Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Versailles new album "Holy Grail" release

In all honesty... that was VERY (and I hate to use this word but...) GENERIC.

I don't mind if they keep playing the same style of music over and over but at least change the songs. This one recycles a lot of melodies, especially the vocals, from earlier songs.

I liked it. It's also nice to see Versailles actually DOING SOMETHING in their music videos instead of just playing their instruments and posing.

What pk said.

There's not a lot of things you can do in the "Symphonic Metal/Power Metal" genre, or w.e you guys want to onsider them. It reminds me of something off of "Jubilee"

The softer "Lareine-y" sound is not an issue for me!

I would love for some super lareine sounding songs. I have no way to watch the video right now, but I hope it is very "Lareine-y." I have a feeling that Flowery will sound like Lareine even though Teru composed it.

I liked it. It's also nice to see Versailles actually DOING SOMETHING in their music videos instead of just playing their instruments and posing.

What pk said.

There's not a lot of things you can do in the "Symphonic Metal/Power Metal" genre, or w.e you guys want to onsider them. It reminds me of something off of "Jubilee"

I agree completely with these two comments and have nothing else constructive to add to the discussion.

the Masquerade preview was so pretty!

plus The Dance Ball, nice nice nice.

Well, for once some easy listening song. :)

0iS2X5KlmgI

Preview of the new song and PV.

The PV looks kind of low budget like it's from an indie band. Aren't these guys major? (Sarcasm)

Let me start by saying this: I like the song. Second thing I'd like to say. A few days ago I was reading Kuroshitsuji Vol. 2. WHY ON EARTH does this whole preview remind me of that. The whole dance, the little girl, Kamijo looking and acting like the Viscount of Druitt etc. Not that I mind, since I love that series. I have to get used to this song but I think I'll love it.

P.S (the part of me that is still slightly fangirlish when seeing Kamijo): :DUUR::DUUR::DUUR: Kamijo

...sounds like Lareine once again, but there's a contradiction between Kamijo's current nasal voice and Lareine vibes.

I have got used to Lareine instrumentals with Kamijo's early smooth and "feminine" voice...

Whatsoever, I think I heard a part from "Princess" in that song

There's a full instrumental version on youtube of Masquerade that is like... Fucking stunning. This sample, if it's unimpressing you, is a poor representation. The full instrumental is absolute perfection.

but peeps, look at them, closely.

They are romantic band,

you don't actually wish they would constantly do

something like Dragon Force would, right?

Or do you? :mrgreen:

As I remember it's fake... None of the parts from preview in this instrumental song...

but peeps, look at them, closely.

They are romantic band,

you don't actually wish they would constantly do

something like Dragon Force would, right?

Or do you? :mrgreen:

I do :headbang:

But I've enjoyed most of what they have released so far so I'm not going to complain.

Maybe this is just like DEG's Hageshisa and they'll go all br00tal after the sample ends :lol:

Kamijo grunting...ugh..NO. But that's what I said to myself about Asagi. And he does it. Horribly. At the end of the samples you do hear some heavier guitars so I suppose that's where they speed it up. Just gonna hope Warner will post the full PV before the release just like they did with Philia.

EDIT: Full PV. Top post. I think the full PV is way better than the preview. Kamijo still reminds me of a yellow haired pedophile here though...Masashi's bass tapping solo is fucking awesome.

Versailles should just stop releasing previews of their PVs, as they only serve to cause controversy! (Their choruses tend to be the weakest parts of the song)

Imo, that was one of their most creative/dynamic songs in a while! I've only listened to it twice, but I'm hooked. I'll be looping this sucker for days. I was already looking forward to the album simply because it's Versailles, but now I'm utterly stoked!!!! The PV was a tad goofy (mainly the fast-motion parts), but the song was incredible. I love how long the intro was. I love how many solos there are. Gah, must listen again.

This is not "another" Versailles song for those who might have been skeptical of the new release, it's very dynamic and powerful. Excellent intro, and the chorus does seem to be the weakest part of the song, but it does fit quite nicely into the song overall as a nice change-up.

Sign in to follow this