Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

Lady GaGa

Shut up nooby. I still remember your memorable participation in The Kiwamu Thread. I MISSED AN HOUR OF THE GRAMMYS. DID SHE PERFORM ALREADY?

I watched it on youtube, but even through the 3 frames a second quality, it was an eggciting performance. I'm glad it went well and that she didn't scramble up the lyrics.

Eggsactly, agreed!

Ok, heard it for the first time just now... I understand if it's going to be a hit, but really, I do NOT like it at all...

Like Tony said

In conclusion - Born This Way is terrible, and given its profile, is one of the worst pop songs I've ever heard.

yet, it still going to be a massive hit since it's gaga...

cause God makes no mistakes

Hello there again!

But about the song, it's a one big piece of uncreative crap. I also agree on the statement that considering it's profile, it's one of the worst pop songs I've ever heard.

I confident that i have been subjected to that song before, but in a different package with less hype.

Please try next time. Now i need to focus on creating a serious head trauma with a baseball bat, so i can forget about this one.

Flop This Way. Glad Madonna called Gags out on stealing Express Yourself - and smh at people who think the lyrics are ~inspirational~ rather than Gags just using her brainwashed little lgbt monsters - who'd buy a recording of just her pissing into a can - to further her own ends. And using ~orient~ and chola in a song about equality? Not fucking on. And given the LGBT nature of the song, doubt it'll recieve as much airplay as a non-lgbt song - Hopefully this'll be another nail in her career coffin.

Also Godtina Aguilegend wrote it better and called it "Beautiful".

Come on, the chola/orient thing is so overdone.

Tweeting “saw a cute little oriental dumpster diving!?? would be racist; using the word orient instead of Asian because it has a certain number of syllables and rhymes is not racist. And besides, orient is, quite honestly, not that bad a term. I wouldn't call my friend Kimmy oriental, but that's only because it's not a word we commonly use in North American English vernacular. Orient is not in and of itself a pejorative, unless you want to set your Political Correctness sensors on high.

Similarly, chola does not have a racial charge in North American, common English. It may have in the past, but modern use of the word does not mean “DIRTY PUERTO RICAN WHORE?? or whatever you want it to mean. It's simply a style. And of course someone will be offended by the word, and that's understandable, but there is someone to be offended by every word. If streams of cholas want to take to the streets and proclaim that they hate the word, then fine, it's now a pejorative. But before that, a word is not racist simply because a handful of people are offended by it. Words only have meaning within the context of a culture, and, like it or not, this culture that Lady Gaga and I and white middle class America shares does not generally consider chola to be a pejorative.

And at any rate, if you want to get butthurt over two harmless words, why be selective? Why are you not offended at the word “white??? Is your skin color really the same as a sheet of computer paper? And what about the word black? Why didn't she use the term African American, or simply “of a darker skin color??? Who do you know that is beige?

If we're going to be PC, let's go all the way. I propose these new lyrics:

Don't be a drag, just be a queen

Whether you're broke or evergreen

You're

• [*:3q469oo4]a person whose ancestors were from an area in which greater production of melanin was selected for, otherwise commonly known as African, African American or perhaps black if you prefer that term;
    [*:3q469oo4]a person whose ancestors were from a region in which lesser quantities of melanin were required to survive, also known as Caucasian, or perhaps white, although I'm not insinuating that you're any different from your fellow humans that may have darker skin;
    [*:3q469oo4]perhaps a descendant of some Silly Putty -like peoples;
    [*:3q469oo4]perhaps some manner of person whose skin is generally considered to be “brown,?? at least within the North American white middle class perspective, perhaps known as Hispanic, Latino, Spanish, or some other term of your choosing--or perhaps simply a person who considers themselves to be female who tends to wear heavy eye-liner and lipstick and dress in a certain style

You're

• [*:3q469oo4]a descendant of the region which is generally considered to be Lebanon;
    [*:3q469oo4]you're descended from ancestors of the region which is generally accepted as Asian by modern peoples

Hmm, somehow it just doesn't flow as well...

using the word orient instead of Asian because it has a certain number of syllables and rhymes is not racist. And besides, orient is, quite honestly, not that bad a term.

jfc I can't, check your privilege.

And at any rate, if you want to get butthurt over two harmless words, why be selective? Why are you not offended at the word “white???

Are you srsly using this as a defense of this pos song.

Srsly.

There's a difference from being the PC police and offended that in a song ~devoted~ to people who face prejudice against being the ~norm~ and heteronomative society that she chose to use some ethnic slurs in for a rhyme scheme. And yes, using Orient to refer to people as a group like Lebanese in the same sentence, instead of rugs, food, or similar is a pejorative. Similarly for Chola - numerous Latino groups have spoken out against it as derogatory.

You're all a bunch of chola orientals.

Wahtever that means :S

Down in Australia, we have no idea what a chola is. And don't really give a shit, people use fag and nigger in songs, do we care? Relatively no, and here she uses the words in a non derogatory context, expressly stating people are "born this way" aka they are who they are (whether queen, gay, chola, orientals) and we kick the shits about it. Get over it, noone cares, and neither does she :D

improved spelling lol.

Also Linda Perry wrote it better and called it "Beautiful".

Fix'd

^ i love u

seriously now, Beautiful is good number.

We are all can agree on that.

but time changes, we cannot stuck in the moment all the time.

Glad the reviews varies, but BTW is still a good song, many reviewers says so at least.

standing tough ~!

d1d03b32.gif

I didn't even know Chola was a word. Also, I think I'm going to refer to white people as "Occidents" now since occidental is a word no one ever uses.

A fat white guy got hit by a car. I guess you could say it was a pretty big occident.

pffffpfpfpfpfppfpff :lol:

I didn't even know Chola was a word. Also, I think I'm going to refer to white people as "Occidents" now since occidental is a word no one ever uses.
A fat white guy got hit by a car. I guess you could say it was a pretty big occident.

pffffpfpfpfpfppfpff :lol:

LOL! Very nice, haha. I support the use of "occidents"

But in lady gaga related things, I finally got around to listening to the song. As neither a particular gaga fan nor hater, it's definitely one of my least favorite songs I've heard by her (I've heard mainly her "hit" songs). To me, it's not so much of a song, as a blatant speech she wrote and then put to music. Really generic, sub-par music. There was nothing particularly interesting, poetic or subtle in the lyrics for me so it just seems kinda cheesy. Idk, that's just what I think. Doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Glad Madonna called Gags out on stealing Express Yourself

links? or gtfo

cuz all i heard just the opposites

And using ~orient~ and chola in a song about equality? Not fucking on.

It's about racial issue, not the LGBT. In this single she wrote pretty much for everyone.

Beside racial and sexual preferences, she also mention the disabled as well.

A personal mental power up than anything else.

And given the LGBT nature of the song, doubt it'll recieve as much airplay as a non-lgbt song -

not relevant. proof:

edit:

bad publicity is good publicity :P

This was the single achievement for yesterday, just LESS in a day!

2m5h3k0.jpg

U.S.A

2yopugl.jpg

U.K

5497wx.jpg

Canada

xek6zp.jpg

France

2q8n7dw.jpg

Also, On Friday, the track was played 1,838 times on mainstream stations alone, surpassing the previous record of 619 spins set by Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me?? just a month ago.

“Born This Way?? also drew a record-breaking 25 million audience impressions in the first day, with a total of more than 2,500 plays from all formats.

and Gaga just announced 6 hours ago, that it's on #1 Billboard.

9qxk45.jpg

and little more updates:

After only three days of availability, Lady Gaga’s brand new single “Born This Way?? made its debut on Billboard’s Pop Songs radio chart at No. 14. The title track from Gaga’s upcoming album received over 4,600 plays, which is the highest detections total by a debuting title in the chart’s 18-year history.

The song is an “instant, massive hit,?? said JB Wilde, program director of 105.7 Now, which played the song 58 times on Sunday. “From the first spin, our phones and Facebook pages exploded with comments.??

Sources say that “Born This Way?? sold more than 450,000 downloads its first three days of release, breaking the record for the biggest opening for a track by a female artist, which was previously held by Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me.??

The track is expected to debut on top of the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the 1000th number one song in the chart’s history.

bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus

Willow is her fan, and such a sweet/cutie image xD

beside Willow, there's some other people having behind the stage photography.

Including, Dr.Dre and J.Lo

Sign in to follow this