everything and witness the battle. We'll definitely get to see things through Howland through Bran's perspective. It remains to be seen if the show will fix Bran or not, but the books has definitely stated Bloodraven can't fix him. I want to know what Bran will do after he leaves, because he will leave when all The Others are gathering at The Wall so he will have an easy escape route. I also need to know what happened to Hodor.

I've also been having thoughts about what happens if Bran were to warg into a wight.

And that Rickon reveal! I don't know if that's truly his direwolf's head or not - popular consensus is that it may not be - but it looks savage enough to be. I wonder what Umber's game is as well...I think he's loyal to the Starks but he is definitely playing a dangerous game here.

Damn this episode was good. A lot of setup but I get vibes of season 3 where things just went crazy halfway through and that it's going to happen again.

Spoiler

Ugh good point, I forgot Olly had killed Ygritte too. This show has a way of making people cheer when it kills children because they are such pricks!! I do love the cast though, I'd say all but a handful are really good actors. 

Is it bad I kind of want Jon to go retake Winterfell so the White Walkers can demolish Castle black and scare the hell out of Westeros for a while? I feel like it needs to get really dire before they have Dany ride in on her dragons at the last minute. I need to see all the Lords and Ladies pee their pants before the big battle. xD

I'm excited for some Greyjoy goodness too. They can't have Uncle I-am-the-Storm come in and then not show the fallout. 

When you say "fix" Bran, do you mean his paralysis? And a wight or a white walker? I mean a wight would just be like necromancy, but I guess if they are of a hive mind he could learn something that way. Maybe understand their language?

It feels like the show writers decided to get the plots going now that they know they only got a couple of seasons left. I'm so happy some plots that seemed forgotten about are coming back into play though. It was beginning to become a joke. 

OR6jdZC.jpg

9 hours ago, doombox said:

Hide contents

Ugh good point, I forgot Olly had killed Ygritte too. This show has a way of making people cheer when it kills children because they are such pricks!! I do love the cast though, I'd say all but a handful are really good actors. 

Is it bad I kind of want Jon to go retake Winterfell so the White Walkers can demolish Castle black and scare the hell out of Westeros for a while? I feel like it needs to get really dire before they have Dany ride in on her dragons at the last minute. I need to see all the Lords and Ladies pee their pants before the big battle. xD

I'm excited for some Greyjoy goodness too. They can't have Uncle I-am-the-Storm come in and then not show the fallout. 

When you say "fix" Bran, do you mean his paralysis? And a wight or a white walker? I mean a wight would just be like necromancy, but I guess if they are of a hive mind he could learn something that way. Maybe understand their language?

It feels like the show writers decided to get the plots going now that they know they only got a couple of seasons left. I'm so happy some plots that seemed forgotten about are coming back into play though. It was beginning to become a joke. 

OR6jdZC.jpg

ACTUALLY, in the last book right before Jon gets stabbed he gets a letter from Ramsay. In that letter Ramsay announced that he had taken and sacked Winterfell and was provoking Jon into action, knowing about his vows to not get involved. Jon decides fuck that, I'm riding south. Some of the men agree, others disagree, and Thorne uses that moment to begin plotting. It's totally possible they'll revive parts of that story line and push it forward. I don't have any idea where else he would go truthfully...does this mean he will reunite with Rickon?????

And "fix" Bran = get him walking again. He asked that directly in the books and Bloodraven said no, but that he could give him something far greater. No idea what that is.

The Others do have a society and a language, but I know nothing else of it. We probably won't get to see anyone warg though :|

[/spoiler]

On 5/17/2016 at 9:23 PM, peffy said:

I'm shipping Tormund x Brienne now

i-will-go-down-with-this-shit-gif.gif

I love it. I hope we get some comic relief with these two. 

Spoiler

AHHHHHH JON AND SANSA REUNITING

cheering_minions.gif

AND GOING BACK TO TAKE FUCKING WINTERFELL

cheering_minions.gif

DANY KILLING THE KHALS AND GETTING HER DOTHRAKI HOARD

cheering_minions.gif

TORMUND AND BRIENNE 

cheering_minions.gif

I think this was my favorite episode of the entire show so far. Things are finally happening. EVERYTHING IS FINALLY HAPPENING. I'M SO EXCITED.

cheering_minions.gif

I'm seriously hoping Brienne x Tormund isn't a one episode thing. I love how she's getting such attention, it makes me go all fuzzy and warm. What a woman, what a ship.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate all the little comic relief moments of this episode too? Loving how they're incorporating it in with both those two and even with Cersei when she walked in to talk with her son/King and Pycelle takes his sweet ass time awkwardly leaving as he was told to, lol.

9 minutes ago, Mind of the sun said:

Didn't we get to see in season 1 that Pycelle is faking it? That he's not so fragile as he seems. Or am i remembering it wrong haha

Nah, you got that right. Even more hilarious seeing him as he is around the others. That panning was brilliant, it still makes me laugh remembering the scene.

16 minutes ago, beni said:

Nah, you got that right. Even more hilarious seeing him as he is around the others. That panning was brilliant, it still makes me laugh remembering the scene.

Ah, thank you. I wonder if we will ever see him do something similar again? Would be cool if he actually could fight

So hype for tonight it's unreal. I'm loving how brisk the pace is now. It doesn't feel like we're rushing to a conclusion but things are happening and that's fucking huge.

While I certainly didn't see Daenerys burning down Vaes Dothrak for herself, it's totally within her character to do that. Loving the parallels to S1 as well. Now that all the troublesome khals are gone she may be able to gather enough strength to sack all of the Slaver's Bay cities all the way back to Meereen, grab her dragons, and then make for Westeros. D&D make it happen.

In the meantime Tyrion seems to have gotten very comfortable bossing people around in Meereen. A little too comfortable. The tension between him and Missandei/GW is real. Let's see if it turns into anything serious. It sure seems like it.

Jorah are Daario are both fucked, but in two different ways (ayyyyyyyyyyyy ;) )

I've been waiting 3 years for that little shit Balon to finally die. If they condense it right, the Kingsmoot will be interesting. Asha should win but I'm certain she won't.

QUEEN OF THE NORTH! QUEEN OF THE NORTH! I've been hoping for a Sansa Stark rise for many years. I'm glad to see it finally coming about somewhat. Jon is more vengeful but also no longer willing to lead so will he support her in this one last quest? I'm also sure Ramsay will kill Rickon soon. He already bodied Osha with the knife he was using to cut his apple. No one stays alive around that guy for long.

Cersei finally seems to be gaining some sense. She's at least willing to cooperate with the Tyrell's to take down the High Sparrow, which is her biggest political blunder by far. Never arm a religious extremist who doesn't answer to you with unilateral leverage over a military force equal to yours to dispatch of an enemy you're too lazy/incapable to deal with yourself. Will Margaery have to walk the walk of shame or will family come to the rescue? This all depends on how much of a schemer she wants to be - but her track record for double crossing is abysmal. I'm waiting for the moment that's supposed to throw doubt into Jaime's mind about the legitimacy of his children (he still doesn't know why Cersei was locked up). Once he starts wondering if his kids are his or Lancel's or someone else, he will be much less willing to fight for her. This was supposed to happen already but there's still time for this little subplot to play out. His whole attitude irks me somewhat because it feels like he's slid back into S2 Jaime instead of the more respectful S4/S5 Jaime, but w/e.

1 hour ago, Candy Warhol said:

The new episode just got leaked on torrent, good going Nordic HBO :D

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/22/11735766/game-of-thrones-leak-hbo-nordic

thanks for the heads up! 

was looking forward to this episode because of Jack Bender and have to say i'm more or less satisfied with it. dat ending!

Spoiler

never cared much about neither Daenerys nor Sansa but at least their storylines are more bearable now. though both of them are still pretty annoying characters tbh. imo the show will only benefits if D&D will kill them lolol. all men must hope.

kingsmoot was kinda like a farce in comparison to the one in book. is that what you call Euron Greyjoy, the Crow's Eye? pfffft, makes me laugh! the real Euron gave me creeps when i read about him. okay, they made him look like a go-getter but that's about it. he never gave a shit about the Drowned God to begin with. and where the fuck is Victarion?  most likely they 'merged' him with Euron. meh

finally they got to show us last available Arya's(actually Mercy's) chapter. in the end of this chapter Arya was 'converted' back to herself so i wonder if this will be the end of her serving to Many-Faced God? i really hope they won't be dragging this chapter till the end of season, just because they don't know what to do with Arya.

Others and wights vs Bran's team. shiiiiiet! as always, that kind of stuff looks way better live. not sure what to think about the explanation of Others' origin. it either makes a lot of sense or destroys the whole picture.

Spoiler

So four things mainly. Jorah and Daenery's moment almost brought me to tears (most painful ship in existence, help me). It was delivered and scripted so brilliantly, I really feel for their relationship. And Jorah finally admitting and confessing was just the icing on the cake. I cannot cope with this *hunts down fanfiction to heal my aching heart* But it wasn't the most heartbreaking moment for me, as Bran's direwolf being killed off. I already had been teary eyed from the past wolf deaths, but this one caught me off guard completely and I never appreciate seeing or hearing any animal deaths. I should expect this now, but it's never something I want. Those pained whimpers made me sob, it was so quick and sudden. I would really do without them even being in it just for them all to be picked off one by one. No thank you. But am I the only one who got super freaked out by the "Hold the Door -> Hodor" revelation. That makes me go cold on the spot. Just the realization that that is what caused how he is; that that is what his life was destined to be, right from the first time he was introduced. This whole episode was the most emotional for me to be honest because of everything I've said above. Question though, now that all happened underneath with Bran, will we ever see what happened in the past with the tower? Or are they just stringing it along now? I didn't even realize until I ended up thinking over everything that put me on edge. Geezers.

I need to talk to someone now.

That entire scene with Bran has to be the most I've been invested in this show so far. The Children of the Forest made the White Walkers to fight Man (figured that one out a while ago) but once we saw how that set it over the edge. We learned Hodor's secret (so tragic I'm a little depressed even) and everyone died for Bran's dumb mistake even his wolf. This is the second time it's happened. Meera lugging Bran all the way back to the wall is IMPOSSIBLE so unless there's a Deus Ex Machina within the next ten minutes IDK what is going to happen.

Oh and if he gets back to The Wall watch the mark let The Others walk right through.

That exchange between Jorah and Daenerys was intense. Dany demands him to find a cure? Good luck the cure is chopping your arm off. And for the love of GOD go some where and do something of relevance now. Every time I see Emilia Clarke on screen I get agitated because that's 10 less minutes I spend looking at another part of this story. Easily my least favorite character arc so far which is terrible because they go through so many lengths to make you like her and I just don't. I'd much rather watch Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei handle business. Speaking of that Red Woman, she gripped what little was left of Vary's sack with that revelation. So Daenerys is Azor Ahai too? FFS.

That exchange between Sansa and Littlefinger....holy shit. I really felt bad for her in that exchange. I'm legitimately curious as to what Ramsey did to her, but I think alluding to it and us filling in the blanks is much more effective. She's also rejected Littlefinger the same way her mother did. That's the second time that happened as well. Will he snap?

3 hours ago, beni said:
  Hide contents

So four things mainly. Jorah and Daenery's moment almost brought me to tears (most painful ship in existence, help me). It was delivered and scripted so brilliantly, I really feel for their relationship. And Jorah finally admitting and confessing was just the icing on the cake. I cannot cope with this *hunts down fanfiction to heal my aching heart* But it wasn't the most heartbreaking moment for me, as Bran's direwolf being killed off. I already had been teary eyed from the past wolf deaths, but this one caught me off guard completely and I never appreciate seeing or hearing any animal deaths. I should expect this now, but it's never something I want. Those pained whimpers made me sob, it was so quick and sudden. I would really do without them even being in it just for them all to be picked off one by one. No thank you. But am I the only one who got super freaked out by the "Hold the Door -> Hodor" revelation. That makes me go cold on the spot. Just the realization that that is what caused how he is; that that is what his life was destined to be, right from the first time he was introduced. This whole episode was the most emotional for me to be honest because of everything I've said above. Question though, now that all happened underneath with Bran, will we ever see what happened in the past with the tower? Or are they just stringing it along now? I didn't even realize until I ended up thinking over everything that put me on edge. Geezers.

I was hoping we'd get the reveal that way too. If my tinfoil theories are correct I believe the High Sparrow is Howland Reed and thus knows the truth behind everything. That would be crazy if true.

sdfhsdlfhdjshjlhfsdjlhfsdlh  *ugly sobbing*

Spoiler

I don't know what to make of that scene with Sansa and Baelish. I feel like its gonna bite her in the ass down the line. Lying to Jon was probably not the way to go I was hoping she would come clean at least to him at some point. 

So now we're pitting Dany against Jon for the Prince who was promised? This should be interesting. I've also been ready for Jorah to finally make his farewell speech. But if they could find a cure for Shireen, then there's got to be some hope for Jorah so who knows.

After knowing Bran could warg into Hodor and then seeing Hodor could speak normally before, I had a clue Bran would be the cause of what happened but that reveal. OH. MY. GOD. My heart can't take this! Losing Hodor and Summer in the same episode. I'm also not entirely sure how far Meera is going to get. Unless Bran's got loads more power we still haven't seen yet and finds a way to defend them.

My head is spinning. I gotta go watch some more fan theories on youtube now lol.

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

thanks for the heads up! 

was looking forward to this episode because of Jack Bender and have to say i'm more or less satisfied with it. dat ending!

Reveal hidden contents

never cared much about neither Daenerys nor Sansa but at least their storylines are more bearable now. though both of them are still pretty annoying characters tbh. imo the show will only benefits if D&D will kill them lolol. all men must hope.

kingsmoot was kinda like a farce in comparison to the one in book. is that what you call Euron Greyjoy, the Crow's Eye? pfffft, makes me laugh! the real Euron gave me creeps when i read about him. okay, they made him look like a go-getter but that's about it. he never gave a shit about the Drowned God to begin with. and where the fuck is Victarion?  most likely they 'merged' him with Euron. meh

finally they got to show us last available Arya's(actually Mercy's) chapter. in the end of this chapter Arya was 'converted' back to herself so i wonder if this will be the end of her serving to Many-Faced God? i really hope they won't be dragging this chapter till the end of season, just because they don't know what to do with Arya.

Others and wights vs Bran's team. shiiiiiet! as always, that kind of stuff looks way better live. not sure what to think about the explanation of Others' origin. it either makes a lot of sense or destroys the whole picture.

Holy shit, I had forgotten he was going to direct this episode. Loved his work on Lost.

Seems he directed next episode as well!

episode 5 thoughts. I have so many questions.

Spoiler

- Jorah is a gross old man in love with a teenager (well, maybe she's early-20s in the show). I don't understand the shipping there. Hurry up and hack your own arm off, you simpering fool. (By the way, Shireen was proof that a 'cure' exists..)

- The forest ladies are the idiots who created the White Walkers? gg. Evidently the WW don't listen to them, why did they make them if they can't control them? Also, why didn't they have a giant stash of obsidian weapons? Did they even know about it? Why didn't they tell Meera to use the obisidan? She looked surprised when she shattered the WW. 

- Bran is an idiot who got everyone except Meera killed (RIP Summer..). Will be interesting to see how they escape. Disappointed we didn't see the Tower of Joy continuation.

- Why did he and the Raven go back to watching the past when they knew the WW were coming? Especially to a scene that seemed inconsequential (Brandon leaving Winterfell?). And why was it so hard/impossible to wake up Bran? Felt like a contrivance so we could get the Hodor origin story.

- I'm really bored by zombie hordes tho. Worst enemies/villains in any form of media.

- Good on Sansa for rejecting Littlefinger. Good scene, but was disappointed with his lack of answers for why he gave her to Ramsay. Knowing that Sansa never married Ramsay in the books, it kind of looked like the show's writers didn't have a good reason for Littlefinger's "mistake". Or he just didn't want to tell her that he needed a Bolton alliance, which in the end, didn't seem to do him much good??

- Lol @ Tormund & Brienne.

- Still waiting to see actual consequences for Jon's resurrection, aside from him being "brooding". Only using it as an excuse to get him away from the Wall seems... lacking.

- I liked the Greyjoy scenes. Theon regaining some backbone. Not sure how they managed to steal so many ships, or why so many soldiers would be willing to anger Euron by running away with Yara.

- So much unnecessary nudity in that play scene. Why was "Sansa" walking around topless backstage? Why did we need a close-up of that penis? Also, Arya's hairstyle looked terrible.

22 hours ago, Zeus said:

I'm waiting for the moment that's supposed to throw doubt into Jaime's mind about the legitimacy of his children (he still doesn't know why Cersei was locked up). Once he starts wondering if his kids are his or Lancel's or someone else, he will be much less willing to fight for her.

There's no way Lancel fathered any children with Cersei. He is much younger than her, as implied by the fact that he squired for Robert Baratheon (squires usually are young knights-in-training, plus, the actor is only 24 right now). He's probably only a few years older than Joffrey. I don't think there is supposed to be any doubt that Jaime fathered the kids. (but yes, it's possible Jaime wouldn't be sure)

31 minutes ago, peffy said:

episode 5 thoughts. I have so many questions.

Reveal hidden contents

There's no way Lancel fathered any children with Cersei. He is much younger than her, as implied by the fact that he squired for Robert Baratheon (squires usually are young knights-in-training, plus, the actor is only 24 right now). He's probably only a few years older than Joffrey. I don't think there is supposed to be any doubt that Jaime fathered the kids. (but yes, it's possible Jaime wouldn't be sure)

I should clarify that it would be a show-only twist. In the books I know it was more of a trust and love thing.

Wow, so they introduced time travel/manipulation into the show. I guess they kinda foreshadowed it in the previous eps in the Ned Stark sword fighting scene where Bran shouts out "dad!" and Ned turns around. I did feel bad for Hordar but after thinking about it, I found it kinda dumb from a writing standpoint because with time travel elements now in the game, that device can hack the plot however it wants and that detracts the emotional value of that scene. Now I have no idea where this show is going now. Every plausible fan theory is flushing down the drain.

I've been reading a lot of discussion about that time travel thing. I can't wrap my head around it to explain properly, but people are saying something like Bran can only do things in the past that have "already" happened.  He caused Hodor to go Hodor in the past because it was something he'd already done in this timeline. He doesn't have the ability to go back and un-Hodor him, because that would change the timeline we're watching into a different one. So he can't go back and undo any past event.

So if this is true, I don't think there will be any "manipulation" of the timeline. That said, I'm not a fan of this at all, but it's preferable to a storyline where Bran can go back and change whatever he wants.