Trombe

chariots live-limited single "閃光(senkou)" release

chariots live-limited single "閃光(senkou)" will be released at their live since their presents live "more glitch reception vol.1" at Ikebukuro EDGE at 2016/04/15 (1,500yen)

[track list]
01.閃光(senkou)
02.words no freedom

their live-distributed booklet will be provided if presenting their distributed single "棘咎(togetoga)" at their presents live at 2016/04/15

I was never overly fond of chariots (tbh they always seemed like a lame knock-off of Phantasmagoria without the creativity), but this PV track sounds decent enough. Too bad they only seem to be churning out these new songs one at a time, and in limited availability.

Really liking the PV track a lot. I'd honestly prefer them to release music one at a time so they focus on polishing their work. The limited quantity sucks, especially it being live limited, but better to have good music than songs that sound messy at a time.

Hmm... I've gotta agree about this one sounding rather harsh, at least comparatively. It's... different and slightly heavier than what I'm used to hearing from, say, HISKAREA or Phantasmagoria, though. I like it.

This is what chariots have sounded like since 2007, with the exception of griever (which is, in my honest opinion, the only good release they have, the rest was all rather messy and mediocre). I do not quite understand why it comes as such a surprise that they sound harsh and unpolished, and it is almost as if a lot of people are impervious to the fact that they have been around for this long already (and this particular lineup has also been a steady formation for a while too), but perhaps it is simply because they were never as successful as Phantasmagoria or 凛 and stayed somewhat under the radar.

Either way, I am glad Riku is still around and that fans seem to be re-discovering him, even though chariots isn't something I would prefer over his projects together with Kisaki. It sounds a lot rougher and rawer and simply isn't my thing, and takes a long time to grow on me.

SET-LIST at 2016/03/13:

01.棘咎(togetoga)
02.シュガーパウダー(sugar powder)
03.Rosy
04.killing advisory
05.the room 4 play
06.亜種(ashu)
07.dilettante
08.邪(ja)
09.reversal
10.トリガー(trigger)

EN1
01.Revelations (VII-Sense)
02.-9- (UnsraW)
03.Triskaidekaphobia

CdcH-toUkAAu-3a.jpg

The band succumbed to today's Visual Kei. I was never a huge Chariots' fan but I like their older style.

If you heard some of Riku's screams during his final year in 凛 (during their live perfomances), you'd say it's pretty clear that this is the sole direction he wanted to head into, aha.

SET-LIST at 2016/03/31 (「c」 last live):

01.棘咎(togetoga)
03.邪(ja)
04.Triskaidekaphobia

If you heard some of Riku's screams during his final year in 凛 (during their live perfomances), you'd say it's pretty clear that this is the sole direction he wanted to head into, aha.

Oh Yeah! he have a perfect growl/scream **

SET-LIST at 2016/04/15:

01.棘咎(togetoga)
03.閃光(senkou)
04.亜種(ashu)
05.邪(ja)
06.Triskaidekaphobia
07.トリガー(trigger)

they will hold KAZ birthday mini one-man live "Birth of KARMA" at Ebisu club aim at 2016/08/19

SET-LIST at 2016/05/20:

01.棘咎(togetoga)
03.閃光(senkou)
04.亜種(ashu)
05.邪(ja)
06.Triskaidekaphobia
07.トリガー(trigger)