Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Versailles new album "Holy Grail" release

lol irl at DRY ICE SCREAM!! (Remove Silence). The samples are pretty awful for the most part - love will be born again especially, those cheap synth strings and engrish - sounds like a mess of an album.

The album sounds like it's going to be spectacular. Gotta admit my expectations were low after the last two singles and the fact that they're barely doing promo for this album, but I am in love with the previews. I cannot wait for my copy to come!!

Some pretty interesting stuff there.Remember Forever reminds me of the X Japan ballads and Flowery reminds me of old vk stuff.Love will be born again sounds good...and pretty different from their usual stuff

EDIT: Ok the intro for The Theme of Holy Grail also sounds like some stuff by X Japan.That's good actually

A lot of those teasers sound interesting, actually. I can see "Threshold," "Thanatos," and "Vampire" being stand out tracks. Some great ballads may be on this one too - "Love will be born again" sample is beautiful.

I'm agreeing with the synth string part by Herpes. This is their second major album. Even if it was just a small 6 or 7 man orchestra, couldn't they rent some people out to record the string and choir section? :\

Like most of the samples, except for Love will be born again. I forgot what it sounded like the minute I finished listening to it. Not as pumped as I was for Jubilee, but I'm awaiting this one anyway.

Impressions I got from the samples (even though it were only the first 45 seconds)

MASQUERADE -Heard the full version already and it was awesome

Philia - Heard it already, and it was awesome

Thanatos - Sounds pretty unique and cool

Flowery - Sounds like something that could've been on Jubilee, typical Versailles, yet nice

Remember Forever - Kinda boring, they've done better ballads

DESTINY -The Lovers- - Heard it already, thought it was ok (lol we also get an orchestra in this one?)

DRY ICE SCREAM!! [Remove Silence] - Kudos for thinking up that title. Intro sounded awesome though, can't say more about it since the whole sample was the intro :/

Threshold - Intro sounds cool, can't say anything else about it

Judicial Noir - Heard it, still think it's bloody awesome

Love will be born again -Nice accoustics and LULZ @ Kamijo's Engrish. I can still make out what he is singing though, and I can't say that from most Japanese vocalists I listen too

Vampire - This is going to be epic!

Faith & Decision - Has a rather cool, royal intro but I think I'll be kinda disappointed by this

The Theme of Holy Grail - Seeing as this thing is going to be over 10 minutes I can't judge it by an orchestra intro of 45 seconds

I have hope for this. Love will be born again might be a nice ballad, but I'll have some nice laughs with it as well :lol:

Actualy I'm pretty sure Faith & Decision is going to be the one that's 17 minutes long and The Theme of Holy Grail is only going to be like a two minute outro in the vein of Sound in Gate and/or Episode.

their songs "MASQUERADE" & "Vampire" will be theme songs of "BROTHERS" & "CHASERS" (sub-stories of movie "VAMPIRE STORIES~BROTHERS / CHASERS~") respectively

Trying to be pretty or something. That's my guess.

What a boring PV is this gonna be. The song isn't very promising either. Hope the album as a whole will be better.

I didn't expect much from a song that was to be used as a theme for a movie, but I too am slightly disappointed by this. Let's just hope it's another case of "bad preview syndrome".

Sign in to follow this