Sign in to follow this  
inartistic

VIDOLL disbanding

Vidoll Vo.樹??(jui) new album "XI" will be released at 2011/04/20 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (3,800yen) will include CD (10 songs)+DVD (including PV+off-shot), and regular edition (3,150yen) will include CD (11 songs) only

Somehow the members don't even seem to be very sad about this... based on what Rame and Giru have written in their blogs.

They are angry, of course, since unofficial sources revealed this decision without their approval. And they said this was not the way how they intended to handle this. Everyone's disappointed.

Also, I could read between the lines that Rame is somewhat accusing Crown for this, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out so. He said he won't be so naive anymore and won't be lured with tempting promises. So this kinda points the finger towards the label...

Though, my Japanese might mistake, so please correct me if you understood his update differently.

Vidoll Vo.樹??(jui) new album "XI" will be released at 2011/04/20 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (3,800yen) will include CD (10 songs)+DVD (including PV+off-shot), and regular edition (3,150yen) will include CD (11 songs) only

That was quick. I wonder if they've been planning this since Jui had "voice problems".

^And if Crown gets to decide the whole PV will be about Jui stripping with random Japanese amazon ladies around.

Seriously, almost all the girls Vidoll has had in their recent PVs have been bigger than Jui.

^And if Crown gets to decide the whole PV will be about Jui stripping with random Japanese amazon ladies around.

Seriously, almost all the girls Vidoll has had in their recent PVs have been bigger than Jui.

I thought about posting this to here too. This is Rame's blog entry concerning the disbandment and some clarifying thoughts from him.

I asked my friend to translate the entry for me, so the translation is not all done by me. Though it was originally translated in Finnish and thus I will be the translator from Finnish to English. Notice, that some meanings might have changed during the process, and most likely there will be more accurate ways to say things. Also, my friend said that even though she's good in Japanese there was some things she wasn't really sure of. If you have something to correct, please do so.

Translator from Japanese to Finnish: gnrbu

Translator from Finnish to English: Yuugi

Disbandment

It was announced, then.

Accepting it is difficult.

Like everyone else, I hope it was a lie, too, or I think there must have been some kind of a mistake...

But it won't change.

However, the way how someone made the note before the official announcement makes me lose my belief in human kind.

Why did he want to report about a thing as big as this before the official announcement?

I couldn't see any reason to make it such a fuss.

But I guess there was a variety of opinions about it.

I won't try to lure you with sweet lies or lip service, but I hope everyone will do their best from now on.

Wherever you are or whatever you do, you're the most important thing and I blame myself and my own problems for this outcome.

I'm sorry for all the fans.

But I'm also sorry you'll have to keep supporting only semifit Vidoll.

It would be unfair to ask you to support us like you used to. We can't be the band who used to trust itself and want you to listen to us and see us and have fun while doing so.

We were a band for nine years.

You supported us for nine years.

I can't live the rest of my long life thinking the nine years haven't even existed.

That's how it is. Whatever you do from now on these nine years surely won't just disappear.

Now everyone is in a different situation and everyone has their own personal feelings about this, and I can't put them together neatly.

I'm confident that someday we'll perform as Vidoll again.

I believe so.

Why am I saying such optimistic things right now?

I'm sorry.

But I really do believe so.

Even from now on for me being a part of Vidoll is more important than anything else in my life.

I believe we'll be back together when others feel the same way.

^ my sympathy :(

However, the way how someone made the note before the official announcement makes me lose my belief in human kind.

Wow... it's that huge of a problem huh?

@Yuugi would you mind if I copy that to my blog? I would give you and your friend the correspondent credits.

Though he was a bit too dramatic about some things. I mean 'lose faith in human kind'? Really?

Even so, it's really sad to see how much Vidoll was to him. It was... his life, after all.

@Yuugi would you mind if I copy that to my blog? I would give you and your friend the correspondent credits.

Umm... sure, I guess. :'D

Wow... it's that huge of a problem huh?

Well, in my opinion yes it is. I have the idea that Vidoll wasn't supposed to inform about the disbandment this soon though it was decided a long time ago. It could be a possibility, that the announcement that Jui made in Niconico wasn't originally even about the disbandment, but just about his solo works. But then it leaked and Jui was called to clear things up. Because for real: All the members seem kind of clueless when facing this. Giru and Rame are both extremely angry, and for a reason: This whole thing caused a lot of trouble among the fans and thus to the artists. Basicly Jui got blamed about it when it was not his fault... at least not completely.

I do feel sorry for Rame, he really seems angry, sad, and disappointed at the same time. Good luck in whatever his life goals are now.

I bet his goals are the same as before: He'll bring Vidoll back in some form.

Everyone feels sad because Rame made another promise to bring them back. Why I'm not? Mostly, because I've always have faith in Rame, and as much as I know him I'm sure he's stubborn enough to do whatever he wants if he really puts his mind into it. He might just be optimistic, but if all the other members had rebuffed the idea even he couldn't be so confident about it. I believe in him, optimistic or not. Thought it might just take a couple of years more, but I have a hunch this whole thing exists somekind of a strategy of withdrawing them from Crown and returning to indies when most of the not so loyal fans have gotten bored of waiting.

Please don't return me to the reality.

Lol, the first 15 seconds of the video were cool.

And then it went all ultra-generic. :emo: It's not the fact that it's a ballad I dislike, there are enough ballads I like, but the fact that you heard it all 232649 times before.

lolol @ the air-guitar/bass/violin/piano/drums, that was embarrassing to watch! :lol:

*INSERT AWESOME DRAMATIC TWIRLY AIR-GUITAR SOLO HERE*

It doesn't surprise me it's a boring ass ballad, I've always associated Vidoll with really boring ballads. To be honest I have always thought Jui's voice was boring. Please don't flip your shit and think I'm calling him bad, he certainly can sing but just boring. All his collaboration projects with KISAKI = boring as fuck.

The actors playing air instruments are pretty lulzy and kind of embarrassing to watch. Who thought this was a good idea lololol?

Jui, dear, but Gackt put more effort into his solo carreer and was even making good music for some, very short period.

For a person who didn't have Mana's penis of fame stuck in his little hole, you're doing too little effort.

You are neither second Gackt, nor third Miyavi, not even fourth Satsuki (kinda close to later, except even shittier)

Somehow all these responses to the PV made me laugh my ass off.

You made my day, guys.

Now maybe that guy finally realises he's completely helpless without Vidoll, much like Riku is a complete failure as a musician if he's not in the same band with Kisaki.

It doesn't surprise me it's a boring ass ballad, I've always associated Vidoll with really boring ballads. To be honest I have always thought Jui's voice was boring. Please don't flip your shit and think I'm calling him bad, he certainly can sing but just boring. All his collaboration projects with KISAKI = boring as fuck.

My thoughts exactly. And lololol at the air instruments.

1. Air musicians fail is fail

2. Jui looks old

3. It's boring as hell. Now we know who was responsible for all those crappy Vidoll ballads.

I like Jui's voice but if this album is going to be as crappy as this then I'm just gonna follow Rame and the rest.

Sign in to follow this