31 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Hate Crocs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

It's about Crocs.

34f15ig.jpg

It seems so many people hated it?

I've asked some friends and their reasoning just because it's ugly or because it's so everywhere.

Well, that's not much of a reason to hate doesn't it?

I must say i am a Crocs fanatic.

I have like 5 pairs of the same type with different colours

and one that are more semi-formal for me to wear in a mall or something.

And i never get the hate, it is so comfy, durable, have a good grip and less humid.

So i don't have to worry about having sweaty toes or stuffs.

And so colourful it's so fun <3

Though i still wear my sneakers and loafers for some occasions,

I wear my Crocs more anytime i can.

Then again i always the guy that choose quality over quantity.

Being ugly doesn't stop/bother me if it's comfy to wear.

It's like the opposite of high heels for me,

It's expensive, posh but yet make you need to get foot massage after wearing it for hours.

I don't mind peoples that stares at me though.

I just think it's foolish to hated something just because how it looks.

Is there any personal reason that make sense besides it's being not fashionable?

Or people just need to have something to hate?

Yes, this is in Toasted Waffles thread which not suppose to be serious.

You can troll, but i would hope for some discussions too, naturally.

I must say i am a Crocs fanatic.

YOU ARE ALL OF WHAT IS EVIL IN THIS WORLD.

I will never associate with people that wear them, ever.

Also.... if it's comfortable, you dont care if it's ugly...you'll still wear them?!

Dear lord, you are the complete opposite to me, i have no 'comfortable' clothes like tracksuit pants, loose hanging pants etc. If it doesnt look good, i will never wear it...even at home, you never know when Jehovah's witnesses will strike, so youhave to always look your best just incase.

edit: OMFG, that 'formal' (if you can call it that) one is absolutely an abomination.

herpes: lol, then i'll be the most colourful evil there is :D

ramrod: well yes. I always wear clothes depends on occasions. And i would only have my birth suit if am at home usually. But when at work, meetings, wedding party and such formal occasions i'll wear sophisticatedly.

Armani suit, silk tie and all that.

But when occasions is casual, then i dress casually. Would look funny if one wear something opposite the occasion doesn't it?

I mean, say, who'd wear sneakers to the beach, that'd be funny.

Or have sneakers just to go to 711 one block away? That's too much for me.

A t-shirt, shorts and crocs would suffice for that.

Would wear my sneakers for when jogging or play tennis.

Loafer for office

and the rest is crocs, better than flip flops for me. I don't like my toes get burn by sunlight. It doesn't look good to get tanned only in some parts, looks like a zebra lol

*coughs* :oops:
you're not alone :D

and for Crocs, it can be comfortable but I wouldn't wear it ever. I would look like a clown... :lol:

They're butt-ugly, and probably the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. I don't own a pair myself, but I have tried them for a couple of days and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever used. So whenever I start working again I will buy a pair since I care about my shoes being comfortable.

But here's the standard for the majority of VK-fans I've talked to this far:

Are the music good? Don't care as long as the members look good.

Are the shoes comfortable? Don't care as long as the shoes look good.

Are the food good? Don't care as long as it looks delicious.

Are the pants comfortable? Don't care as long as it looks good.

Are the TV you bought any good? Is the picture good and clear and stuff? Don't care as long as the TV itself looks good.

I heard the really expensive bike you bought fell apart after just one week. Is that true? Yes, but that's OK because it looked good. Buying a new one tomorrow.

And so fucking on!

When that being said, I own a pair of Converse All Star and Vans shoes and they are both someof the ugliest shoes I have ever seen, but they are so comfortable so the fact that they're ugly doesn't matter at all. Also bought a new pair of Vans and Vision Street Wear some days ago. Ugly as fuck, but they seem to be damn comfortable, so it's very, very, very OK with that.

:mrgreen:

I can understand wearing crocs with sloppy jeans and t-shirt, gonna-run-down-to-the-convenience-store-for-five-minutes type situations or even for the beach, but I can't stand when people wear them with normal clothes every day for everything (which I see A LOT). It gets obnoxious after a while.

I once knew a guy who would wear them for casual dress up events. Good grief, people.

UGH HATE-BOT SCRIP ENGAGE:

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

They don't piss me off as much as the used to, but I will never wear them. They're not as bad as those stupid rubber shoes with toes though. Someone who pretty much runs the game design department hear walks around in them at work.

vibram-five-finger200.jpg

And GD&D majors wonder why everyone denounces them as socially awkward and greasy.

Hate them. Before they got really popular back home I remember going to Pensacola, FL where my mom is from to visit the grandparents and Crocs where like the king of shoes. Everyone wore them (don't understand why since no one walks there, just eat and drives), there were all these customizable options and ridiculous amount of advertising for them. I couldn't understand it, they were so ugly and it added just another reason to hate that place. Then they started cropping up back home and the rage was quite high. My mom even bought and wore a red pair for awhile (but only around the house, thank goodness. She isn't that crazy...yet

That said as time went on my hate lessened, and I can say while I would never be caught outside wearing them (or friggin' uggs, to me it's a same difference except uggs serve no purpose.) I do understand why some people do. I have tried them on and they are quite comfortable and it lessens the hate understanding that they're quite practical especially with some professions. For example my cousin is a nurse and my aunt a doctor and a lot of them wear them (particularly the nurses) for work because they're on their feet a lot and it's a really comfortable option for them, so I can definitely forgive Crocs for something like that. And of course if you're making a quick run out to get something, it's no big deal either, it's a bit silly me to fuss over looking perfect for that kinda thing so yea wear your crocs, whatev. But I guess what it comes down too is as cibbico said, if you're wearing them with your everyday attire or when the occasion is formal, it becomes kinda obnoxious and it seems A LOT of people do that, and to me that's probably why there is so much hate as opposed to indifference.

I've never gotten close enough to the polloi that wear them, but I presume anyone who wears them smells.

Lol my friend told me that i should hate them, and i was like " uh... okay? " so that was it.

I try my earnest not to care how people dress, because i wish i would not care how i dress. It would make my life so much easier :P

I never look down to see people's shoes anyway. Unless you are wearing huge fur boots like Mathias Nygard. Because that would be cool.

Are the TV you bought any good? Is the picture good and clear and stuff? Don't care as long as the TV itself looks good.

I heard the really expensive bike you bought fell apart after just one week. Is that true? Yes, but that's OK because it looked good. Buying a new one tomorrow.

This is the standard for more than just VK-fans.

Fuck wearing ugly shoes because they're comfortable. I deliberately torture my feet for pretty shoes. Doesn't mean I listen to bands because the members are attractive or spend hundreds of pounds on TVs that aren't excellent quality.

But I am willing to blow money on pretty shoes.

I love pretty shoes.

If I ever bought a pair it would be for in the house, but I have my adidas flipflops and fluffy warm socks as well. I just don't think they look nice, and the worst part is when people wear socks along with them D:

But this is coming from a woman with 7 pairs of Converse All Stars.

Disgusting unlikeable footwear for disgusting unlikeable people

So you're a fan too? Knew it.

Anyway, never cared about them. Were too simple and too colorful for me. And confortness doesn't matter at all. Looking good hurts babe.

This is the standard for more than just VK-fans.

Yes, this isn't a standard for VK fans only, it's a standard for most of society actually.

Also I just think Crocs are butt ugly.

I would never wear them downtown etc.

I see people who do it though...

I'd be one of them people. I even wear it to airport.

Seriously. Since i mostly travel abroad many times.

It is not comfy to wear sneakers or dress shoes in aircraft.

Even if i took flights with larger space for my feet.

Since in the end, i'll took off my footwear during flights, to walk around.

Cannot sit for hours during flights without moving around, or at least to restroom,

unless one wanna die because of blood clot/Pulmonary Embolisms which can lead to heart attack.

so it's most practical wearing slippers or in this case, crocs.

Whenever it's about to landing, i can just slip my feet into my crocs again.

It's more hassle free :lol:

Most professional travellers would to the same thing anyway.

It is mentioned on flight instruction card for passengers, too,

to took off footwear so not gonna burden your blood veins on legs, i mean.

Some even wear hotel's slippers though. :mrgreen:

I am very casual, i think.

Only some particular occasions people would find me dressed like celebs on red carpet.

It's better that way though, to not look sophisticated anytime,

so no bandits would targeted me for money.

Never know what will happen on foreign country, or even at my home country,

so always tried to dress humbly.

Crime can only happen if we give it a chance, right? :D

honestly i agree they are ugly shoes for ugly people (at least outside)

(dude if you must have comfort just choose something comfortable & cool looking)

When that being said, I own a pair of Converse All Star and Vans shoes and they are both someof the ugliest shoes I have ever seen,

:mrgreen:

all star are not ugly!

or vans

Chianti, you have two choices, you bring a bad name to fashionable gays.

1) Burn them all

2) Die.

They are never acceptable to wear.

Looking good > comfort.

Chianti, you have two choices, you bring a bad name to fashionable gays.

1) Burn them all

2) Die.

neither. No labels can kill me :lol:

If people feel annoyed with what am wearing, well that's too bad.

But it's their problems doesn't it?

Sign in to follow this