Sign in to follow this  
Miasma

the GazettE new single "VORTEX"

Lol @ the vocoder.

It sounds like it's missing something, but it's not bad. Solo had a neat idea, but it sucked. Maybe it'll be better in proper quality.

The feeling is kinda like in BID, except this isn't so terrible.

Maybe. It's more or less impossible to judge a song before you've heard a good rip, that for sure. But still, the first impression of the song is really bad as expected, but not as I hoped. I was hoping for a huge surprise.

Barf.

But thanks for reminding I posted in this thread.

That's why making music should be left to those who don't find it so hard. It's not an equal opportunity profession, you're supposed to have talent. If you don't then you should stick to playing at people's weddings and birthday parties.

No. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Making music is all about challenging yourself. Once you stop doing that, you've become too lazy. Once it starts to be too "easy" for you, it means you've just lost your creativity. It's far from being good.

People who don't find music "hard" end up composing songs for come-and-go-popstars, because everyone who actually cares and knows about music, does not want their songs.

Gazette aren't creative, that's pretty obvious. It's also pretty obvious that they do pay attention to their music and don't just throw out what ever the crap comes in to their minds first. Everyone who understands music can realise this. Whether they think this band is shit or not.

The fact is that nowadays you have to create a whole new genre to actually do something new. Gazette's style can't be reinvented. They would have to tear down their whole concept before they can even start creating something new. And that is something this band will never do. Like most bands in the world. Get over it.

Yes, challenging yourself is always needed, but for all your hard work to matter to the listener, you first have to have the basics down. If all your effort is being wasted on putting together a simple song, then you will never go beyond that. You will be stuck in mediocrity. And this band is not even mediocre unless you include all the crappy pop rock out there.

You don't have to invent new genres to make good music, though it's always a good thing to not stick to one sound defined by various artists before you. But you can make good music within any genre, if you just know what you are doing. Though in the case of creative people not knowing can lead to amazingness. You can always hear if a band knows or not, and whether you like them personally makes little difference. The Gazette barely has a clue. Tear down their concept? They have NO concept. Making basic rock with pointless bits of shredding and sticking some computer effects on top to make it sound not entirely stuck in the 90's is no concept. Now if you don't mind wasting your time listening and defending this crap, then good for you I guess. But don't start lecturing other people about having no idea, just because your own appreciation of music is so limited you can't differentiate between the good and the pointless.

I have a weak point for autotune when it's done right. Judging from what I hear I'm really going to love this. Some parts do indeed resemble Before I Decay, but I prefer this over BID.

The song actually doesn't sound that bad.

Song sucks, I'm depressed.

And music is not about being talented...nor is it about challenging yourself. People within the music world may be talented and may challenge themselves, but those are just the characteristics of those that play music...music is art. Art is expression. Therefore music is all about the expression of the creator. I thought this was obvious...guess not.

"I want to become da fucking garbage maker."

:|

I think it's great they immortalized this lines, whatever that means :lol:

I think it will not sound that different with good rip, it will only sounds more sorround.

While musical wise, it's , well The GazettE :|

Yes, challenging yourself is always needed, but for all your hard work to matter to the listener, you first have to have the basics down. If all your effort is being wasted on putting together a simple song, then you will never go beyond that. You will be stuck in mediocrity. And this band is not even mediocre unless you include all the crappy pop rock out there.

You don't have to invent new genres to make good music, though it's always a good thing to not stick to one sound defined by various artists before you. But you can make good music within any genre, if you just know what you are doing. Though in the case of creative people not knowing can lead to amazingness. You can always hear if a band knows or not, and whether you like them personally makes little difference. The Gazette barely has a clue. Tear down their concept? They have NO concept. Making basic rock with pointless bits of shredding and sticking some computer effects on top to make it sound not entirely stuck in the 90's is no concept. Now if you don't mind wasting your time listening and defending this crap, then good for you I guess. But don't start lecturing other people about having no idea, just because your own appreciation of music is so limited you can't differentiate between the good and the pointless.

Gazette is doing really well within this genre. Everyone who understands music can see that they obviously know what they do. Whether they have "talent" is questionable, but I think they proved with DIM that they can do some pretty awesome shit if they want. They can play really well and they can compose really well. You don't have to like them, but it would be pretty "uneducated" to say this band doesn't have their shit together.

Though I do think that atleast half of Gazette's stuff is really lame, some of which simply sucks. If that's what you wanted to hear.

It is a concept. It's a simple one, it wasn't invented by them, but it's still a concept. And who cares?

You first blabbered some bs that music should be left to those who find it easy. That's the complete opposite of what you just said right there.

I still think you don't understand much about music, since it seems like you don't even know what shredding is. Gazette has like one song with shredding. Lol but that's splitting hairs.

Liking Gazette, or any band, is all about opinions and has nothing to do with "higher appreciation of music". That's another thing which makes me think you just don't really understand music, as in music itself. You could be the greatest composer ever and know every secret about music, yet you could still enjoy mediocre crap. It's simple as that. Understanding music and appreciating it has nothing to do with the bands you like. It seems like you lack the skill to analyze songs in an objective way. Plus you sound like a teenager who just found Dream Theater and Opeth.

Now you can go back to your superawesome and vast music appreciation.

^ agreed

I also find it funny how he called someone's appreciation of music narrow or whatever it was, then went off to say how ONLY TALENTED PEOPLE SHOULD MAKE MUSICCCCCC. Hmm...contradiction much?

But yeah...Speaking from a purely technical stand point -- the GazettE has talent. To be able to write music, compose it, and bring it all together within a structure that flows, is talent all in itself. What this kid littlelamb is doing, is substituting HIS TASTE IN MUSIC and making it the standard for "talent". That is just...full retard.

Whenever someone doesn't like something, they can go off to say "that song is boring. it's dull. it's uninspired. its untalented", but that's just a reflection of their narrow musical taste.

Summary: People say "talent" or any other load of BS to justify their subjective music taste. Littlelamb doesn't like a song by the gazette, does that mean the band is untalented? Well apparently to him it does. He just doesn't know what he's talking about...and has clearly expressed that in his posts. Besides...he's one to talk, calling bands untalented and what not. Lol

Gazette is doing really well within this genre. Everyone who understands music can see that they obviously know what they do. Whether they have "talent" is questionable, but I think they proved with DIM that they can do some pretty awesome shit if they want. They can play really well and they can compose really well. You don't have to like them, but it would be pretty "uneducated" to say this band doesn't have their shit together.

Though I do think that atleast half of Gazette's stuff is really lame, some of which simply sucks. If that's what you wanted to hear.

It is a concept. It's a simple one, it wasn't invented by them, but it's still a concept. And who cares?

You first blabbered some bs that music should be left to those who find it easy. That's the complete opposite of what you just said right there.

I still think you don't understand much about music, since it seems like you don't even know what shredding is. Gazette has like one song with shredding. Lol but that's splitting hairs.

Liking Gazette, or any band, is all about opinions and has nothing to do with "higher appreciation of music". That's another thing which makes me think you just don't really understand music, as in music itself. You could be the greatest composer ever and know every secret about music, yet you could still enjoy mediocre crap. It's simple as that. Understanding music and appreciating it has nothing to do with the bands you like. It seems like you lack the skill to analyze songs in an objective way. Plus you sound like a teenager who just found Dream Theater and Opeth.

Now you can go back to your superawesome and vast music appreciation.

That's a lot of projecting right there, don't even know where to begin. Or whether I want to. First of all I never said making music should be easy. What I was saying is that it should be left to those who don't find making an original sounding tune *SO* hard that they need to have fans defending their songwriting after every release with the "but it's so hard to make something new" argument. I was in no way implying that one should put no effort into what they are doing and just coast along year after year with whatever first pops into their head. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Though if that sort of coasting is an opportunity then we are clearly talking talent. Whether people capitalize on it is another thing. Now I know it's pointless to except artists who are signed to agencies to have artistic integrity, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on their obvious recycling.

What is so awesome about DIM? I've tried to listen to it several times and everytime I've opted for silence. All their songs I've heard, with an exception of maybe one, either sound boring as hell or super-awkward to me. Like an audio version of a scrapbook. And not a pretty one, or an ambitious one, just awkward. At least it follows their all over the place visuals. They might be doing well for a neo-VK, but since 99% of it is utter shit, that's not saying much. Your interest in defending them is strange enough as it is, if half their stuff sucks in your opinion, but it's made even more hilarious by your bashing of Dir en grey, who even at their simplest manage to sound far better. And then you think I'm a teenager? Sorry, haven't been one for half a decade. Dream Theater? There's a difference between using your skill and knowledge to make something cool and using it to show off your skills. Last time I checked they fell into the latter category, as in no thanks. Opeth has made some lovely music though, so no need to bring them into this discussion.

A8417FAC4C754A2C8318D1E789414904.jpg

You should give that to the Gazette for all their effort.

@relentless: It's she, not he, and clearly everyone is free to "express themselves", but everyone's art is also fair game for criticism. It's funny because just yesterday Kenichi (from Merry) was saying something on twitter about there being no need to answer the question whether music is art. That having answers to/in music feels like cheating. And I was thinking "what? of course music is art!". Then I came here and listened to Vortex and was like "yea... not all music is art". And then I started pondering about where can one draw the line between art as self-expression and something that's put together just because the label needs you to release a single. And there really is no answer to that. Still I refuse to see all music as self-expression, even if I can't be the judge. Call me stubborn.

I know it has become something of a fad on here just to post some stupid gif that doesn't really tell you anything instead of actually taking the time and effort to write down your opinion, but is it really necessary to quotespam these pics ad infinitum? C'mon people, stop this intellectual lazyiness, only write something if you actually have something of value to say and don't post just to show the world that you know how to use the and

buttons. Thanks.

@littlelamb: there is a big difference between "criticism" and complaining you don't like something.

And contracts / agreements to release an x amount of singles =/= a band isn't expressing themselves. Most bands are held to contracts / deadlines, but that never brings into question a bands expression. It can't be argued. Simple as that. If a band doesn't ENJOY doing music anymore (a lot of bands that have been around for a while begin to fade away), then that is a completely issue and can bring into question a bands expression. But like I said, that is completely different. Perhaps the GazettE are tired of making music...but they certainly are showing no signs of it.

That's a lot of projecting right there, don't even know where to begin. Or whether I want to. First of all I never said making music should be easy. What I was saying is that it should be left to those who don't find making an original sounding tune *SO* hard that they need to have fans defending their songwriting after every release with the "but it's so hard to make something new" argument. I was in no way implying that one should put no effort into what they are doing and just coast along year after year with whatever first pops into their head. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Though if that sort of coasting is an opportunity then we are clearly talking talent. Whether people capitalize on it is another thing. Now I know it's pointless to except artists who are signed to agencies to have artistic integrity, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on their obvious recycling.

What is so awesome about DIM? I've tried to listen to it several times and everytime I've opted for silence. All their songs I've heard, with an exception of maybe one, either sound boring as hell or super-awkward to me. Like an audio version of a scrapbook. And not a pretty one, or an ambitious one, just awkward. At least it follows their all over the place visuals. They might be doing well for a neo-VK, but since 99% of it is utter shit, that's not saying much. Your interest in defending them is strange enough as it is, if half their stuff sucks in your opinion, but it's made even more hilarious by your bashing of Dir en grey, who even at their simplest manage to sound far better. And then you think I'm a teenager? Sorry, haven't been one for half a decade. Dream Theater? There's a difference between using your skill and knowledge to make something cool and using it to show off your skills. Last time I checked they fell into the latter category, as in no thanks. Opeth has made some lovely music though, so no need to bring them into this discussion.

You said music should be left to those who find it easy. There ain't many ways to interpret that. But fair enough.

I defend Gazette mostly, because people who bash them seem to bash them just for being Gazette. It's so ridiculous it's hard to tell whether people are trolling or just idiots.

I don't really "bash" Dir en grey. I barely even post in their threads nowadays. And I really liked their previous single, so I don't know where that came from. I do think most of their stuff is crap, but I can see they have talent when they want, and they do know what they're doing. I still don't like their sound and style most of the time at all. Plus I secretly despise them for making TMOAB, which is the second worst album from Japan ever. But those bands are like day and night so this discussion is pointless here.

I never implied you were a teenager, I said you sound like one.

Atleast the matter of DT and Opeth we can agree on. PS make Ruki sing any song from Blackwater Park and you get DIM. Trufax, saying anything else is denial.

Sign in to follow this