madygrain

NIGHTMARE new single and live DVD release

"Gotta Get a Ghost"?! That sounds amazing 0.0 Can't wait to see if this is on the same level as they're very exceptional last album and the impressive b-sides off that album. With Ruka at least composing the main single, I'm very confident that this will impress me! Can not wait! And those titles are killing me, should be great! Hope the covers are as cool as "Carpe diem". ^_^

How do you pronounce this ?

Google translate says ochi-en, is that right ?

You pronounce Raku-en :)

"Gotta Get a Ghost"?! That sounds amazing 0.0

The same I think, also remind me of Boo from Mario bros.

Those are the covers from the single, nothing great, just the last one that have them all, that it's a registered mark

rakuen_a.jpgrakuen_b.jpgrakuen_c.jpg

I personally  like the two others more, tells me more about what they seem to aim for with this. Type C cover is just too crowded.

That was actually pretty good. I like the Deus Ex Machina vibe it has even if it isn't as good. I am ver unsure about Yomi's volcals on this one. Like, very confused. We've heared hints of this in Nightmare for a while and it did not blend in very well... now that it seems it does it sounds very different. There are parts I like and others that surprised me. 

Anyway seems like this single can be pretty OK imo.

To be true, I'm kind of not having interest in this single if Yomi's vocal will be like this. It's kind of weak comparing to what he did with Carpe Diem, but the instrumental it's good.

Good job guys. Makes me feel good :)

Proud of you Yomi for not singing at the bottom of your throat the whole time, more honest way of singing. I mean I'm someone who loves Ai and Hazuki and all but Yomi is usually somehow that much more annoying with it..

The singles is on EU iTunes. since yesterday I think. Gotta Get a Gost is almost a very legit LM.C song. If that suit fits Nightmare is very debateable though lol.

The thing is, I actually like this song. Instrumentally wise, its cool. But Vocally, its one of the reasons why Carpe Diem went straight to the trash after listening to it. This doesn't sound like Yomi at all. I get the whole change thing but If i didn't watch this video, id be asking "when did they replace him?"

Idk....Nightmare is kinda irrelevant to me at this point, sad to say. They can bang out some boss songs here and there but its like AVEX got them fools by the nuts so hard that they really can't make anything thats worth more than 1 listen these days. But i guess this happens. I'ma still poke around and see what they doing out of curiosity though. 

Whatever. 

Next.

Yomi can still achieve his deeper tones, those are still in the single and sound quite good imo. This less forced way of singing is probably out of character for the band but with the fair ammount of work I think it could have positive effects on the band's output. The classic deep Yomi voice sounds cool but is not flexible in range. This way of performing (the one in Rauken) is a bit closer to the way it was in earlier stages of the band wich had actually a wider vocal range to them but it wasn't too refined. I see the oportunity for the band to mix their current 15 years experience with a less restraining vocal style while preserving Yomi's throat health. We'll see if they can pull it off or if they are going in other different direction with this. 

My hunch is that they are at least trying. A and B sides from this single are arranged in a much more 200x-Nightmare way that in a 201x-Nightmare way. That was also done in Carpe and some of ToNtB, though. 

Idk....Nightmare is kinda irrelevant to me at this point, sad to say. They can bang out some boss songs here and there but its like AVEX got them fools by the nuts so hard that they really can't make anything thats worth more than 1 listen these days. But i guess this happens. I'ma still poke around and see what they doing out of curiosity though.

I have to say, we do share the same feeling.

This was very clear to me after blur single release. At this point, Nightmare is not that band who I used to listen every moment of the day. They changed a lot, they can still make some boss songs to me? Yes, Shiva was one of them, but it ends there with only two more attractive songs, the rest looks annoying in my ears.

I still need to hear the whole new single, but I'm kind meh, not really interested on it. I'm really getting more into RUKA's side project than Nightmare... and this is sad for me to say.

I will always try Nightmare new releases...