Neon

Last movie you saw.

In cinema: War Horse

Probably the worst movie I've seen since Avatar. It's terrible in every way. There was only 1 scene in the entire film which I thought was nicely done. Do not waste your time and/or money on this one.

At home: Leave Her to Heaven (1945)

A much better movie. The events happen a bit slow at times but build up to a few surprises. Good acting. It's filmed in technicolor... which is quite surprising for a "dark" storyline such as this back in the 40's. The color in this movie is quite pretty too. Gene Tierney's blue eyes are one of the most beautiful things you'll ever see.

That moment when you realize quite a lot of old movies (incl. black and white) are more visually appealing than most movies these days.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Probably one of the best films I've ever seen.

Excellent movie! I was fortunate enough to see that movie last year in cinema as a special one-time event to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the movie in The Netherlands (it's from 1975 but only released in The Netherlands a year later... like so many movies).

It was great to see a quality classic like that on the big screen. Wish they'd do these more often. But they don't... because not enough people are interested. :|

Also...

"How are we going to win our money back?" one of the best lines. :roll:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Probably one of the best films I've ever seen.

Haven't had the chance to. I downloaded, yes, the movie like almost a year ago and I still have yet to actually watch it. Heard it's one of Nicholson's bests.

Anyway, the last movie I saw was Babel. Pitt looked old, but Blanchett was really beautiful. Great movie, nevertheless.

Saw Due Date last night.

Most modern comedy movies are full of cliches, bad acting and a storyline as thin as air, which is why I usually can't stand them. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this one. At least, for about half of it.

It's indeed full of cliches and features a storyline as thin as air, but stars two excellent actors! Now that's something you don't see very often in a movie like this. Especially Zach Galifianakis (Ethan in the movie) did a wonderful job. However, it does make me wonder if he can do anything else apart from this role, because he played the exact same guy in The Hangover. He seems more like a one tricky pony to me. If he continues like this he'll be a bore sooner or later. Anyway... he was great in this movie and that's what counts now.

There are some disastrous bad and/or unnecessary moments (jokes) in this movie but the lead actors just make it worth your time.

I'd give a 6/10 if I had to rate this.

Friends with benefits .... boring ~

In time ~ slept in XD

Dir en grey budokan bla bla endless title blue ray.. not really a movie.. xD

Star Wars 1-3 ... (it was star wars movie night XD)

Gantz 2 ~

Ironclad

that are the last movies I saw so far... I think...

Ley Lines

The whole Black Shinjuku Triadsomething trilogy is beyond words, but this is the one where I really fell in love with the characters and got into the movie 110%. Definitely recommending.

Mou Yuukai Nante Shinai

I was randomly downloaded this movie merely due to the starring is Aragaki Yui, but it turned out into a hilarious yet so genius detective heroic movie. SUPAH EPIC!!

The Public Enemy

The oldest movie I've seen so far, it dates back from 1931. It's mostly about the rise and fall of two childhood friends who wanted to become "gangsters". There are several memorable scenes in this. Including the scene where what appears to be a gay tailor trying to flirt with one of the main characters while measuring his body proportions... "such a muscle!". I didn't expect to see that in a movie from that era.

It was very enjoyable. I can imagine this movie has been quite an inspiration for many gangster movies that followed later.

8/10

Graveyard Encounter

One scary and thrilling horror indie movie, the ending is just my cup of tea~ :3

John Carter

Not my choice to watch in the cinema, but I went along. It's not like there's anything else playing right now anyway...

So, I didn't expect much of this film but it managed to surprise me! This is possibly even worse than Avatar (the comparison is easily made). EVERYTHING about this is ridiculous. The pathetic story may be written a century ago, but that's no excuse to make such a terrible picture out of it. Why did they even attempt this? Beats me.

1/10 :(

^ Wow, that's sad. I saw the small commercial on TV and I already felt like it would just be a poorly written story with lots of CGI to make it look "cool". How much I loved Disney when they released the "Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogy (no trilogy anymore, I guess) this is just a huge fail on their part. Des' review made sure I'm not going to watch this movie.

^ Wow, that's sad. I saw the small commercial on TV and I already felt like it would just be a poorly written story with lots of CGI to make it look "cool".

Yes, that's pretty much how it is. When you've seen the commercial, you've seen the entire film.

I sat throughout the entire thing wondering where they wanted to go with it. The characters (which include a few recognizable actors but they couldn't save it either) acted like all the events were dead serious. However, most events are badly explained or make no sense at all, which make the dialogues rather laughable. Everything's shoved in your face as if the viewer just has to deal with it before it quickly switches to a way-too-long action scene to try and cover up the empty plot. So in the end it just became another CGI showcase with no content at all.

My last two cinema visits were pretty terrible (the other was War Horse). I hope this won't become a trend. :P