plastic_rainbow

Favorite SE/instrumental tracks?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a thread for this. Being a lover of instrumentals and ost's in general, I tend to love SE/instrumental tracks just as much the band's usual material. And by SE/instrumental tracks I am referring to bands who sometimes slip in SE tracks at the beginning of an ep or album to set the mood, or lengthier instrumental tracks with no actual lyrics, or minimal vocals that bands don't usually do. Obviously, this is not a thread for bands who mainly write instrumental tracks. ^^

And this is not limited to VK bands only. With that being said, I'll start off with a few of my favorites.

AvelCain - Sonzai Riyuu

I'm a huge sucker for pianos, and even more when it's a dark and melancholic tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVF0hC0MGFA

Lycaon - into the dark

This feels sort of like a nice reverie. More lovely pianos come into play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH8O2L2beo0

DEZERT - 26ji no reitouko

Another really good piano track, I told you I'm a sucker for pianos, haha. Calm and soothing with the raindrops in the background.

Plastic Tree - ―――Anten。

This sounds like a really nice post-rock song.

NoGod - Aozora

A lengthy instrumental track with sick guitars.

the piqnic - Unheard

Downright creepy, but awesome at the same time.

What are some of your favorite SE/instrumental tracks?

Megamasso - s.k.1 ← this is my favourite! So ethereal, I could listen to it on repeat
MEJIBRAY - IDEA, COPERNICUS
ClearVeil - drop a Veil
Phantasmagoria - Seeds of Brain, actuality
D - 光の庭
the GazettE - NIHIL
MASK - 無題
凛-the end of corruption world- - Mist in Reminisce

I'm just doing SEs and interludes because if I did all instrumentals I'd have a super long list.

Here are some of my favorites (not including like every baroque inst./SE thingy since they're all super cool:

ネオン LIVE SE

MiLK - SE

NEXX - cap:cell(inst.)

abingdon boys school - nocturne

EVE - super nova (this is the only yt video that features it)

圭 - autophobia

DIV - interlude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzovLLkv-j0

FENRIL - The ceremony

レイラ - SE-久遠-

Acid Black Cherry - ~comes~ (I get teary listening to this)

DOWNER - Since

First of all. 摩天楼オペラ's FANTASIA. This is good. Real good.

Seconding 凛's Mist in Reminisce and D's 光の庭.

And then Moran's Scent of Dream, also The GazettE's CODA.

ClearVeil - drop a Veil

This is actually one of my least favorites, haha. I feel like they could've done something better. Love this band though~

ケミカルピクチャース - Schwarzwald

Omgg, I totally forgot about this one! I love it so much! <3

Cool idea for a thread! SE tracks are one of the [many] things that made me love VK. I found them to be so dramatic and self-involved, almost decadent (tho now I realize a lot of them are just a way to beef up tracklists without spending much $$ lol).

Phobia - ミ・ミ・ナ・リ (MI・MI・NA・RI)

I also love the song “Replica” from the same mini-album (COUNSELING), which could be considered an SE, tho it has spoken word on top. I think I listened to those two SE tracks more than the proper songs.

Dué le quartz - (untitled secret SE tracks)

Both of these were from their LAST TITLE single. The first is a normal SE, which I've always found cool. The second is a “marimba” medley of the band's top songs. Very pretty, and sentimental.

Madeth gray'll - Seimei no Shuuen (生命の終焉)

Obvi. VK version of “My Favorite Things”, which I've always thought was hilarious.

VIDOLL (ヴィドール) - PISAROTO AFTER SEX (ピサロトアフターセックス)

Short and sweet! VIDOLL had a number of good SEs, but I always thought this one was funny.

Mar'derayla (マーディレイラ) - rest of insects

Another band with great SEs! This end of this one is so compelling―I always wished it was a full song :(

I could go on forever, but I'ma stop

Canzel - Futures Word ( So magically nostalgic it hurts)

NEGA - Endroll

Grieva - SE ( Zetsubou No Asa)

Halienju - Kagerou (Piano Version)

DI3SIRAE - distort

(and more that I can't think of atm)

Madeth gray'll - Seimei no Shuuen (生命の終焉)

Obvi. VK version of “My Favorite Things”, which I've always thought was hilarious.

Haha, I've wondered if Japanese people instantly recognized that the way I do and laughed as well.

Some SEs I like:

I think Grieva are generally pretty good at SEs... their two with 'type' in the title I really dig.

Surprised no one has mentioned the 'Shinsou' bits on Deg's Kisou; I don't skip them when I spin that album.

I'll also add the first track from Sleep My Dear's Move, it sounds like it could've been fleshed out into a great shoegaze song. (no surprise then that Move also has a track called 'L-ve:Less' heh)

as far as instrumentals go I love all of baroque instrumentals of course. baroque's SE, unless they changed it, is lord of the myanmar.

I personally really like Souiumono's ragnarok SE. Their old SE was ok but ragnarok is way better.

Sel'm's SE, Rebirth, is also nice. 

Minus Jin-Say Orchestara's 登場 is probably my favorite though as far as SEs go.

It's fun, catchy and we generally freak out those who have never seen MJO before because we all turn around at one point

I think those are the only SEs that I really remember out of all the bands I've seen..oops.

Blast - untitled track from 緋い領域

Derail - Sepia

Memento Mori - 狂鳴余興

Lamiel - 開眼

Avelcain - 贖罪

Avelcan - 数謳

Eliphas Levi - 予感ハ呪イトトモニ

Eliphas Levi - 第七の悲劇

Born - -A.H.M-

Syndrome - Fiction

Kagrra - 京

I'm pretty sure there isn't a thread for this. Being a lover of instrumentals and ost's in general, I tend to love SE/instrumental tracks just as much the band's usual material. And by SE/instrumental tracks I am referring to bands who sometimes slip in SE tracks at the beginning of an ep or album to set the mood, or lengthier instrumental tracks with no actual lyrics, or minimal vocals that bands don't usually do. Obviously, this is not a thread for bands who mainly write instrumental tracks. ^^

And this is not limited to VK bands only. With that being said, I'll start off with a few of my favorites.

NoGod - Aozora

A lengthy instrumental track with sick guitars.

What are some of your favorite SE/instrumental tracks?

Holy crap I had no idea NoGod was this good at guitar, what album is this from?  I must have it.

Jadoll - 昨夜、鼓膜ハ鳴リ巳ンダ (Album: アンパトリオティックパーサ)

Jadoll - 最後の想い出 (Unplugged inst. ver) (Album: Final anthology Since 2003~2006)

Re:dis - SE (Album: Rock your spirit)

Wizard - 旅人は木漏れ日 (Album: DIVINE)

@plastic_rainbow  Thanks, I downloaded the album and listened to it in it's entirety, it was quite good!

Here's one of my favorite instrumentals that I blast all the time when I'm driving, it's got that sweet energy:

Adding onto my list~ But before that, I'd second all of baroque's SE's (lord of the myanmar, rump, redbird) and Kei's autophobia. as well.

FAKE? - Are You Out There? (x)

FAKE? - Belong (x)

kannivalism - another world

kannivalism - a growth ring scroll (x)

L'eprica - FALL ~prologue~ (x)

Since1889 - [†] of Screamer (x) (first half of the video)

the god and death stars - dawn of the god

Himitsu Kessha Codomo A - OP (x)

Himitsu Kessha Codomo A - CODOMO START (x)

Edited by plastic_rainbow

I really like CODA from the GazettE. The transition from TO DAZZLING DARKNESS is done perfectly. But if that doesn't count since there are a few vocals then I would have to say PEOPLE ERROR.