Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

Your weeaboo moments.

So I'm going to embarrass myself here but I decided to read through my first Live Journal out of boredom last night (I was drinking) and came across some really embarrassing entries.

May. 19th, 2005

Today was a lot of fun! I dressed up as Tatsurou from MUCC. I was wearing an outfit like the one he wore in the Ware Arubeki Basho PV. I even had my makeup like his :D I was also running around with my (brother’s) bass guitar, and pretended I knew what I was doing. We just got this bass last week and I haven’t really dinked around with it, so…yes the purpose of me having the bass guitar was to look badass.

Thank god camera phones weren't so wide spread and Myspace was just barely kicking off, so none of this shit was immortalized in photos. However I can ensure I looked fucking awful, if you're not sure what I'm talking about just watch the PV. I was dressed like that and it was bad bad bad, for example the make up!? I didn't learn how to wear make up properly until later in college, so I probably just smeared black shit all over my face. Hair? It was probably nappy and frizzy since I didn't know how to take care of my hair either when I was in high school. I forgot I even did this!! I must of repressed it!!! I can say that this was for a special event and I didn't dress like this on a everyday basis, if I did I would of gotten beaten up hahaha.

May. 22nd, 2005

Still he kept bitching at me, then Mac came over saying don't play any of my music because the people that play it are dressed as girls. Well....hhmmm...lets see it's music and you can't see the people and just because they wear costumes that make them look like girls doesn't mean their music sucks. Mac needs to quit being so stupid and maybe listen to some of it and maybe learn a little more about the genre. Not all bands dress and look like women and not all of the music I listen to is just Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer.

Ahahahah high school angst. :Umno:

Okay, so I'm sure some of you guys have some lulzy moments! Please share them so I can feel better about myself.

I can't think of one right now but when I remember I'll edit my post :lol:

Now I remember! It was when I still was an An Cafe fan *they were like the only Japanese band I knew back then* and I loved one of their songs so much I always imitated the dance horribly :lol:

Oh god, I probably have some, though I often frequently prided myself on being one of the "milder" weaboos if one at all. I don't have a lot of internet archived moments, since I probably deleted them a long time ago. Anyway, it shouldn't be hard for me to make you feel better about yourself. . .

My idea of a critical review on LJ circa 2008:

"Also, I'm really happy because one of my favorite bands, Versailles came out with their first full-length album called "Noble." I fell in love, it rocks so hard. I don't know which song I loved the most!"

I've done tons of weeaboo-ish stuff IRL. All this stuff took place in middle school and freshman year of high school mostly.

- Put anime characters/lulzy visual kei J-Rockers on my school binders

- Carried around lulzy pictures of visual kei bands printed off the internet at school and showed them to uninterested people

- Bought a GACKT T-shirt on Ebay for $50 even though it was too small for me and proceeded to wear it once weekly throughout freshman year.

- Carried around and showed uninterested people an issue of Purple Sky at school

- In seventh grade, I wrote a (bad) poem about Shigure Sohma (from Fruits Basket) for Literature class and know one knew wtf I was talking about

- Made stupid nicknames for J-Rockers that I used when talking about them with my friends (and I don't mean names like "Kyo-chan" or something like that, but WEIRD names).

- Taken my lap top to school (to present a project) with Versailles in the desktop background to "show off" my taste

And I think I went through a six month phase of wanting to dress "gawfic" and "veekay" - which really translates to wearing Hot Topic crap. Luckily this all took place before I owned a camera.

And the list goes on, but that should be sufficient. . .

And I think I went through a six month phase of wanting to dress "gawfic" and "veekay" - which really translates to wearing Hot Topic crap. Luckily this all took place before I owned a camera.

Ah, I went through a six month phase of trying to dress vee-kay, but I was trying to emulate the Kera models more as I had enough common sense to know that trying to dress like this would only result in epic failure. I had already dressed a bit punk-ish already but tried to incorporate the Japanese style into my fashion more. Then I stopped giving a shit about fashion in general.

226374_163686903691546_100001507124123_395929_359005_n.jpg

This pic is from 2004.

It's 1:17 am. I'm sitting in a public train with a rather curious hairstyle, a headdress and a tiny apron, not to mention a lollypop, and I look totally strung out.

And I'm not going to answer any further questions about it.

^ mana-sama????

I followed a person around london for an hour in 2006 who I though was Hyde and it turned out to be an elderly chinese woman

I followed a person around london for an hour in 2006 who I though was Hyde and it turned out to be an elderly chinese woman

That was good

this..., making me laugh xD

cos lol this makes me randomly searching through on my photobucket,

and holy camole what did i find?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my first attempt was quite successful elaborate though, i guess:

but then...

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

all were inspired by 2 bands that i into the most, at that time:

Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer and Gaara from Naruto (all fail lol)

need i say moar? :lol:

i am so very weaboo when i was younger is not even funnay :gaga:

not that i ever change though, i just toned myself down *classy.gif*

HOPE I DON'T DISSAPOINT

Ah, I went through a six month phase of trying to dress vee-kay, but I was trying to emulate the Kera models more as I had enough common sense to know that trying to dress like this would only result in epic failure. I had already dressed a bit punk-ish already but tried to incorporate the Japanese style into my fashion more. Then I stopped giving a shit about fashion in general.

I don't think I even ever emulated anything, lol. I just bought a bunch of tacky black studded stuff to wear all over my body and saw that as trying to be "hardcore visual" and such :lol: . I guess one day I had a revelation that 1) I look retarded and 2) it just wasn't me, I was simply forcing myself to be something I wasn't and stopped dressing like that ever since.

I don't think I even ever emulated anything, lol. I just bought a bunch of tacky black studded stuff to wear all over my body and saw that as trying to be "hardcore visual" and such :lol: . I guess one day I had a revelation that 1) I look retarded and 2) it just wasn't me, I was simply forcing myself to be something I wasn't and stopped dressing like that ever since.

My biggest fault is that even though I am part Japanese, I honestly don't think I inherited the Japanese hair. I mean, it has some qualities you find in Japanese hair (super thick and straight) but it won't style for shit. There is a few fail attempts at me trying to Vee-kay it and it just end up being a greasy nappy mess. :( Unfortunately I can confirm that I did go out in public on a few occasions with my hair being a total grease ball.

I looked through my old photobucket and I can't find any incriminating photos :( Photos would make this so much more fun!

^ mana-sama????

Classic :lol:

I haven't been a fan long enough for this kind of stuff but I think the first few months of my fandom I had the exact same thing as Cibicco, especially with 'showing off my style'. Luckily I'm out of that phase :lol:

I haven't been a fan long enough for this kind of stuff but I think the first few months of my fandom I had the exact same thing as Cibicco, especially with 'showing off my style'. Luckily I'm out of that phase :lol:

Exactly this

Really, I would say I haven't had any weeaboo moments at all. I've just been... normal by my outlook. Of course, I've always been too shy to tell everyone about things I love by the way I dress or talk in general. So I've been always the one, who admires others and be quiet.

Believe it or not, this was the time when I thought that jrawk is so h0t and kawaii.

Huh, but I wouldn't be suprised if someone says that I'm having my weeaboo moments right now. :D

226374_163686903691546_100001507124123_395929_359005_n.jpg

This pic is from 2004.

It's 1:17 am. I'm sitting in a public train with a rather curious hairstyle, a headdress and a tiny apron, not to mention a lollypop, and I look totally strung out.

And I'm not going to answer any further questions about it.

flatline.jpg

If I could pull up some of my old posts from long-gone tokyo-nights forum, I could provide quite a few "weeaboo moments"...^^;;

As for now, my last.fm is a weeaboo moment lol ;]

omg hahahaa, you guys were freaks! >:o

I'm with allisapp on this, i was actually never weaboo. :o

The most weaboo i migthve been was having long hair.

Weeaboo

I guess I was about fifteen years old, and one of my friends thought that it would be a good idea to straighten my hair - so they did it. Never again, it's just not for me.

Weeaboo #2

Errrrm...I look like a spaniel on this I guess. Dx

I can't remember doing anything weeaboo... Listening to too many indies bands for the sake of having a larger collection of unknown Japanese bands yeeears ago is about as far as I go.

I've never cosplayed because I think it's odd, never bought Japanese brand clothes or worn lolita or shouted SUGOIIIIII unless mocking someone. I used ^_^ faces once upon a time and watched Bleach, but I don't know if that is considered ~weeaboo~. I guess I had sensible people getting me into this stuff.

As a funny sidenote, the "head piece" I'm wearing on the photo is actually the seam of a torn bedsheet and a leftover from a costume my friend was making.

So, if anyone ever wants to have a nice maid head piece, don't bother throwing away thousands of Yen at Moi Meme Moitie, just tear away the seam of your bed sheet and sew the ends together. Done!

I even was complimented on the head piece by a gothloli girl that looked like she spent a fortune on her own outfit.

My biggest fault is that even though I am part Japanese, I honestly don't think I inherited the Japanese hair. I mean, it has some qualities you find in Japanese hair (super thick and straight) but it won't style for shit. There is a few fail attempts at me trying to Vee-kay it and it just end up being a greasy nappy mess. :( Unfortunately I can confirm that I did go out in public on a few occasions with my hair being a total grease ball.

your hair looks awesome from what I've seen.

plain asian hair doesn't look omgwow either, it's the Japanese haircare being lightyears more advanced than western.

I generally use professional grade European stuff, but if I have extra money (or need some deep repair), I always spend it in Japanese cosmetic corners. :<

Their hairsprays are much better too - no sticky hair, no mess, but for a significantly higher price, compared to other stuff.

Funny, cos i did the opposite for my hair care xD

I still trust my hair to hairdresser from Toni & Guy.

And L'Oreal for hair cosmetics, Pantene for shampoo and conditioner.

They did wonders!

But i agree Asian hair is not necessarily omgwow,

Many Japanese, as is another Asian nationality still feels the need of hair iron, too.

Some Asians are also blessed wavy hair, so it is not always straight.

As evidenced with rebonding that are famous hair care from Japan.

I am too 1/2 Asian, and inherit straight hair from both of my parents.

Lucky enough my Dad having straight hair despite being a Caucasian lol

I study Japanese, lol.

But thankfully, I had a friend who'd already been trough her weeaboo phase when I got into visual kei and she violently knocked it all out of me :') I'm really really thankful for that. Plus I had my gothic phase when I was 13.

I won't deny I can act like quite the fangirl though~

Oh god. I love how brave this thread is.

Let me find something...

September 14, 2006

A group of us got together in the center in the lawn and just sang our fucking hearts out. It wasn't the best performance though. In fact, didn't leave much of an impression. Yes, I like Dir en grey but this performance was BAD. But I can't blame them. They are probably SO wore out from this tour, bless their hearts. And they're still trying their hardest. And the setlist wasn't the best either. We didn't get a Child Prey or The IIID Empire ;/ But they did play a new song (which I believe is their upcoming single, actually). It's a really good song. Their setlist seemed shorter than other bands, actually but I guess I was just getting into it too much. I dunno.

Toshiya was swinging around all energetic like. Kyo's screaming was pretty well-worth it too.

Their set-list was:

Not sure if in correct order, but it's as accurate as I can think.

The weird intro (the newer one, not G.D.S. :{ )

Merciless Cult

Saku

The Final

Clever Sleazoid

Ryoujoku no ame

Dead Tree

The new single

Dead Tree

My GreatestJournal was deleted (which I used more than my LiveJournal so not as many weeaboo posts).

can we name and shame members here who're clearly still going through their weeaboo phase bcuz there's more than a couple

Sign in to follow this