Spike760

the GazettE

Not gonna lie: I liked some bits of it. Ruki's vocal rhythm during the verses sounds excellent. The intro was smooth and flows nicely into the first verse, but I'm still not enjoying the chorus. Also, I couldn't help but notice how misplaced the acoustic guitars were, they took em' out for one verse and put em' away for the rest of the song? That just didn't fit very well with me. There's also the guitar solo which might have sounded slightly better if the orchestra toned it down, because it was really distracting. Overall "PLEDGE" is a pleasant song, but not one that I'd search for to play; if it happened to come on, I'd listen to it.

3/5

[/review thread]

Overall "PLEDGE" is a pleasant song, but not one that I'd search for to play; if it happened to come on, I'd listen to it.

I agree. I didn't really like or dislike it much; it just sort of "meh." :/

Why couldn't it be like the ballads on STACKED RUBBISH. That album was pure gold.

Err...I can't agree there. I would say the NIL era ballads were better than the SR-era ones.

I liked PLEDGE at first, but I think it'd be a lot better if they shaved it down a bit. It runs a little too long for my tastes.

DISTRESS AND COMA has this same problem IIRC. Lately they've had problems bringing diversity to some of their tracks because I realize a lot of tracks repeat "catchy" segments and it just gets repetitive.

After DIM, I was happy to hear that the gazette was releasing more music so soon, but after hearing PLEDGE, I'm convinced that these guys should take a break. These last 3 singles have been so blatantly uninspired that I have little to no hope for the next album being as good as DIM. As redundant as this new material has been, they're better off releasing a "BEST OF" album. =/

How can you say they are "so blatantly uninspired" when that couldn't be farther from the truth? The band has never written a masterpiece because they're not that PHENOMENAL of a band, but they've never been uninspired. Their recent releases are 1 (or possibly both) of two things:

1. The band has been stating on many accounts that to avoid becoming uninspired, they have decided to go back to a time when they were just starting off -- thus Shiver and Red which sound like older material. The band wants to start anew and start a new path, and this is indicative of it.

2. Contractual agreements with Sony could also play a role in their incredibly poppy singles. Case in point: their B Sides. The bands B sides (Hesitating Means Death, Naraku, Vermin, An Unbearable Fact) are some of the best material the band has ever written. It shows a strong maturation in the bands' sound, and a breath of fresh air. This is the band experimenting with what their next album is going to sound like, where as the A sides are just things to keep the MAJOR MARKET happy and Sony happy as well.

Other than contractual agreements, the band has full artistic control over their music, so no...they're not "blatantly uninspired"

^ heh, I stand corrected. "blatently uninspired" was a poor choice of words on my part. I didn't specify this in my post, but I was mostly referring to the title tracks when I said that. So I'm opting to call the singles (title tracks) "uninteresting" instead, since they are indeed revisiting previous styles (stuff that we've more or less heard before) and/or appealing to the mainstream.

Hmm.. the NIL ballads were good as well, but STACKED RUBBISH has my favorite ballad, so there. (Chizuru)

let me just say that with their latest single I checked what I had feared ... they are lacking originality, obviously something has changed in this band since they got mayor. or, for saying better, since DIM. but well, I'm still a fan of them although they are not what they were.

"lacking originality" this term has become a title that people just throw around when they don't like something. The band isn't lacking originality, if anything they're just in a writing slump. Every band goes through this, and it in no way assumes that they're lacking originality.

But yeah, pledge was mediocre.

i understand what you're saying. what's your point. and yes it's a process that they're doing, maybe "coming back to the roots" it can be noticed in Shiver, better in Red. but on what i based my comment, was on those femile choirs in The true morderous... and Voiceless fear. for me it's not an original way to coming back to the "old times" -cos it worked well in Leech and Filth in the beauty but, for me, not this time. maybe i was expecting something heavier, maybe that they move beyong DIM. but well it's not a big deal for making a deep analisis of this. i just wanted to explain myself better.

The gazette tokyo dome is trending now on twitter, top 3. So good for them to get acknowledgement.

At least curious people will click on it to see why it's trending. :mrgreen:

yay for trending on twitter lol.

Go Gazette.

I'm honestly happy they are experimenting with new/ old styles. too many bands are scared to attempt some type of change. at least Gazette can never say we didnt try. :D they are always trying and working really hard. Im happy for them. I think their softer stuff is really good. yes its more mainstream but I dunno its hard to explain. it makes me feel calm and at ease when i hear there softer stuff.

I do miss some of the heavier stuff. :wub: but all in all lacking in originality i would say no .

I do think they should take some time to relax and have fun. but making music is fun for them so keep going guys. keep striving for that future in which we can all walk together. :wub:

lol yup im lame ahahha

I seriously hope the 3rd disc of the dvd is something worth spending 87 euros, lol. But I'll wait until ohp updates about it come out anyway. :°D