Zephry0

ギルガメッシュ (Girugamesh)

period, and it's not even a contest.

period is probably the most innovative thing later-era girugamesh pulled out. technique-wise, its near perfect. there's like three songs there, it's an emotional ride you don't see so often. that ending, suddenly exploding in an anguish-filled instrumental is brilliant, you couldn't ask for a better last release.

Samidare is just a nice cover of a nice song, not even on my MUCC top 20.

2 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

period, and it's not even a contest.

period is probably the most innovative thing later-era girugamesh pulled out. technique-wise, its near perfect. there's like three songs there, it's an emotional ride you don't see so often. that ending, suddenly exploding in an anguish-filled instrumental is brilliant, you couldn't ask for a better last release.

I can't do anything but agree. Period is a great song and while it made me want more at the same time, I don't think they could have gone out with a better song.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mamo said:

New girugamesh (ギルガメッシュ) song Samidare (五月雨) (MUCC (ムック) cover) 

[2017.11.22] [V.A.] TRIBUTE OF MUCC - 縁 [en] - 

For anyone who isn't aware "Samidare" is a new song by the legendary and recently disbanded "girugamesh" under the moniker "左迅×弐×愁×Яyo". This song is a cover and the original is by another legendary vk band "MUCC". 

vs.

girugamesh (ギルガメッシュ) song period

[2016.07.10] -period-

This was "girugamesh's" very last song back in 2016 (well at least until this year lol)  and unfortunately they never preformed it live.  It still remains their last release under the name girugamesh (ギルガメッシュ).

Which one do you think is better?

Period, definitely. But it's so good to hear something from them again, even if it's not a new song of their own.

Seems like Satoshi is taking part in a live in February . He's going to be the vocalist of a band consisting of 4 people called Satoshi, properly named "Satoshis".

I liked that "I'm going to sing!" line. Please keep singing.

This is really awesome let's cross our fingers and hope this project becomes permanent.

For me, Girugamesh were not only one of the best Japanese bands out there, but one of the best bands in total. The only album of theirs I really don't get along with with is Go, which is far too poppy for my tastes. But thankfully they came back with the bloody excellent Monster and the two amazing EPs Gravitation and Chimera. I'm really glad I was able to see them twice before they called it quits. Seeing their encore performance of 'Kowarete iku sekai' is one of the great  memories of my gigging career. With both Girugamesh and D'espairsRay gone, the music world is a lesser place.

So, is this Satoshi-Band still active?  I really, really liked his voice in girugamesh and always found it a bit weird that he kinds just disappeared after their breakup. But then, I missed on so much the past years, I wouldn't even heared of it if he formed a band with Godzilla as drummer.

Holly mother,that made insulated world sound like a crying baby.

Not only waiting for Ryo to form his own band,but I've been waiting for Satoshi to come back as well,that guy simply faded into the void.

On 7/24/2007 at 5:39 PM, Zephry0 said:

Well, I thought they already had a thread, but I checked and didnt find one, so here it is, the Girugamesh thread. A truly great band. My favorite song is probably Gokusou. I also made a Naruto AMV with their Mouja no Koushin song.

Anyways, just downloaded their newest installment, Reason of Crying[min-album] from this site. Gawd, Im listening to it right now, it sounds so freakin awesome! XDD They keep releasing great songs one after the other. Satoshi is one of my favorite vocalists, his voice stands out and is really suited for VK.

Wow, they keep impressing me, I've listened to Real my Place, crime, smash!! and now Melody from Reason of Crying. I havent said this in a while, but Reason of Crying is a definite must-have for J-rock lovers XD. The tracks are all awesome. Well, discuss Giru, news, and releases here.

Btw, I got the Reason of Crying[mini-album] from their Discography thread in the Downloads Section.

I agree gokusou my favourite to next to March of the dead 

Its a shame they aged like milk