Sign in to follow this  
Karma’s Hat

XA-VAT - 艶℃

I can't wait to get my copy in a few days... can any of the people please do a deeper review? >_< I would like to know what to expect from each track from your point of view.

Thank you ind advance!

Well i'm too lazy to make a song-by-song review as sort of promised, but i'll give the overalls.

It's amazing for the most part. The album has more far more variety and Catchyness than i dared to hope, and exceeded my expectations easily. Shuuji is awesome, and all the bleeps and bloops are miles better than the ones found on goatbed ( Don't get confused by my eclectic reviewer dialect, ps. i don't know what i'm talking about ), so basically this is Goatbed 4.0 for me. I'm trying to stay away from picking any favourites and dislikes from the album, as I almost wrote that i like ZEROTICA the least, but then the chorus got me and now i can't do it. But guess i could relatively safely say, that THE 艶℃ BABY, Mecca, E-Z, Invasion-Novation are my favourite songs on the album. Awesome shit, and that'll be enough.

Was gonna do a track-by-track, but I got bored of writing "holy fuck, amazing". Incredible album, a darker version of Goatbed meets Dai8 Karrydoesnotequalgarry meets a surprisingly not-shit kozi. Dying to hear the remix CD, shame there weren't a few more featuring Yasuyuki, his remix on their single was one of my favourite tracks of last year.

OMFG. what an awesome album. listened to it at my work. not gonna do a track per track review but I want to say that Mr.VITAL made me feel like playing any of the Megaman from the X series. (wanted to shoot some yellow lightballs to my boss)

Looks liek I will have to check this out after all these good reviews.

Heard it earlier today andit sounded listenable, but after one listen it wasn't all that. A few amazing songs, a few decent one and one really, really bad. I'd give it 6/10 after the one listen, but because of the opening song I'll give it 5/10

So:

With the opening track - 5/10

Without it 6/10

GOnna give it a lot more time in the comming weeks though, so hopefully the whole album will grow a lot on me.

You know you could've always checked the youtube samples before listening

Sounds like Dead or Alive

But it ain't a bad thang! Shuuji Ishii (+ Közi and the-other-guy-can't-remember-his name) is/are genius(es)

:domo:

You know you could've always checked the youtube samples before listening

Yeah true, but that would involve me thinking and using my brain, i'm not really good at that type of stuff, xD.

Will be checking this out tonight.

So... does this mean goatbed/cali gari/whatever other bands are dead 4real this tyme?

Well XA-VAT is essentially the same as goatbed music-wise except that Shuuji is not alone, so he just won't do the two at the same time (he explained that in an itw). As for cali gari, well, no one knows what will become of it as they don't stop doing more "last lives" and releasing stuff ^^"

Downloaded it based on all of these good reviews... boy was I disappointed. This is not good at all. Almost the same idea throughout with pretty much no variation. The guitars have the same tuning in every track, it got on my nerves very quickly. The beats are nothing special.

I'd give it a 3 or 4 out of 10. There are a few interesting moments, but execution is where the album suffers.

Sign in to follow this