SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Finally started The Executioner chapter from The Evil Within and am rather disappointed that it's played in first person view because I get motion sickness quite easily. I cannot play for more than 1-2 hours. :/

I do think it's fitting for the character being played though, but I'm still sad that I can't enjoy the experience twice as much.

^ How is Rise of the Tomb Raider puzzle-wise? I played the previous game that came out and finished it in twelve or so hours because it was so very easy and didn't present a challenge at all. I didn't get this one out of pre-caution. I am rather bummed about how they treated the series because they essentially just turned into single-player shooter-survival games without the need for insight. In the first three or so games you could literally spend days upon days on figuring out certain puzzles or orders in which you had to progress through a room.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. To answer your question, the major puzzles only comes when you find a tomb to raid, so like 10ish actual puzzles. I only got stumped twice, both times it was just a gameplay mechanic that wasn't obvious. Since you played the previous one, think of this one as a bloated version of the previous one with a less compelling storyline. I finished the previous one as well in less than 12 hours mainly due to the pacing of the game and the story. This one doesn't have that as they had to focus in allowing the player to explore areas to scavenge and hunt. The game isn't a survival game at all, scavenging and hunting only allows you to gain XP and items to craft weapon upgrades. I played the game on normal and it was too easy but it might be due to me using a mouse so headshots are extremely easy and also there are bunch of skills that allows you to breeze past almost all of the action. The action is quite underwhelming tbh, most of my time is spent exploring. 

I wouldn't recommend it unless it's on sale. Although the first DLC "Yaga Baba" was actually really good. 

Playing Hitman all day since it came out. Pretty fun stuff and definitely a step above from Absolution. Despite the performance issues on PC some people are encountering and the drama over the "episodic" format, I can say that the game is pretty fun and I'm having a good time experimenting and checking out all the little secrets. :D

Also in the middle of my Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin 100% playthrough, and is also my first time playing the SOTFS content which has been pretty wonderful so far.

I'm currently playing Megaman 8.... i'm on the first Wily Fortress stage now. All I can hear in my mind is ''JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE! JUMP!''  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm still binge-playing Witcher 3, I really want to get it over with so I can play something else. Looks like I've got 2 big main quests left, hopefully I will finish it tomorrow. Thus far, I'm really impressed with the quality of the writing, even in some random side quests, and graphics, even though I'm playing on PS4 not PC. I wish I had more time to read through all the books and letters since the world is quite interesting. I feel a bit bad for leaving so many points of interest untouched, but I just can't spend 200 hours doing everything.. ;_;

By the way, I know some people complain about the combat and movement.. I don't have any problems with the combat cuz I'm just playing on easy and it's fine. The movement is a bit of an issue, especially when I need to position myself *just* right to loot a crate with candles on top of it.. that's probably my biggest complaint about the game. Stop putting candles on top of everything!! T_T

I'm still binge-playing Witcher 3, I really want to get it over with so I can play something else. Looks like I've got 2 big main quests left, hopefully I will finish it tomorrow. Thus far, I'm really impressed with the quality of the writing, even in some random side quests, and graphics, even though I'm playing on PS4 not PC. I wish I had more time to read through all the books and letters since the world is quite interesting. I feel a bit bad for leaving so many points of interest untouched, but I just can't spend 200 hours doing everything.. ;_;

By the way, I know some people complain about the combat and movement.. I don't have any problems with the combat cuz I'm just playing on easy and it's fine. The movement is a bit of an issue, especially when I need to position myself *just* right to loot a crate with candles on top of it.. that's probably my biggest complaint about the game. Stop putting candles on top of everything!! T_T

Most of the people who complain about the combat in Witcher are people who want it's combat to be like Dark Souls or Bloodborne, and when their expectations are way too high they crash and burn in a fit of rage... I've seen so many posts comparing Witcher 3 to Bloodborne it's ridiculous. People saying that they can't get into Witcher 3 because the combat is not as polished and fluid as Bloodborne so they just don't play the game because Bloodbourne supposedly has "ruined" them... My advice just do you man and enjoy whatever you enjoy lol. Also if you haven't already, there's an option in the menus called "alternative movement" I believe... it basically makes the out of combat movement so much more bearable imo.

personal Rant incoming... please ignore

Look I'm a huge fan of the soulsbourne games and if you were to ask me out of the two which game has the better combat system then I would definitely tell you Bloodbourne, but Witcher does so many other things better than Bloodbourne so I really don't get the deal. People act like they can't enjoy other games because of soulsbourne franchise and I honestly feel like it's so stupid to say that it has ruined you xD Are seriously trying to tell me that you want to play the same exact style of game for the rest of your life? Miyazaki is a genius and his games are just as magnificent, especially the way he goes about storytelling and world building, but if he sticks to the same formula without deviating or trying something new then eventually down the line it's gonna get old and hes gonna lose fan support  no matter how much we like his current and recent entries.

I guess what I'm trying to say is take a second and branch out to other games and keep n open mind instead of comparing every new game with your personal favorite to try to find things that aren't as good, or reasons not to play.

^ Yeah actually I have seen the same thing. It's a dumb argument. They are different systems in different types of games. I personally can't comment, because I've never played Bloodborne/Souls.. I've seen "let's play"-type videos and I know it's not something I would enjoy (I can't stand having to re-do a lot of stuff every time I die, which is why I play most games on easier difficulties).

I did turn on alternative movement shortly after starting the game, but I don't remember feeling that much of a difference.

^ Yeah actually I have seen the same thing. It's a dumb argument. They are different systems in different types of games. I personally can't comment, because I've never played Bloodborne/Souls.. I've seen "let's play"-type videos and I know it's not something I would enjoy (I can't stand having to re-do a lot of stuff every time I die, which is why I play most games on easier difficulties).

I did turn on alternative movement shortly after starting the game, but I don't remember feeling that much of a difference.

really? you should try it out again maybe? if I remember correctly what it does is make out of combat movement more like how movement is when you're in combat (more responsive, not as clunky, etc.) when I was playing Witcher I remember liking it way more than the ordinary movement.

Been playing Venetica for a good while now and it's the most mediocre RPG I've ever bothered playing. I like the whole Venice focus since I've visited the location before and it is truly breathtaking, but this game fails in every other aspect so hard. I still ended up playing it for a good while somehow because while the storyline is typical and the gameplay is repetitive with no real benefits/improvements on leveling up, it's a simple one to kill time on. That is until it decides to make the first boss of a snake untouchable because of severe glitching... It reminds me of Skyrim if it had no budget, which I didn't even like playing anyway. xD

really? you should try it out again maybe? if I remember correctly what it does is make out of combat movement more like how movement is when you're in combat (more responsive, not as clunky, etc.) when I was playing Witcher I remember liking it way more than the ordinary movement.

oh, I'm still using alternative, lol. this was a while ago, so I don't remember clearly, but I switched it on and off briefly at the beginning and didn't notice much difference. I knew why they patched in the alternative mode so I figured I should just keep using it.

Don't judge.

Finally got around to playing Uncharted finally... (yeah the first one) on PS4

WHAT THE FUCK THERE IS LIKE ZOMBIE THINGS?! WHAT! WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

wtf.

and played a little bit of FarCry Primal when I rented it.....seemed very addicting in the sense that I wanted to kill mammoths for hours. Shame...

Whoops beat Megaman 8, time to move on to Megaman X4 now... : ^ )

Tokage, MMX4 is probably my all-time favorite Mega Man game. The difference between X3 and X4 was night and day back when X4 first came out, and the graphics were beautiful. Not to mention being able to play as Zero for longer.  I really wish they would revive the series (for CONSOLES, not hand-held - same goes with Castlevania side-scrollers).

I just beat Chrono Trigger again for the first time since probably when I first got the SNES version in 1995.  Such an amazing and beautiful game.  Now I'm onto Chrono Cross again, as well as Castlevania Symphony of the Night.  Some of my favs!

Yeah, X4 is great, definitely my fav of the PS1-era Megaman games. Stunning how much better it generally is compared to MM8 as well. The music, the gameplay, bosses... Everything just works. Only downside is the ''bad '80s anime dub''-tier voice acting but eh, that was common back in the days lol

I started on Lords Of The Fallen, but... eh. (I got it because it's free this month with Xbox Gold)

It's clear I am not yet patient enough for this sort of fighting style in videogames because I am very used to just rushing in and destroying everything in my path with a few blows and basically just plowing through, and Lords Of The Fallen isn't even as extreme as the Dark Souls series as far as I know. I cannot even get past the first larger enemy and I have been trying for an hour, my fingers are cramped.

I'm currently playing Megaman 8.... i'm on the first Wily Fortress stage now. All I can hear in my mind is ''JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE! JUMP!''  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've broken controllers over the course of my many years playing that stage lol

x3 on X4. X5 is my shit doe. I still have the Tips&Tricks magazine with Megaman X5 on the cover, with a "how to" for all the Armors, including Ultimate Armor.

I changed my computer and finally got my hands on Samurai Warriors 4-2!

then, I've been playing SuperHot for three days, what an avant-garde plain white graphic with unique element of playing! such an innovative FPS!

and I'm addicted on Xonotic and Nexuiz recently, an open-source and free multiplayer very-fast-paced FPS, even quicker than Quake 3 and UT3!

download from their official website: http://www.xonotic.org    http://nexuiz.com

well, some of you may recommend Red Eclipse to me but I dunno what happened, just can't run .exe, wat da hell! Cube engine pixxed me off... even Cube 1 and 2 doesn't work... *sigh*

some screenshots of Xonotic from official website...

apace-ctf-2.jpg

stormkeep-dm.jpg

apace-ctf-3.jpg

as a Quaker and UTer, this is a must-play!

Can't really think of any thread to put this in, so i'll ask it here; peeps who use emulators, thoughts on savestates?

Asking becausei started playing Plok for SNES, that game looks cutesy as hell but gameplay-wise it's fucking HELL

Can't really think of any thread to put this in, so i'll ask it here; peeps who use emulators, thoughts on savestates?

Asking becausei started playing Plok for SNES, that game looks cutesy as hell but gameplay-wise it's fucking HELL

lol I have no idea what you're asking.

They're great to have, and you can have more than 10 at a time, depending on your software.

I use them, cuz I sure as hell don't want to start over in MegaMan Battle Network 4 haha.

Some games did not even come with a save point, like some of the early SNES/Genesis games, so it's beneficial.

yeah, not sure what you mean tokage, but yuyodrift sums most of it. it's super handy when you're playing a really hard game and need to save every so often. but be careful to not abuse it too much because sometimes you may save at a bad place, if you know what i mean. just make sure to have some backups i guess.

anyway, i started dark cloud last week, on the original ps2, and it's quite addicting so far. i really hate it when one of my weapons break though because that means i have to reset. :/

I'm a fairly casual gamer so I'm late on many releases... I'm currently playing Harvest Moon: Story of Seasons.

May be boring to many but hey, I love farming simulations