Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

グリーヴァ (Grieva) 3 new singles and mini album release

グリーヴァ (Grieva) announced at their 2015/02/01 oneman live not one but three new singles for 2015/04/29 (each costs 864Yen). They will also release their new mini album 「妄想主義者ノ背徳。」(Mousou shugisha no haitoku.) on 2015/07/01 (no further details on that yet). Details for the singles are as follows:

「絶望ノ朝」 
(SE)
01.絶望ノ朝 (Zetsubou no asa)

「操リ人間」 
(SE)
01.操リ人間 (Ayatsuri ningen)

「Fake」
(SE)
01.Fake

...yeah, they all have one actual song plus an intro, lol.

Amazing preview tho:

They will also hold a special gig for those buying all three releases where attendants get a special limited demo CD 「自己精神殺害推進會(DEMO)」(Jiko seishin satsugai suishinkai). They will also shoot the live PV of the song 「自己精神殺害推進會」(Jiko seishin satsugai suishinkai) there, and attendants are asked to come in formal clothes like suits or school uniforms.

Also at 2015/02/01 their new full-time drummer, 優冴-Yu-go- (ex-DOWNER dr.MW who did support for them after the departure of Rui) formally joined the band as well:

ab6kgi.jpg

Personal twitters of the members:

wow, what an avalanche of news! :D

edit: 「妄想主義者ノ背徳。」tracklist:

01.Type[艶](SE) (Type[Tsuya])
02.自己精神殺害推進會 (Jiko seishin satsugai suishinkai)
03.妄想主義者ノ背徳 (Mousou shugisha no haitoku)
04.Art play
05.夢デ逢ウ貴女ガ削除デキマセン。(Yume de au kijo ga sakujo dekimasen.)
06.密室104号室~暗イ部屋二僕ト君~ (Misshitsu 104-goushitsu~kurai heya ni boku to kimi~)
07.腐『furan』乱

They also announced a new mini album (no previews yet though).

■「妄想主義者ノ背徳。」

2015.07.01(WED)

2nd MINI ALBUM

品番:AMWK-20

Also their drummer officially joined them today. Not sure if it's the same guy, but I think so. He changed his name to Yugo anyway, and all of them have opened personal twitters.

https://twitter.com/kyouki_GRIEVA

https://twitter.com/roku_GRIEVA
https://twitter.com/haru_GRIEVA
https://twitter.com/hisame_GRIEVA
https://twitter.com/yu_go_GRIEVA

I was already wondering when they will announce something new to release this year. True, the singles are a nice way to cash in (at least they don‘t make 10 types *cough* Kiryu *cough).

Glad that they have find a new drummer. Now I wish too that they would start doing something new. It‘s nice that they like early 00s VK so much, but that doesn‘t mean that they can‘t move outside the genre and style border a bit (and they ran out of Diru songs to copy too). But let‘s just wait and see, maybe that new mini album will be more promising than the previews of these songs. I have to say though, that I like their new look and costumes. Kyouki looks rad with pink hair.

Drumming is pretty repetitive, but at least they have a new guy already.

Why not just one single with 3 tracks and an SE? On the upside the SEs might be the ones from their previous live recordings that haven't been released yet.

And a mini-album! These guys are relentless.

Well, if you buy all of them it will be around 3000 yen (almost same as a full album), so they are pretty darn expensive. I think they should sell them for 500 yen instead, but oh well. Not a big fan of one-coin singles anyway, so just going to buy the mini album instead. 

It's 864 each don't be so whiny geez. 

I never said anything about the price, because it has nothing to do with the price. But I don't play singles that much, and especially not if they consist of only one intro and one proper 3-5 minute long song. It's simly not enough for me to bother putting on. Simple as that.

However, since you're talking as if this is really fucking cheap. It's only 864 yen each? How fucking cheap. 864 yen are 1/2,5 of what I tend to pay for regular LPs, and those are full albums as well. 864 yen is also around what I pay for tapes, which is also full albums. Yeaaaaah... no, I do not think that's cheap at all. At least not to what I am used to, and even more so to my wallet.

Well, if you buy all of them it will be around 3000 yen (almost same as a full album), so they are pretty darn expensive. I think they should sell them for 500 yen instead, but oh well. Not a big fan of one-coin singles anyway, so just going to buy the mini album instead. 

Actually to be fair most albums are less than 3000 yen, the limited edition is usually around 2800.

Actually to be fair most albums are less than 3000 yen, the limited edition is usually around 2800.

In VK? I don't remember seeing an album less than 3000 for a very long time... but maybe it's bands that I don't listen to.

---

Has anyone figured out what songs they're ripping off yet? These previews sound even more familiar than usual... are they copying themselves now?! [And btw, I say this as a fan]

I at least recognize that “kagome kagome” tune from the 3rd sample, but I can't think of the other ones yet.

Here's artwork from their OHP, since saving pics from ameblo can be a difficult process:

zetubounoasa.jpg

ayaturininngenn.jpg

fake.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks they look less old-skool than usual?

Also, agreeing with @Bear that ¥864 is not super cheap for a one-track

In VK? I don't remember seeing an album less than 3000 for a very long time... but maybe it's bands that I don't listen to.

MERRY's NOnsenSe MARkeT - ¥2,592

DIAURA's Triangle - ¥1,979

suprisingly thats the first time i'm really liking their look! XD cuz it looks more modern than usual - also suprisingly although for 80% i don't like their music i gotta say Fake sounds pretty good!

That's great news ! The new look is very nice, and good to see that Yuugo is now an official drummer. 
The covers are beautiful but I don't really like the idea of selling 3 differents singles with just one song on each. Would be better with one CD with 3 songs (and if they wanna make money, just release it in 2 types...). Just makes me think about ダウト having 4 types for each single (that they don't sell because you can find them new for 100¥ in Closet Child like 6 months after the release...)

Had a feeling news would be coming soon, as they were posting a lot of new merch and logos and stuff on Twitter.

Yaasss @ stealing Diru's Raisen Detre puppet aesthetic, but  lmao @ how the "hanged person" looks like floating ghost sneakers. 2 spook'd

Hard to tell what samples are what since they jumped around a lot, but I think I liked the Fake and 操リ人間. Zetsubou sounded like the the part they cut out of their 刑法第39 demo. Curious to know more about their mini-album: love those.

All previews where Kyouki has purple hair, interesting.  The ones where he has blond hair, not interesting.

The first song where he appears with purple hair sounds very much like Kiri to mayu.

They adopted a rather more indies indies 90's Visual Kei sound. They don't sound that sophisticated (if that's the word...) this time.

The purple hair and the clothes Kyouki is wearing also reminded me of Dir en grey's Tsumi to batsu PV.

Flawless ! I don't even have words to how much I liked this. It surprises me this band doesn't have a bigger fanbase given their awesomeness, despite all the plagios. Can't wait for the those PVs to leak.

The first caught my interest, everything else is just...I disagree with these things.

It's seems like they hit rock bottom like its so obvios this time they fucking cut paste their other songs

Well, I heard Saigo no Bansan and Taihaiteki Kyousou.

Oni no Meku kago me uta, and something else

At the end of 操リ人間 clip I can't help hearing "death trap" as in Zan by Dir en gey.

At least to me, it sounds similar. :P

I am very interested in listening to the full version of Fake. Loved the drumming speeding up at the end the clip for that song. I miss that drumming style which is not very common to hear these days in Visual Kei bands.

Sign in to follow this