sugibo

sukekiyo new mini album "vitium" release

I wasn't expecting the second CD to be that big. I wonder if the live version of 烏有の空 is the extended version or not? Also, it's interesting that the first four tracks are all listed as collaborations this time, rather than remixes as I initially thought. That actually has me somewhat nervous since I thought the Kirito collab was massively underwhelming.

Kyos appearing on the Limited Edition cover makes me draw parallells to RENTRER EN SOI, where Satsuki always appeard alone on cover artworks. I dont like when bands do that. I mean, they are a band not a solo artist project.

for collaborative tracks, "elisabeth addict" is remixed by Danny Lohner a.k.a. Renholdër, and "latour" is remixed by Wes Borland(Limp Bizkit)

DANNY LOHNER . NO MTHRFCKING WAY .

and Wes Borland ? ? ? ? ? ! !  

how the hell did they get someone like them to do this ? ? ? ? ? ? 

Dir en grey go-touring us and europe is now paying it off ! :)

as a side note, i would loooooooove a new tool album ... its been almost a decade 

since they've released one and after mjk running off mad with apc and puscifer .

focus sounds nice; I like the overall vibe a lot but Kyo's vocal melody could perhaps be slightly better I feel. It also seems to fade out right before transitioning into some sort of heavier section, so I need to hear the full song before I can make any judgements.

Collab choices are... intriguing.

The vibe's kinda reminiscent of Rentrer en soi's

(but of course, Takumi's defo the mastermind behind this!) - and as Phoe pointed it out, vocal melody left a bit to be desired.

Lol @ Wes Borland

I love the focus preview instrumental - but to be honest, I'm not digging the vocal melody.  The vocal tone/effects that Kyo is singing into felt off in the mix.  But the eastern vibe is very cool.

and Wes Borland ? ? ? ? ? ! ! 

To be fair, this wouldn't be his first time he has worked with a Japanese band. He did play with X Japan many years ago.

To be fair, this wouldn't be his first time he has worked with a Japanese band. He did play with X Japan many years ago.

ahhh completely forgot about that .

i did have a microscopic hope that chino would be featuring in a collaboration track ,

at least as a backing vocal . i always thought that kyo's singing style evolved from some point

dir en grey touring with korn and deftones . but whatevs .

i pre-ordered this with immortalis heh ,

im just hoping vat doesnt come out ridiculously .

OMG . didnt expect that twist in the last 10 seconds , 

cause the sample of the song that was released previously did not have that ! 

i cannot wait for this - 2 more weeks are torturing ! :)

Song's cool, but the video is like a frustrating montage of film school cliché imagery and it feels like a chore watching the whole thing through.

Nothing says 'We got a dude w/ a topnot and shaved sides in a plaid flannel shirt to direct this' like a timelapse of clouds forming.

After more listens - I take back all I said earlier - the vocals fit well.  And the music is just enthralling and beautiful.  That chaotic twist right before the cuttoff was so cool! 

I still haven't given Immortalis enough listens to truly grow on me, but I think I will give it another shot to hype myself for this release.  I want to love it, but I can't say it connected with me in the same way Arche did upon first listen.

Nonetheless - this group has so much talent, and their sound is fresh and very distinct.  I feel this release is going to be solid.

I actually never heard Kyo in ambient arrangements like this, so colour me very interested :) (as I pointed it out earlier, very reminiscent of that RES song I linked)

Some of the band shots look kind of like a 9Goats PV, which is nice.

I like the song, being so laid back and ambient (and of course it's role as a promotional track) makes me have to compare it to Aftermath leading to IMMORTALIS. In which case Focus gives me a bit more to be interested in, although I may have preferred the Aftermath PV as a whole. Some of the visual ideas in this one seem like they have been just freshly played out by Kukoku no Kyouon.