fitear1590

CD Shop questions

Does anyone know if you order 3 or 4 CD's from japan under the €22 euro value together (like: A CD from €12, one from €10, one from €15 and one from €18 for example) , do you still need to pay the customs or not? ;o

I'm not so familiar with such order, since I always order 1 thing -lol- but I just want to make sure before making a big order with values under €22,- ^^

^ Yes, because the total package worth will be those counted together. This will result in a package of 55 euros + (assuming you use EMS) 13 euros shipping = 68 euros (they also count shipping for customs). If you order this, prepare for around 25 euros in customs. I would know.

I though they might check each value seperate to get no customs, but it seems it's not (was to good to be true xD)

Anyway, thanks!

Then I know what to do for now~ :P

Guest Magatsu

nope that's not true.

you can. it really doesn't matter.

because it's per item.

so yes you can oder 3 items as so long they write down the value of each item.

Guest Magatsu

yeah otherwise I had to pay for way more things.

nope that's not true.

you can. it really doesn't matter.

because it's per item.

so yes you can oder 3 items as so long they write down the value of each item.

Eh no it ís the complete order including shipping that determines if you have to pay taxes, I've had that happen before. You just don't always get caught.

Guest Magatsu

eh.. then they did change that ¬_¬

last year.. it was just.. per item -.-

eh.. then they did change that ¬_¬

last year.. it was just.. per item -.-

I'm going to properly look this up now seeing as I haven't made any big orders in the past year and am now thourougly confused..

im sure its the total. i order something every few weeks and i paid customs fees a few times this year and the customs bill was always for the total price.

and it was always like that (at least here in germany)

It would make no sense if it was per item, people would order huge amounts of cheap things and sell them for higher prices without paying the taxes and customs this way...

Guest Magatsu

it was like that in holland.

but the samples how you can check how much you should pay. are changed..

xd,, thank you economic crissis.

Just received a mail from CDjapan with a 2-3weeks delay on a CD I ordered '___') [although they say on their website that they'd usually ship within 3-7 days]

Anyone knows if it's worth to wait? (I'm not really familiar with delays from CDjapan since I usually pre-order stuff (a) but after reading some experience here and seeing it could even take longer or even have to cancel it, I don't know what to do O __ O ; )

Guest Magatsu

just send a tweet to CDjapan to ask them more information.

Just received a mail from CDjapan with a 2-3weeks delay on a CD I ordered '___') [although they say on their website that they'd usually ship within 3-7 days]

Anyone knows if it's worth to wait? (I'm not really familiar with delays from CDjapan since I usually pre-order stuff (a) but after reading some experience here and seeing it could even take longer or even have to cancel it, I don't know what to do O __ O ; )

I've had a CDJ delay before and after the three week mark, they emailed me again saying that it was out of print with the manufacturer.

However, if the release is a fairly recent (like within the past two years) or fairly popular one, I'd endure the wait and they'll probably get some copies in stock within that time period. If it doesn't fit that criteria, I would go ahead and cancel just because you'll most likely be sitting around waiting for nothing, tbh.

I posted about the exactly same situation now, with what they replied to me. I think you should cancel the cd and not wait this much for nothing.

More of a question for digital music: does anyone know about this "dwango.jp" website?

There's a song I want to listen to from there, but I think the site only caters to people with android phones...

Can anyone confirm this? If so, are their any alternatives or is that the only way?

I went there with my iPod, a huge "iPhone" thing showed, so I clicked that, then it told me to choose between au and SoftBank, so I guess you need a Japanese cell phone.

Thanks for the responses! :)

Anyway, it seems my copy is now in shipping progress *(^_^))/* can't be more happier than this xD

@Linh-san: I've had lots of those delays from cdjapan, had a delay last month on a CD and it said up to three weeks but i received the delayed cd in a week, so sometimes they get it sooner than they expect.

I used to do pre-orders from Closet Child, which meant just sending an e-mail to them telling them which CDs I wanted, but I seem to have lost their address.

Plus, I think they changed their ordering system for overseas people.

Can anyone tell me if they still let you pre-order unlisted things by e-mailing (or at least asking if they will be able to get you a CD)? If so, what's the e-mail address?

I don't know if they do that or not, but at least you can try. I found this mail address on the web: [email protected]

I've also got this mail adress from when I bought some xTRiPx stuff there: [email protected] (I'd try this first because I think it's for english-speaking people)

I think you can also make an inquiry from the website at the top right, where it says "お問い合わせ"

I hope this helps you xD

I used to do pre-orders from Closet Child, which meant just sending an e-mail to them telling them which CDs I wanted, but I seem to have lost their address.

Plus, I think they changed their ordering system for overseas people.

Can anyone tell me if they still let you pre-order unlisted things by e-mailing (or at least asking if they will be able to get you a CD)? If so, what's the e-mail address?

They changed the ordering system for overseas. Info here: http://www.closetchild-cd.jp/page/5. Don't e-mail them for order inquiries.