Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

New trailer on Deus Ex Mankind Divided further exploring the themes. No gameplay footage but impressive production values presented here. This is practically Ghost in the Shell the game. :P

7 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

when is it coming out?

July 9 in Japanese theatres.

The only thing known about the English release is "before the game".

Official site

- HD Remaster for PS4, 2017 (10th anniversary :o ... of the IZJS version)

- based on Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

- up-resed backgrounds, characters, fonts, cutscenes

- Higher quality audio, voices

- Includes both Japanese and English voice

- Includes both original and re-recorded BGM

- High-speed mode

- Auto saves

- Shorter load times

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BALTHIER :wub:

pls take vaan out of the game

Edited by peffy

I'm so fucking excited! FFXII's writing. world design, and general game-design are pretty much the pinnacle of the series IMO. I've always wanted to play the International Version, now I finally can! That remastered Boss Theme sounds dope too. There's an unedited version on the official site for those that are interested.

And finally, a gif comparison between the visuals in the original PS2 version and The Zodiac Age:

Original
1465206961-ffxii6.gif

The Zodiac Age
1465205096-ffxii2.gif

Edited by Pho

I kinda remember the story at the end of the game falling off a cliff.

.. everything up to that point was pretty sweet, though

except Vaan

2 hours ago, peffy said:

I kinda remember the story at the end of the game falling off a cliff.

.. everything up to that point was pretty sweet, though

except Vaan

Somebody please tell me what you guys are talking aboot?

Is this a remaster?

Edit: Shit I forgot to read Peffy's notes lol. Don't look at me! I'm ashamed!

Edited by YuyoDrift

Haaaah, I've been keeping myself from continuing the last bit of extras on my PS2 because I just can't deal with those graphics anymore (+ it was already rumored). Glad that it's finally out.

Also really happy with the dual audio. They should have done that with X/X-2 too (correct me if I'm wrong and they did but I just missed it).

2 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Edit: Shit I forgot to read Peffy's notes lol. Don't look at me! I'm ashamed!

*icy death stare*

1 hour ago, Kaye said:

Also really happy with the dual audio. They should have done that with X/X-2 too (correct me if I'm wrong and they did but I just missed it).

You are correct. I specifically imported the Japanese version because I did not want to deal with that English dub again.

FF12's dub was actually not bad, as far as I remember.  It will be nice to have the option to switch back and forth.

Here's the official English announcement @ Playstation Blog

Edited by peffy

YES!

been waiting for this announcement for a good while, I'm glad it's finally official. FFXII is the best FF of the past 15 years in my opinion and is personally ranked in my top 5 FF games in the entire franchise, I'm so glad It's getting the remaster treatment :D It's also awesome that everybody will get to experience the game with the original Japanese voice acting and the zodiac job system, which by far is the best version of the game.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Can someone learn me about the Zodiac Job System? What is that?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zodiac_Job_System#Zodiac_Job_System

Basically, they changed the License Board system. Now you need to pick a permanent "job" for each character (i.e. White Mage, Archer, Knight), and each job has a unique license board.

I've never played it myself, but the online consensus is that it's superior to the original game.

honestly I'm cool with that, that means I can play FFXV and get it out of the way before it comes out, it'll make a good appetizer for P5 :lol:

3 hours ago, ArtFart said:

I WAS looking forward to World of Final Fantasy... But these English voices... They just don't all match the characters lol I absolutely HATE the male protag's voice....

https://www.facebook.com/squareportalsite/videos/992744440823170/

Well dual audio hasn't been announced yet but it could be included, Square has been doing dual audio on a lot of their games lately so.... but to be totally honest the English voices from that trailer are not the worst I've heard. They are not teribad or anything, a few really annoying ones here and there but overall it seems that it's at least bearable and includes somewhat of a decent effort.

I did NOT expect Vivi to sound like that.

If there is no dual audio, World of FF looks like a prime candidate for importing. (chibi look = aimed at younger audience = simpler Japanese?)

If only Japanese digital games had reasonable prices..

9 hours ago, eiheartx said:

I need this. 100% excited.

jdc of what everyone says, I love W_D. 

hey I respect that. don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

While I'm not particular happy with the first Watch Dogs actually I was quite disappointed with it, but I will admit this game is starting to look a lot better... I can't help to be a little interested with the direction their going. I'm gonna keep an open mind, especially since Ubisoft actually does have a track record with releasing really bad games but awesome sequels.

btw here's the longer video that has a lot more info if you interested.

there was also an announcement trailer for Injustice 2

I'm interested in what the hell is going on with the all the transforming suits xD is that gonna be a thing in the actual game?