Sign in to follow this  
Furik

bye facebook, bye

I usually make my age at least 18 so I can avoid being banned from certain things on the internet.

So I need to wait a month, when I turn 18. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

I have to wait a year and 2 months. wtf.

So I need to wait a month, when I turn 18. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

I have to wait a year and 2 months. wtf.

I think that it will be public before that and then you don't have to be 18.

I think by the end of the summer/early fall, it'll be public.

They know it's a major hit now. Over 10 million users in less than 2 weeks.

Yeah, but how many of them actually use their account and didn't just sign up because it was a new fad and OMGINVITEONLY?

I don't use mine actively for mere practical reasons, because I think it's rather pointless to post a status to 10 people in my circles, when I can post it to 50+ people, including those 10, on FB. :|

And I don't want to annoy people by cross-posting.

Also, the moving gifs on the news stream are fucking annoying. Just now two people re-shared the same stupid gif right next to each other, and especially now with the stream not being overly active they just sat there, whenever I open the stream, attacking my eyes. I already adblocked it, just in case even more people decide to reshare it, just like I also adblock most annoying gifs here on the forum, but seriously.... They should allow gifs in the fullsize view but turn them off on the stream.

Much like the same way Facebook keeps breaking things that don't need to be fixed? Seriously, what the fuck is up with that rectangular monstrosity on the right hand side? Just... :Umno: THAT IS COMPLETELY UNNEEDED. Why don't you fix my privacy settings instead, or how about make it so that the news feed actually UPDATES.

tumblr_loip8v633z1qbywn0o1_400.jpg

the future is now.

Also, i found out that many of my friends have also been getting their FB account banned

cos they posted their G+ profile links on FB status. Very classy, Facebook. :Umno:

edit:

also, it seems G+ will integrate Blogger and Picasa.

And may have a name change into Google Blog and Google Photo.

edit 2:

if you have non iPhone nor Android smart phone,

worry not, you can still access your G+ from your mobile from this URL: m.google.com/app/plus

I feel like using it just because i despise facebook with all my heart, won't touch the damn thing anymore. Maybe in a week or so i shall try it out, then brainwash my girlfriend to convert as well, even if it sucks :P . Fuck Facebook, despite it spawning a nice movie.

G+ never gonna be win facbook , that is my option abaut it. I'm facebook user and I have google+ acount but I Like facbook

For the most part G+ is dead because absolutely no one knows it exists.

Let's say that it's in the "fetus state"

Proud to be a non-facebooker tho, what a boring trend.

For the most part G+ is dead because absolutely no one knows it exists.

Let's say that it's in the "fetus state"

Proud to be a non-facebooker tho, what a boring trend.

Truth.

Zess, I feel that a lot of people know about G+ by now. I mean, it's been the talk of the town on popular news sources for weeks now.

It's small and kind of limited right now and Google really hasn't been updating it much since it's just in testing stages but I think it'll grow to be bigger.

As for it being a Facebook killer, only time will tell. They failed with Orkut and Buzz but people feel G+ will be a big thing.

From my 15 or so contacts on G+, there are only two that post somewhat reagular, and one or two more that post occasionally. The first page of my news Stream goes back over a week. And unlike FB, I also can't cofigure it to send me notifications to my Hotmail account, which would give me instant popups from my Messenger when something happens there. But, no, of course Google, being Google, wants me to use Googlemail, which I never used in the first place. Hence I always forget about G+ and only go there like every three to four days, if at all.

I just don't see how it's different enough from FB to keep people excited in the long run once the fad has worn off.

yeah, i came in occasionally for now.

i mean, i didn't even regularly on fb anymore.

Only still keeping up with twitter and tumblr.

But i guess when more people join, it will be a whole lot fun that it is now?

p.s: i honestly never try orkut, is it fun? :P

Zess, I feel that a lot of people know about G+ by now. I mean, it's been the talk of the town on popular news sources for weeks now.

The way I see it the people that know about it/heard of it are the people that are somewhat into tech stuff and Internet fads. You know, people our age that know the difference between a search engine and an address bar. If G+ wants the critical mass that it needs to take Facebook's spot, they need to reach out to those that aren't as tech-savvy, the middle-aged group and the older demographic. There are plenty of people on Facebook that I know that still haven't heard of G+/are asking what it is. If G+ is gaining ground it's doing it real slow.

And yeah, I hardly sign onto mine as well. Sometimes I forget I have it.

Lol, I didn't know that many people actually use this. My gf tried this and she said it's unbelievably shitty. Not that facebook is any better though. I also heard somewhere, that it keeps track on every little thing you do with it and you can't erase it. That true or just another google-conspiracy?

The only way I'd ever join is if all of my friends do it first. Never really cared about social networks.

I can already see how this goes; now everyone is gonna join this and be like "oh man, this is so cooool and different" like everyone did when facebook got popular. Then after a year or two, everyone gets tired of it cause it's "oh so yesterday and everyone uses it, I'm not a speshul snowflake anymore", and a new one appears. And the same story all over again. Happened with MySpace and several others, and it will happen again.

Sign in to follow this