SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I was just curious what people's thoughts on using savestates were, some people consider it ''cheating'' to use emulator tools for instance.

I, for one, do use savestates in just about every emulator except for the PS1 one for some reason. Can't live without that turbo/speed up button when playing some older games either tbh

I was just curious what people's thoughts on using savestates were, some people consider it ''cheating'' to use emulator tools for instance.

I, for one, do use savestates in just about every emulator except for the PS1 one for some reason. Can't live without that turbo/speed up button when playing some older games either tbh

imo it really just depends on a game to game basis, like for instance I would never use save states on game like Dark Souls because so much of that game's experience hinges on the unforgiveness and permanent aspects of the mechanics that save states would totally destroy that game's core concept.... but I would totally use save states for other games like most JRPG's for instance, say I was farming a specific enemy for a specific drop then I would just pop a save state so I could more easily do that without wasting a whole bunch of time.

In my opinion as long as the use of save states aren't breaking the games core experience or concept then it should be totally fine.

What kind of game is Plok btw?

I just finished Game of Thrones (the Telltale game). In the beginning I was pretty into it, but then some stuff happened that was out of character, and it became apparent that no matter what I did, all the main characters were fucked. So I made it my mission to get as many of them killed as possible. Really good voice acting though. I love the accents in that series, and it's cool that they got the real actors to do voices for the game.

Up next.. ? Maybe Tales of Zestiria. Then I will get to work on one of these games that just arrived:

bWcRv0q.jpg

Meanwhile, still chipping away at Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on my Vita. This game has pacing problems, but the combat is alright. I don't think I will play another game in this series, though.

I'm a fairly casual gamer so I'm late on many releases... I'm currently playing Harvest Moon: Story of Seasons.

May be boring to many but hey, I love farming simulations

According to the internet in general, you should try out Stardew Valley. 

What kind of game is Plok btw?

Plok is one of those old-ass platformer games from the SNES era. Sort of follows the Rayman school of design where everything looks cutesy but then the game pins you to the wall and pounds your ass hard when you're not expecting it. Even the developers have supposedly admitted that they could've probably toned down the difficulty lol

I'm also playing Mega Man X6 at the same time... Damn, even after all those years, i can't BELIEVE how much of a broken piece of shit this game is lmao

Picked up Pillars of Eternity since I was looking for a new RPG to play. Seems pretty decent so far, definitely a nice homage to the old Infinity Engine games.

I'm also playing Mega Man X6 at the same time... Damn, even after all those years, i can't BELIEVE how much of a broken piece of shit this game is lmao

STOP!!!!

ma feels.

Just "beat" Project Diva X. 

I was trying to go for a full completion, but I'd develop carpal tunnel continuing on the rate I was.

Still a billion more things to unlock/complete, but I'm satisfied atm. Probably gonna go back to complete the other

2 on vita (Have them comp. on PS3 for eng. acc)

Might go back and play pop'n music portable for psp.

finished my 3rd run of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. also managed to beat the game with Richter. it was fun(in some way), but Alucard is my man nonetheless. 

now i continued playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. unfortunately, i'm not so hyped with this game like i was with the previous games in the series. it's still great, though. worth checking if you are into this kind of stuff.

I haven't been interested before, but I want to try Assasin's Creed. Yes I lived under a rock. lol

Mmm, which game are you planning to play?

The series has major ups and downs. I personally think 2, Brotherhood, Black Flag, and Syndicate are good (but with flaws). But if you care about the modern-day story, I guess you have to start from the beginning.

I haven't been interested before, but I want to try Assasin's Creed. Yes I lived under a rock. lol

If you want to just have fun and not really worry about story stuff then I would recommend Black Flag... otherwise go for Ezio Trilogy.

Replayin' that sweet, sweet DANKEY KANG stuff... Beat DKC1, now getting close to the end of DKC2...

Replayin' that sweet, sweet DANKEY KANG stuff... Beat DKC1, now getting close to the end of DKC2...

Fuking love me some Donkey Kong. I haven't had the chance to try Tropical Freeze yet, but Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Country Returns are all a part of my top 10 video games ever. Video games just doesn't get much more fun than these games. The game play, the overall style of the games, the soundtracks. Phenomenal!

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! is awfully underrated btw. Such a great game!

Me and my girlfriend have played through the three first Donkey Kong County games 7-8 times and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3-4 times since we got together three and a half year ago. These four games, along with Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island are easily my most played games ever. Yeah, well leave out Donkey Kong Returns, but the other 7 are the ones I've played the most for sure. I've probably beaten all of them 20-25 times at least, and I'm still not tired of it.

Super Mario Bros. 2 is super underrated as well btw. Brilliant game!

Hell yeah, classic franchise. I actually think DKC 1 is my least favorite out of the ''original'' three. The first one I ever played was DKC 3, so despite the bad rep it gets i've always had a weakness for it.. Always did think Kiddy Kong was lame as hell though. I've honestly never tried any of the post-SNES ones, like DK64 or DKC: Returns. I mean, I have a Wii, but somehow the DKC Returns games always remained too expensive for me.. Looks fun as hell though

You know you can easily mod your Wii and get the games for free, right? Mod it and download as many Wii games you want and play them to death. I'd love to pay for every single game I play, but I can't afford it so I've modded both my Wii and Nintendo DS so that I get to play some more games even though I can't afford everything.

Anyway, Donkey Kong Country Returns is magnificent. It actually feels more classic Donkey Kong Country than Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, yet it's surprisingly fresh and original in many ways. They've just managed to capture the spirit and elements that made the three previous games so great to begin with, yet added a shitload of new elements to the game to make it something new, fresh and unique. It's probably the most diverse game of the four as well. Soundtrack is beautiful and the level design is a real treat to both your eyes and mind.

My only complaint is the motion controls which could've been a bit better, but they're not bad and it's not at all a problem.

And from what I've heard Tropical Freeze is supossed to be even better than Returns. I need to buy a WiiU just to play this game with my girlfriend. Oh yes!

Edit: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is my favourite game, and the bee/honey levels are the best levels ever made for a game. Fucking love them! Well, I love the entire game.

Oh yeah, I know all about that soft modding stuff. Sadly, my Wii and I are in two different countries at the moment, so i don't have much of a chance to try anyway :v LOVEd that DS flashcard tho, too bad it died not so long ago.

Soundtrack quality is E S S E N T I A L for DKC games honestly, having good-ass OSTs became like the staple of the franchise. How much of that good ol' Wii waggling is in DKCR?

The honey levels are great, I really like the final castle world as well, some damn high energy, challenging gameplay right there.

I feel like I might need to consult some kind of FAQ or something to help me 100% the game though, i'm missing a couple of bonus coins and I still need to unlock a couple of Lost World stages for the true ending..

Just want to give my own input on the greatness of the DK franchise too. I love the DK franchise and treasure it more than the Mario franchise. A major plus on the ost. Aquatic Ambience, DK Island Swing, and of course the main theme. I heard DK Island Swing the other week and it made me feel like playing the whole series again. I played all the DKC games before, including DKCR (but I only played that once 3-4 years ago so I don't remember it too well...) The train tracks were always one of my favorite stages! I hope I can play tropical freeze sometime soon too~

Soundtrack quality is E S S E N T I A L for DKC games honestly, having good-ass OSTs became like the staple of the franchise. How much of that good ol' Wii waggling is in DKCR?

I'm not sure what you mean by "good ol' Wii waggling", but the DKCR OST is very old school and classic-sounding. Lots of older DK soundtrack re-worked and stuff. I loved it.

Oh that part wasnt connected to the OST, but to the whole ''obligatory motion control gimmick'' thing many Wii games have