Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

12 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Some nice tidbits of gameplay that hasn't been seen. Actually looks pretty good except for those god awful dubbed voices.

I must not watch!

Ok I bookmarked it, but I'm not gonna watch it!

2 hours ago, peffy said:

I haaaaate Cindy's accent... no offense to actual Southerners but that is my least favourite English accent. (and I will always be bothered by her ridiculous outfit). Noctis sounds boring and Prompto sounds annoying. Some of the other voices don't seem egregiously offensive though. Anyway, not gonna be playing with the English voices. So happy they're including dual audio.

LOL I actually thought Cindy's and Cid's were the the best out of all the dubbed voices, but I'm a southerner so.... It's so bad when secondary characters are better voiced then the main characters that your gonna hear 90% of the time. Like holy shit I would kill myself if I had to listen to Prompto English dub the entire game XD

37 minutes ago, Tokage said:

that fucking new Metal Gear Zombie Survival game...............

fucking crispy meme right there, what a joke lmao

Shhhhhhhh! let's never talk about that.... ever.

On August 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Tokage said:

that fucking new Metal Gear Zombie Survival game...............

fucking crispy meme right there, what a joke lmao

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Edited by ArtFart

1 hour ago, ArtFart said:

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

LOL

here's an even better one

tumblr_inline_oc20wmjGsM1txzj31_500.gif

in other news, here's a first look at watchdogs 2 multiplayer

Admittedly multiplayer was the most interesting thing in Watchdogs 1 for me, it had potential. I hope they were able to refine it and do some cool stuff. Co-op looks pretty fun.

Tales of Berseria is out in Japan now. I've been seeing mostly very positive impressions so far.

Still unsure if I should buy it now/soon or wait for the English version...

If I play it in Japanese, I will only fully understand maybe 50-75% of the dialogue, and it will be more difficult to figure out the various gameplay systems. Also it would cost me ... around $100-115 ??

If I play it in English, I'll have to wait several months, but it will 'only' cost $60-80 depending on how it's priced in Canadian bucks. I'll understand everything but I will do that thing where I'm listening to the Japanese dialogue while reading English subtitles and noticing how they differ. It's actually kind of distracting, lol.

For anyone interested, the soundtracks to Golden Axe I & II will be released on vinyl this saturday  by Data-Discs.

Limited Edition Translucent Gold with Purple Swatches

cca8342e-39a3-4b73-9de6-1a9db7103db9.jpg

Translucent Gold

9ef49b1d-c756-49d8-bd32-6f061e41caaa.jpg

My wallet is weeping. I might've, maybe, kinda, perhaps, possibly, preordered the collector's editions of both Persona 5 and The Last Guardian.

Persona 5 was granted. I loved 3, 4 and Q so we agreed with my mate that we'd get it. But I fucked up my manimal's birthday present by not having enough money to buy the Dark Souls III collector's edition, and I'm making it up with The Last Guardian. I just hope I also have the chance to try it and even enjoy it.

Here's some new Vampyr gameplay.

I'm getting more interested in this game the more I see, I hope they can do something good with it.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61799-assassin-s-creed-the-ezio-collection-confirme-en-image

Leaked marketing materials have confirmed the existence of the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (2/Brotherhood/Revelations) for PS4/XB1. Probably will have slight graphical upgrades. Expected to be 1080p/30fps, release in November, include all DLC + 2 animated films, and sell for less than full price (< $60)

I remember loving the hell out of 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations not so much. But I had borrowed all 3 games, so I wouldn't mind paying for this collection. Eventually. November is kind of a shit time to release this.

Also, where is Rogue for PS4? It's the only major AC game I haven't played, because it was stuck on PS3, and people seem to think highly of it.

5 hours ago, peffy said:

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61799-assassin-s-creed-the-ezio-collection-confirme-en-image

Leaked marketing materials have confirmed the existence of the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (2/Brotherhood/Revelations) for PS4/XB1. Probably will have slight graphical upgrades. Expected to be 1080p/30fps, release in November, include all DLC + 2 animated films, and sell for less than full price (< $60)

I remember loving the hell out of 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations not so much. But I had borrowed all 3 games, so I wouldn't mind paying for this collection. Eventually. November is kind of a shit time to release this.

Also, where is Rogue for PS4? It's the only major AC game I haven't played, because it was stuck on PS3, and people seem to think highly of it.

That's nice news, I'm also a really big fan of the Ezio games so I'll probably pick this up at some point... I agree November is a very busy time for games this year.

Here's some more gameplay from Watch Dogs 2

It's looking like a definite improvement over the first game, I still think co-op looks like a lot of fun.

Also here's a interview with Hajime Tabata about Final Fantasy XV

Not gonna lie, some of those environments looked downright stunning, If they look that good in game when it launches then that will truly be impressive.

They've put out way too many videos/interviews/demos for FFXV. I'm kind of sick of hearing about it. I'm going on media blackout. Not even going to watch the anime or movie until after the game, IF the game leaves a good taste in my mouth.

Does anyone expect FFXV to be amazing game of the year quality?

I fully expect this game to be janky as hell. I will only be disappointed if I end up liking it less than Lightning Returns.

1 hour ago, peffy said:

They've put out way too many videos/interviews/demos for FFXV. I'm kind of sick of hearing about it. I'm going on media blackout. Not even going to watch the anime or movie until after the game, IF the game leaves a good taste in my mouth.

Does anyone expect FFXV to be amazing game of the year quality?

I fully expect this game to be janky as hell. I will only be disappointed if I end up liking it less than Lightning Returns.

idk a lot of people have told me that watching the anime and movie has only increased their excitement for the game and have recommended doing so before the game comes out... I haven't yet, but I probably will.

I expect it to be at least fun to play, I don't know if It's gonna be GOTY worthy , that in itself is a huge undertaking with great games like Quantum Break, Dark souls 3, DOOM, Uncharted 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, ect to compete against... but I have a certain level of skepticism and hope for the game. From what I've seen of the game it looks pretty awesome, for me what's gonna make or break the game is performance. It is so important that this game is able to run at a smooth frame rate with no stutters, hell that's pretty much the most important thing for any fast moving real time action game like this. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason they delayed the game 2 months is so they can work on performance and optimize the game to run smoother.

3 hours ago, peffy said:

I'm going on media blackout. Not even going to watch the anime or movie until after the game, IF the game leaves a good taste in my mouth.

Oh no we're losing her!

The YouTube anime episodes are  mainly about the individuals themselves, so you know their bio beforehand.

Go watch the film Peffs.

Nvm I'll do you a solid. I'll pm you a torrent to the film in HD.

lol

1 hour ago, Original Saku said:

idk a lot of people have told me that watching the anime and movie has only increased their excitement for the game and have recommended doing so before the game comes out... I haven't yet, but I probably will.

You are correct. It was a nice film intro for the game.

Want a pm too?

My reaction to this whole FF15 thing mounts to this....

re81Us.gif

I'm also really burnt out by seeing anything related to FF15. There's far too much hype around it and it makes me expect it'll pull a No Man's Sky, except the game most likely won't be as bad or broken as that. I've seen the anime. The animation is decent but nothing worth writing home about. The movie I could care even less about seeing it since I have to drive my way out to select theaters. I think both the anime and movie should've been an afterthought. It's ridiculous that Square Enix expects this game to sell 10 million copies, and that's in full price sales, no discounts.

The only way I'm gonna play this game is wait for the PC release and wait for the price to go down under $20.

^ My thoughts exactly. I'll be honest and say I'm rather keen in getting some kind of edition of it still just because of the packaging and design, but the more I'm seeing and hearing it, the lower my hype and interest is in it. I'm still tempted to get it for Christmas, but if I keep waiting around, I'll also probably just get it once the price is much lower. That Persona 5 Collector's Edition though... I know I'm going to cave in some time soon.

5 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

You are correct. It was a nice film intro for the game.

Want a pm too?

Naw don't worry about it, I'll grab it when it gets closer to release, I don't have the time right now anyways.

I'll probably buy it full price at launch just because it's in that sweet spot for video game releases where there's really nothing better to play for the rest of December. I'm honestly not that put off by all the hype surrounding the game. I learned a long time ago how to keep my expectations in check, that's one reason why I enjoyed and still am enjoying No Man's Sky. I don't let unrealistic popular opinion sway me or load my expectations too high, I just try to see the game for what it is and not for what it's not, and also to see the intent of the creator. So yeah I do think it's ridiculous how much media attention and advertisement FFXV is getting, but I'm still somewhat interested regardless. I'll probably be one of those people who think the game is pretty good (unless it has shit optimization xD) when it comes out, while other people lament over how it's not what they expected/wanted and throw bitchfits about how SE screwed them and lied to them. (which is pretty much the norm in today's industry)

21 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Oh no we're losing her!

The YouTube anime episodes are  mainly about the individuals themselves, so you know their bio beforehand.

Go watch the film Peffs.

Nvm I'll do you a solid. I'll pm you a torrent to the film in HD.

lol

T_T

Fine fine I will watch the anime and film. I was going to watch the film anyway because I'm interested in their achievements in CG. Those screenshots were amazing looking.

Will probably watch them right before I start the game.

3 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

lol what's that game about anyway?

(sirius question)

There's a kid who befriends a gigantic dog/cat/bird creature. (and I do mean GIGANTIC)

They explore some ruins together.

That's the extent of my knowledge on this topic.

22 minutes ago, peffy said:

There's a kid who befriends a gigantic dog/cat/bird creature. (and I do mean GIGANTIC)

They explore some ruins together.

That's the extent of my knowledge on this topic.

hahaha ok well thank you

54 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THISSSSSSSS??????

Not gonna lie

My first thought when I saw that PS4 was "oh god who spilled something on that ps4??"

I guess it looks ok. 

But the new slim model has one huge problem for me - they removed the optical port.

I specifically bought new speakers with optical ports so I could use optical audio with my PS4. (my display is a computer monitor...) So if I'm gonna replace my OG PS4, I'd have to buy the Pro... *frowny face*

that PS4 is sexy, but my only problem is why no pro version? if I'm gonna buy a new PS4 I would just get the best one... also The rumor mill is saying that supposedly at TGS behind close doors they're doing FFXV demos on the pro and it looks and runs amazing supposedly... I might have to buy a pro just to play FFXV in it's best form XD

Also I'm a sad panda that Last Guardian got delayed... but what's another month and a half? right? I've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer,  only thing is now it's dangerously close to FFXV release *sighs* I'm sorry XV but when it comes down to it I'll have to neglect you in favor of my most anticipated game of the past decade :D Square Enix don't got nothing on Team ICO and Ueda.