Sign in to follow this  
Daggi_X

girugämesh - GO

No review-thread yet?

Share your opinions on their latest album!

Personally, I was pretty disappointed with their latest releases and I actually enjoyed a couple of songs on their new album (the singles were actually weaker than the rest of the tracks imho).

Favourite songs (so far): 見????????離, MISSION CODE

Overall rating: 7/10

I Liked Music. I thought Now was good. But this, no, this album was just crap. I am sorry, I didn't even like a single song. Their song writing has become extremely predictable, boring, and annoyingly poppy. I am not the kind of person to normally complain about bands changing, but this is just awful, they have gone from one of my favorite bands to one I can hardly stand anymore.

On first listen, it sounds bland. The only songs that I favor are Destiny and MISSION CODE. 見????????離 sounds too poppy for me and it's the only song that really annoys me.

I actually liked this a lot better than NOW. NOW was a rehash of the previous two albums, this is new and different. Sure, it's poppy, but I have nothing against pop, so it doesn't really bother me, lol.

I actually liked this a lot better than NOW. NOW was a rehash of the previous two albums, this is new and different. Sure, it's poppy, but I have nothing against pop, so it doesn't really bother me, lol.

pretty much summed up my thoughts. I really don't get all the hate for new girugamesh, some people think just because it's pop it sucks (now I'm not saying everybody thinks this way, but a good portion of the Giru fan base does). frankly I think Girugamesh's latest two albums are way better than most of the Indie VK releases from the past couple of years IMO. and also I believe if it was another band no one would even bitch about it, hell people would probably like it, but just the fact that some fans can't move on, or can't let it go. girugamesh is evolving and that's not a bad thing, it's needed so that they can stay together, if a band plays the same kind of music for too long then eventually they will get burned out, it's inevitable.

well anyways back on-topic... I've only listened to it once so far, hasn't really sunk in enough for me to form an opinion, so I'll leave my review for a later time xD

Love pop music but this stuff is shit. It has nothing to do with genre, but like people said predictable and unoriginal song-writing. Getting through the whole album was difficult for me. Just a bunch of songs stuck together.

Destiny and inochi no ki might have been ok with different chorus (they are good otherwise) nd 見????????離 and ??会 had potential but fell flat. The rest is pretty awful. It's a shame satoshi is such a good singer and is singing such crap. >_>

I liked it, ok, no heavy songs, but they are all fun to listen. ??会 is very good, and Never ending story was pretty enjoyable. All others are good.

So disappointed, this band is officially dead now. When i thought you couldnt get any more generic than the recent gazette... I will never listen to them again. :cry:

2/10 for a few cool guitars. R.I.P.

this is just awful, they have gone from one of my favorite bands to one I can hardly stand anymore.
pop music but this stuff is shit. It has nothing to do with genre

It's a shame satoshi is such a good singer and is singing such crap.

What i could make out from the first listening Go has many songs that were partly promising, but in the end don't have enough kick. But i'm happy that i still found one song that i enjoyed. ??会 is really beautiful song. Overall i only waited for that one good song from this album and luckily i got it :D.

Haven't been on for 2 days and V-ROCK CRUSH and GO is posted...Well gonna listen this tomorrow evening I think, got a lot of school work to do. I can't wait to hear it though!

After 2 albums i didnt like this one is quiet cool. Nice Pop Rock or how you want to call it.

I dont get all the hate against bands that change and arent Diruz angurei or gazeetus.

Pretty decent release, might grow after a few listens.

Listened to the full album and I actually liked it a lot better than NOW. I thought there wasn't much variety or anything that stood out to me on NOW, but I love GO. Not all the songs were amazing, by far, but I actually really like Destiny and Exit a lot, Never Ending Story is pretty good too, and Mienai Kyori and Saikai were good songs. It's funny, I listened to the album because I liked the singles, but COLOR didn't stand up to EXIT or destiny.

I honestly feel that if people hate what Girugamesh has become, then they should stop listening, stop reviewing OR just stop bringing down the morale of every other Giru fan because they don't like the new sound. I like where Girugamesh is going a lot more than where they were.

This album is shit, their previous two albums were shit, but their sales are growing apparently

Nah, not really, being on #36 is nothing amazing. I hope this album doesn't even reach #50. Japs should b disappointed too. all the newbies and fangirls encouraging this change and buying their shit makes the band think they doing amazing...

thanks for encouraging girugamesh to become suckier.

If people wouldn't support the damn band ''not matter what'' (pure bull imo) girugamesh could notice FANS are not LIKING IT.. and they'll dig their roots back up again. So wtf why buy shit when it's not good?? these kinda fans make me laugh. stop buying this lame stuff and do us all fans a favor. help to bring the band back. *feels like a speeches moron*

they have gone from one of my favorite bands to one I can hardly stand anymore.

this

I agree with The Libertine. One of the main reasons why Girugamesh is one of my favorite bands is because Satoshi is such a good singer and I wish he could sing better songs. Its good to experiment but I think they lost their sound. it's such a disappointment. i was waiting for this album

Notice how I didn't review this?

Yup.

girugamesh died (to me) after NOW. Will not be checking out GO.

Until they make another self-titled or MUSIC anyway.

Just my two cents.

This album is shit, their previous two albums were shit, but their sales are growing apparently

Nah, not really, being on #36 is nothing amazing. I hope this album doesn't even reach #50. Japs should b disappointed too. all the newbies and fangirls encouraging this change and buying their shit makes the band think they doing amazing...

thanks for encouraging girugamesh to become suckier.

If people wouldn't support the damn band ''not matter what'' (pure bull imo) girugamesh could notice FANS are not LIKING IT.. and they'll dig their roots back up again. So wtf why buy shit when it's not good?? these kinda fans make me laugh. stop buying this lame stuff and do us all fans a favor. help to bring the band back. *feels like a speeches moron*

Well it's just your opinion, so it really doesn't matter at all :-P and who the fuck are you to say that the fans that buy their music don't actually like their music? your entire argument is based solely on your opinion of their music, so therefore your argument actually doesn't mean shit. I like their new direction and their new sound because I actually like poppy music (which really this isn't all that poppy compared to some of the Jpop I listen to, it's just pop-rock), so according to you I'm not a "true" fan even though I like their music? It sounds to me that your not a true fan, just living in the past. move on, if you don't like their music anymore then don't even bother listening to it in the first place.

well anyways I can see this thread is not getting any better any time soon, so anything posted from here on out that even remotely sounds like band bashing or off topic will be deleted.

I'm a fan poppier music but the direction they've gone in doesn't really feel right to me. The songs are bland and I feel like I've heard them before. I was gettin' pretty excited and was hoping it was going to be amazing. Destiny and Inochi no ki were the best songs on it I feel. And when I heard those I thought they were pretty bland too. But I was hoping they'd make progress from those and continue on. I dunno. D: Maybe the next round will be better. ;~;

Also, Girugamesh has ALWAYS had a bit of a poppy additive in their music. I've always thought of them as hard pop rock. @_@

*sets up shield*

I enjoyed every second of this album. Never ending story was meh but the rest was great imo. MISSION CODE :fap:

Sign in to follow this