fitear1590

CD Shop questions

^ LOL yeah, I heard about them sometimes forgetting stuff. :lol: I never had such experiences with them so far though. Actually, just in case, I always write an e-mail to them a few days before the release date asking something trivial/anything about that item, then they 100% won't forget to ship it (this "tactic" was succesful so far :D).

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread but yeah.

I was planning on ordering a tshirt and a hoodie from NeoTokyo, does anybody have any idea on the what sizes they follow? They have the regular S, M, L and XL but I have no idea whether it follows UK/Europe sizes, Japanese sizes or American sizes and I'd much rather not find out the hard way as I did when I spent £25 on an -OZ- t-shirt only to find it was in Japanese sizes (the XL is like a medium in UK sizes)

Also, I have general question about the website anyway, how good are they? They have some good CDs that I can't find on CDJapan and YesAsia for quite cheap. Do they do fakes or is everything the real deal? And how fast and reliable is their shipping?

What if we made a sticky topic listing CD shops with information about them? Also instructions regarding how to use shopping services? An easy to find sticky topic with all the information in one place might be a great resource for some people. :D

And after reading about JrockTV, maybe a warning list of shading stores for people to avoid and also info on bootlegs and how to spot them. Japanese CDs are already pricey and I'd be pissed if I ended up paying Japanese prices for a bootleg y'know?

Hm, I probably could come up with something. Thanks for your suggestion. :D Maybe this weekend I'll work on it.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread but yeah.

I was planning on ordering a tshirt and a hoodie from NeoTokyo, does anybody have any idea on the what sizes they follow? They have the regular S, M, L and XL but I have no idea whether it follows UK/Europe sizes, Japanese sizes or American sizes and I'd much rather not find out the hard way as I did when I spent £25 on an -OZ- t-shirt only to find it was in Japanese sizes (the XL is like a medium in UK sizes)

Also, I have general question about the website anyway, how good are they? They have some good CDs that I can't find on CDJapan and YesAsia for quite cheap. Do they do fakes or is everything the real deal? And how fast and reliable is their shipping?

A few people I know have ordered there before, and everything arrived perfectly, so I think they are quite reliable. They also sell tickets for J-Rock concerts, only the shipping costs are kind of killing if you don't live in Germany. The sizes are regular European sizes btw. What I am surprised at is the price of the rather unique cd's they have, since NeoTokyo is known for its high prices. I'd inform about that a bit more if I were you. The website is reilable, but the prizes sound a bit fishy.

^ I have mixed experiences with ordering from NeoTokyo. They are really good and reliable when ordering tickets to German shows, but CDs...I don't know. I only tried to order a CD from them once, but didn't get anything (I wasn't charged for it or anything, thank god xD), not even a notice like "oh sorry, it's out-of-stock". But that was yeeaars~ ago, maybe now they're reliable, or maybe mine was just a special case, dunno. :lol:

I got some of my CDs from Neo Tokyo,

but i didn't do the over seas shipping xD

I asked them to send the package to a friend that were visiting Germany,

and then him to me. He had to wait couple of days before it arrives to his hotel.

He was in Dusseldorf that time.

The CD is legit, mainly are the EU version from Gan-shin, and the other one EU label.

So no worries about it, is not bootlegs.

Thanks for the answers guys!

So the only problem with the CDs is that they're a bit expensive and they may not have them in stock? The CD I want is a lot cheaper than it would be if I ordered it from Japan though, even with the extra shipping. I assume the shipping would be cheaper if I bought it together with the hoodie and tshirt though right?

Hopefully they give best service of shipping as quick as they will !

I have tried Brand-x... it take ages (sometimes) ,

and their shipping charge is expensive ...

same as Closetchild-CD , and cdjapan ...

Is here any nice VKCD online Store with free (or really really low) shipping to EU??

Yesasia has free shipping, but that is slow as CDjapan (usually 3 weeks)

Yay , I forgot to mention yesasia ,

they are free shipping ... but very slow !!

And they dont have what I wan to buy too >︷<

If you're looking for indies-VK, then Brand-X and Closet Child are your best bets: although their shipping is kinda pricey, the stuff always arrived to me in 2-4 days for example.

CDJapan is a bit better maybe shipping price-wise, as you can choose more (cheaper) types of shipping options.

Yesasia is good if you'd like to buy more popular stuff, since you can choose free shipping over $40. But be careful, they're kind of crap sometimes (if you see that an item "ships in 7 to 14 days" or something like that, then it basically means they don't have it and can't obtain it either...ruined a few of my orders).

If the total price of all the items you wanna buy is at least 40$, then yes, you'll get free shipping. :) But be warned, I had some frustrating experiences with them: as I observed if it's written next to an item "usually available in 7-14 days" (or something like that), then in 80% of the cases that means it'll be out-of-print most likely. So I only use them to order K-pop stuff, they're pretty reliable in that department.

By the way, there's already a thread for these kinds of questions.

Thanks, rock/vk cds i wanted to buy, so i'm what to do now, xD.

I'll go look through that thread now, didnt expect it to be in the general section.

EDIT: That thread had everything i needed to know, thanks Jigsaw.

LOL Masa wtf xDDD

Anyway, so far I had good experiences with Yesasia, yet they blocked my creditcard because the creditcard company gave us our money back for some difficult reason xD My friend ordered a VK cd for himself and for me there two weeks ago and it took less than a week to deliver WITH free shipping :)

@Jigsaw: I did say in the first post i was thick, xD.

@Sai: I'm just gonna try it then, the free shipping is just too tempting. :)

Just curious, what's the longest it's ever taken for a CD to get shipped to you, with the SAL (slowest) shipping method from CDJapan?

I know it says it takes 1-3 weeks (UP to 12 weeks). I've been using this method recently since the dollar/yen ratio blows and I can't afford to waste money on slightly faster shipping. Usually, my SAL shipments arrived in about a week and a half or 2 weeks max. For this current package, it's almost been a month and I'm still waiting. I know, I have 2 more months before I can officially worry, but still...

Anyone ever had to wait super long using SAL?

The longest I've had to wait was a little under two months. Sometimes it just takes longer than others. I don't think there's any need to worry yet :P