Guest Naru

CD's that you regret buying...

i just think it do not do justice for the members, esp.Mike Patton is all.

They are influential for many genres actually, given their experimental/avant garde nature.

But is O.K, all people entitled to their opinions :)

I have about 50 CDs from bands I haven't listened to years and obviously now think I shouldn't have bought, but if you only consider more recent purchases, I'd say my worst decisions were

Girugamesh - GO. No idea why I even bought this, I liked the first two albums quite much, I didn't think the third one was bad, but then this. The singles were awful, I didn't like the direction they were taking, but still I ended up buying this. I've listened to it like, once, half-way through.

Merry - Nu Chemical Rhetoric. This might need some more explaining. I like the album, I think it's great, but this was the first Merry album for me and sort of an impulse purchase. I didn't like it the first time I listened to it, so I gave up on the band for a long while. If I had bought Modern Garde or something, I would've probably liked it much more and started listening more Merry earlier.

All of the nightmare & gazette albums I own

also a korn cd

I have about 50 CDs from bands I haven't listened to years and obviously now think I shouldn't have bought, but if you only consider more recent purchases, I'd say my worst decisions were

Girugamesh - GO. No idea why I even bought this, I liked the first two albums quite much, I didn't think the third one was bad, but then this. The singles were awful, I didn't like the direction they were taking, but still I ended up buying this. I've listened to it like, once, half-way through.

They got 5 albums now though. Seems you forgot one (13's Reborn/Girugamesh/Music/Now/Go)

Don't really think there's anything I regret. The ones I don't like are mostly the ones I didn't buy myself.

There is one though, but I can't seem to be able to remember which one it was :P

Never bought Go. Still think I should as a Giru fan, but it's really terrible :s

Well fuck I bought GO (don't know WHY), and I hardly ever listen it (except for the live cd that came with it, I play that one rather often). When I want to hear a Giru CD on my stereo I always choose NOW, because I love that album (even more than their self-titled). It's like NOW was written specially for me.

*I'm so hoping for an European release of MERRY's Beautiful Freaks btw :D* I also send Gan Shin a message with the question if they would release it here.

@Tokage, willing to sell the Nightmare ones? :lol:

They got 5 albums now though. Seems you forgot one (13's Reborn/Girugamesh/Music/Now/Go)

Don't really think there's anything I regret. The ones I don't like are mostly the ones I didn't buy myself.

There is one though, but I can't seem to be able to remember which one it was :P

Never bought Go. Still think I should as a Giru fan, but it's really terrible :s

Hmh, I thought I'd mentioned NOW. Well, I find it worse than the third album but better than GO, and all in all kinda boring. Sorry.

Well, considering I started buying CDs when I was around 11, there are too many I've regretted buying. Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Papa Roach, Blink 182. Gaaahhhhh D:

Those aside, I quite regret buying Bright Eyes albums, I got sick of them pretty soon, overhyped I tell you.

Also Ben Kweller's "Sha Sha", because it's pretty boring besides for a few songs.

I kinda regretted buying Cursive's "Domestica" and "The Ugly Organ", but recently I kinda got into them again so that's ok, except I actually like their later albums better.

Let's see.. I was also into Thursday for a while and got 3 CDs, but I haven't been listening to them for many years, guess it just kinda lost appeal.

I also regret buying Thrice's "The Artist in the Ambulance", I kinda bought it just to listen to more bands in the same scene. Also Belle and Sebastian, because I got bored of their same old same old pop stuff pretty quickly.

I have quite a number of the Cure's CDs, but I never really got into about half of them, and many of their albums that I like better I actually never bought.

The Mars Volta's "De-Loused in Comatorium", it might have sounded cool at the time, but it's actually really tame and got boring. Their later stuff are probably more interesting, but I still haven't gotten into them.

Sparta's "Porcelain", man, I totally did not expect that sound. I thought it would sound like "Wiretap Scars", but even "Wiretap Scars" turned out to be not all that good.

Also my Ben Folds CDs, again, same old same old pop got me bored.

New Order - "Waiting for the Sirens' Call". Their era is over, why bother.

Yah, I'm sure there are many more to mention. As for Jrock/VK stuff, I got into them when I was more experienced with CD buying, and I heavily downloaded stuff before I bought the CDs, so I have different reasons to regret buying them.

MERRY - "Seishun Neurosis"

I regret this because I could have bought "Japanese Modernist / R-246" instead from the same shop (in Hong Kong). Both songs in "Seishun Neurosis" (excluding the little bonus in the end) are in "Modern Garde", but "R-246" would have been a nice B-side addition to my collection :(

Fatima - "Kesenai Ame/Muchi na Inochi e"

Because I still haven't opened in, and it's not rare. I still love the single, but in terms of collectible value, it's not much :S

ジュリィー - "Identity"

I quite like Jully, but I guess I just don't like them THAT much to spend that much money on a CD

東京ヒーローズ - "twinkle"

Because Tokyo Heroes have released better stuff. But I did get a poster from buying this single. I'm still afraid to open the poster, just in case I want to sell it but accidentally damage it or something.

Waive - "HURT."

I like Waive, but this isn't my favorite album. I should have bought one of their indies compilations instead if I were to spend that much money.

cali≠gari - "≠"

So far this is the only cali≠gari CD I've bought. Considering how much I like some of their other albums better, I could have spent my money better.

Amber bullet - "Over Dose" (digital)

I think "UNDER COVER" and "Zetsubou no Cantella" was their peak (oh such a passng peak that was), but I was curious about their stuff, so I decided to support the band. Whatever, it was like $3.

Yeah, but the good thing is, overall, I'm still happy with the VK CDs I "regretted" buying, unlike my older CDs that I really have gotten over.

Faith No More - Who Cares a Lot?: The Greatest Hits

so you regret purchasing FNM album? :o

Wikipedia says they're credited as a big influence to nu-metal. I would regret supporting a band that helped drive that sack-of-shit genre as well :/

lol

aww not all nu-metal is that bad... ok it's mostly bad, but it's just the fans who are making them worse than they actually sound

Guest mitsubana

I think the only releases I regret buying are the ones where I can't stand the lyrics. I got LOCUS' "UGLY CROW" album and loved almost everything about it except the lyrics. Lyrics were so depressing. Couldn't stand listening to it.

DIR EN GREY - UROBOROS (Japanese 2CD version)

Only because of the shoddy artwork assembly; a few pages of the booklet literally came out. I absolutely love this album, but I should've gotten the regular version instead... or the box set version with vinyl.

So far I've been able to sell the cd's I really regret buying (for even more than I bought them for :P), but as my music collection looks now, the only records I regret buying are the ones I have 2 off, which is Blam Honey - Providence of Decadence, Moi Dix Mois + D+sect and Moi Dix Mois - Dixanadu limited edition.

(may seem weird I have 2 of these releases, but I tend to buy 2 if it's a band I love, I open 1 and save 1. The thing is, I've grown a little tired of Blam Honey and Moi Dix Mois, I still like them and I buy their releases, just not 2 anymore :P)

Gazette - Filth in the Beauty Single

Nightmare - Naked Love Single

Dir en grey - Drain Away Single

Can't believe I spent around $20 on each these singles. Never buying CD singles again. Thank goodness for existence of digital retail.

I rarely buy CD's 'cause most of my time living I never really had money. Anyways I bought...

Bullet For My Valentine Scream Aim Fire (It was those time of days when screaming and singing was fucking dope)

Bloodsimple Red Harvest (First album. I was just really into them at the time. Listened to them for months)

I don't regret getting them deeply, I still like 'em. Its just not part of my being. I don't know, they are just there to be there when I feel like listening once every year.

Lightbringer - Genesis

hardly one of their greatest albums by far. It just felt too commercial and I hated Fuki's vocals, Not that they were bad or anything but her voice is capable of so much more compared to what was on offer on the album.

I heard Lightbringer's earlier albums and I felt like I had to grab Genesis so I did.

Opeth - Watershed/Heritge

Not so much regret but definitely purchases i could have done without. Im a long time fan of Opeth.

hmmm theres probably a few others but i cant really think at the moment

Guest mitsubana

Over time most of my visual kei collection haha the only thing I love nowadays is my アンシア collection <3

For me that would be An Cafe's Magnya Carta .... I seriously for the love of god have no idea why I bought this album.

The only possible explanation is I must have had shit taste way back in 2006... like seriously shitty. I was 13 and I thought Bou and Miku was kawaii... please gawd shoot me now :emo:

a bit like mitsubana, practically all my Vkei order who wasn't Dir en Grey release xD (exept for my complete collection of 2-3 artist and a few cd)

The worst album I've ever purchased was Vidoll - Esoteric romance. It cost me shitloads of money and there's only one song I like, Cryptic Tokyo. I used to be a die hard Vidoll fan and that was the first CD I bought right when it was released and listened to it for the first time in CD. I've never been that disappointed, I didn't like the singles but still I somehow thought that the album could still be good. I was so wrong.

IMHO Vidoll turned to complete shit after majoring and everything they released after that is nothing compared to their indie stuff. But well, like that hasn't happened before to any other bands...

I regret buying 97% of my collection. Not because I don't like the music, but because I don't give a flying fuck about CDs anymore. The only CDs I care about are those released by my favourite bands that doesn't exist on another format or is impossible to get a hold off (without paying a months salary) and those I've bought because I collect and want every release by. The rest doesn't mean shit. Gonna try to sell most of it.

Most of my collection, unfortunately. My tastes haven't changed, but I got tired of several artists I used to like originally. I used to be a huge Phantasmagoria fan, but the constant "disbanding" stuff had worn me down and IDK what to do with all their CDs/DVDs. Been trying to sell them, but nobody seems to care about the band anymore, lol. 

There was also a time I was hooked on the Korean group 2PM and I have a lot of their stuff as well, so I kinda regret buying that, too. 

There's still a lot of CDs I'm glad to have, though.

Screw - Xrays
the GazettE - Toxic, Remember the Urge, Division

And when I buy a CD I always buy the limited edition so basically the GazettE ate my money, pooped it out, and I bought that too. Toxic LE is now 18$ on amazon (allbeit used). Wish I had waited instead of paying the full 60$+ for it...
And Screw's Xrays is so atrociously bad that I'm kind of embarrassed that I ever had an urge to buy it.

Guest mitsu the indie girl

After getting rid of most of my collection, I would say a majority of what I owned. My tastes just changed and although I appreciate the music I used to listen to in the VK scene, I just found a different path and realized I didn't listen to the VK music the same way.