fitear1590

CD Shop questions

Two questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced closet-child taking forever as fuck with orders? I mentioned something about it in the random thoughts thread and I guess gekijou has a similar problem, so I'm curious if this is a common issue. I wonder if they have taken on this new initiative to ignore all English e-mails as well as procrastinate with overseas orders.

I don't know how much are they taking for you, but I remember last time I ordered something I had to wait like a week after paying the CD for them to ship it. I guess they're short on English speaking staff or something

I don't know how much are they taking for you, but I remember last time I ordered something I had to wait like a week after paying the CD for them to ship it. I guess they're short on English speaking staff or something

It took them 10 days to send a payment invoice. I paid for the order last Wed.; nothing's happened so far. For all I know, they either shipped it already and forgot to e-mail me the tracking number, or the box is sitting in the main office with a stack of overseas orders and all the employees cackle as the walk past/contribute to said pile.

But in all seriousness, it's good to know I'm not the only one getting delayed.

On the closet child note, I recall they had to reduce their staff (most likely due to economic reasons)

So they're short on staff in general.

Last time I bought something from Arithmetica it took over a month to arrive because HOLY SHIT I HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN OVER A MONTH AND A HALF -___-

How often do you buy from yourself?

This is my first time preordering from Brand X. I preordered two CDs and one CD that was already released.

Paid for them. They were released yesterday, and usually Brand X has been good about telling me when they ship orders and giving me the tracking number. But haven't heard from them. Emailed them. Do they sometimes forget to tell you they've shipped orders?

This is my first time preordering from Brand X. I preordered two CDs and one CD that was already released.

Paid for them. They were released yesterday, and usually Brand X has been good about telling me when they ship orders and giving me the tracking number. But haven't heard from them. Emailed them. Do they sometimes forget to tell you they've shipped orders?

Yes, they frequently forget to give you the tracking number. Just wait for them to answer, and you should soon receive your shipment. :)

Yes, they frequently forget to give you the tracking number. Just wait for them to answer, and you should soon receive your shipment. :)

Thank you!! :D

Ok monochromiums, what shopping services do you know (besides FJ)? Something serious, maybe less cheaper and who doesn't racket people?

I want to buy shit but, I am very nervous to order via FJ again... what's your solutions?

Ok monochromiums, what shopping services do you know (besides FJ)? Something serious, maybe less cheaper and who doesn't racket people?

I want to buy shit but, I am very nervous to order via FJ again... what's your solutions?

First there's Tenso (http://www.tenso.com), but it's rather just a package forwarding service than a shopping service. You will still need to be able to purchase the goods yourself, and then you can ship them to Tenso, which will ship them to you. 

@Seimeisen just recently linked me to Zenmarket (http://zenmarket.jp/), but I have no idea how they work.

I haven't tried either one of them, so I can't really tell you anything else about them :D

Lol I told Seimei about ZenMarket. I just bought something on an auction through them so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

So far I can say they have pretty good communication and reasonable fees. All in all I ended up paying 1660Y more (which includes 300Y fee, 200-ish domestic shipping, 180Y-ish bank fee, 780Y-ish airmail small packet shipping.

Just curious, was your experience with them bad? I just heard about them through Seimeisen and apparently they've been around for a bit. I'm curious to try them though.

Just curious, was your experience with them bad? I just heard about them through Seimeisen and apparently they've been around for a bit. I'm curious to try them though.

No it's wasn't bad. They always answered my questions by mail. It was long tho. But, I have a problem with the charges...I bought only 1 DVD (it was my first order ever), so I paid the charge 1, that wasn't so expensive so I was like fuck yeah! and then later I received the charge 2...the shipping costs was high as fuck, for 1 only fucking DVD oO and I have a problem with the policy "If you don't pay us within 3 days, we will add fees each day" (something like that) and the fact that when you buy something, you just don't know these costs at first! Oh well, there is their shipping calculator but it's shit. AND I got custom fees. For 1 DVD. I want to know what it will cost me first ffs. Because if I want to buy several items, I want to know if it will not cost me the head's eyes (french expression).

My problem is, I want to buy some shit but only available via mail order (the fuckery). I don't know what to do. I guess I will have to use FJ again...this seriously kills me.

eiheartx, on 21 May 2015 - 9:50 PM, said:

[...] and then later I received the charge 2...the shipping costs was high as fuck, for 1 only fucking DVD oO [...]

My problem is, I want to buy some shit but only available via mail order (the fuckery). I don't know what to do. I guess I will have to use FJ again...this seriously kills me.

Not uncommon fuckery with FJ. They put two CDs in this big box, just so they could charge more for shipping! -___-

HKdQ9LXl.jpg

If it's possible to pay with credit/debit card (or even PayPal if you're lucky), I'd suggest trying out Tenso, but FJ is pretty much your best option if you're ordering from a store that only offers COD, bank transfer, or whatever else.

Maybe consider ordering more than just one item, or if you do, let it sit in the FJ warehouse for awhile (you have up to a month) instead of paying charge 2 immediately, that way you have some time to save up for the shipping.

Ahh that sucks. Looks like I probably won't use them a lot, if at all, then. Yeah, I hate it when people aren't clear from the beginning how much extra you'll be paying and you end up paying the head's eyes (sorry, Couldn't resist : P I love it. I also know "Je n'ai pas de temps"!)

Ahhh mail order. Hate those releases. Closet Child might have it sometime. I saw sukekiyo's Vitium and Immortalis fan club mail order editions there so there's a chance something like that might pop up.

That's ridiculous! For 2 CDS???? You can fit a small mammal in there. With enough food to last a week......just poke some air holes....

Anyways, thanks for sharing your guys' (guy's?) experience.

The only thing you have to worry about with Tenso is that they charge a package combining fee. I often use them to order from PureSound because it lets me buy things straight from the store and not have to deal with waiting on emails or w/e. Last time I made a PS order though, the items were split between the Osaka and Tokyo PS shops, so they arrived at Tenso's warehouse as two packages. My options at that point were either to ship the two packages separately to myself or pay a 500 yen package combining fee x_x

Last time I made a PS order though, the items were split between the Osaka and Tokyo PS shops, so they arrived at Tenso's warehouse as two packages. My options at that point were either to ship the two packages separately to myself or pay a 500 yen package combining fee x_x

Wow, that's kind of lame. Well, actually, I can understand that; that extra $4 pays for them to put the packages in a single box, I suppose? I still don't really like the application fee and the fact that each package is ¥300 to consolidate, instead of ¥500 being a flat rate, but oh well.

Anyone who is curious: Tenso's package consolidation page

I don't have any questions atm, but I just found an old website that I've already used to buy a webshop DVD and others things, and I think it could interest you guys, if you don't already know it:

http://mukunoki-jp.net/

I try to simulate an order, to see the prices, but even if you ask for an estimation, you have to confirm (or idk, maybe you have to wait for an email and their estimation, I didn't went this far). You can also find pictures of their shipping methods (thumbs%20.gif) and numerous feedbacks with pictures ( :thumbs: too)
I've found old emails from them, I apparently placed an order in nov 2008. I'm gonna add the details here, and you guys can have an idea of the prices:

*price                                     

2000YEN
3500YEN
700YEN

* Bank fee                               
300YEN x3

*shipping cost                           

600YEN  unknown

From seller/shop to my place   
600YEN
800YEN  unknown

*shipping cost                         

1800YEN  unknown
From Japan to your country

*total weight                              500G  
 *Shipping method:                    EMS

TOTAL                                   10900YEN
 Service fee   23%           2507YEN

Notice
******************************************************************************************************************************************************** 
*TOTAL PRICE (shipping cost)MAY CHANGE.
*If you won less than max bid,  then of course, the total estimation price would change
*I will send invoice when you have me win the specific items, If it was not won/obtainable, I will not send you the invoice
*And please notice payment is due IN FOUR DAYS.
 *********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Special info

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Are you afraid of to lose parcels?

You you can add 450YEN with shipping cost

Mukunoki sends your air mail parcels by registered Air mail Parcels

^ isn't 23% service fee pretty high though? :o

so far the 200yen per item fee of FromJapan is the most reasonable, except i'm also trying to find alternative shopping services ever since they demonstrated zero commitment to providing any sort of customer service.

Does anyone know if Jishuban Club ships overseas? 

yes they do. you'll have to email them so they can set up an account for you with your international shipping address.

yes they do. you'll have to email them so they can set up an account for you with your international shipping address.

Awesome! Thank you! Do I have to email them in Japanese or is English fine?