Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

@Relentless: DEG has had many, much weirder artworks in the past - so this shouldn't really cause any "disgust" in our fandom (I remember when people used to HATE Glass Skin's artwork - just because it wasn't "DEG-gy" enough).

No one pointed this out, but they haven't used pink color in their artworks for awhile...ever since Gauze osakajo-hall live DVD, I guess.

Other than that, I am glad that they uppercased the title. 

that's one aesthetically unappealing cover, but I guess when u sell urself out to western metalhead, the promotion materials should cater to that demographic accordingly. it's a huge step down from rinkaku and unexpectedly well done unravelling though. I wonder if there's gonna be a PV?

Why does apeman need a beard?

I'm kind of under impression they're mocking 12012 w. this thing, but it's just an assumption idk

you know, i thought the word "untruth" was a made up word cause ive never heard of it before ,but it actually exists, hah;

now that im mentioning this, i sometimes wonder if they even get checked their english lyrics and titles

cause above average english materials of japanese bands dont even make sense not even remotely , grammatically .

i know there are western artists using ambiguous poetries and lyrics (ie, chino from deftones, etc)

but those are actually 'words' and 'sentences' that just not make a 'comprehensive' dialogue .

ive seen few footages from a few japanese bands' documentary videos showing some english speaking guys (american? british?)

checking the lyrics for them ... but still, some of them are just really funny (especially the gazette and their weird titles and lyrics) 

and who are these turkeys letting these good japanese men sing weird stuff . (indies are off the hook, dont even expect them

to spell words correctly) . no pun intended, it's just that i think they couldve at least 'choose their words wisely'. again, no pun intended .

but back to the cover art, i think it's still way too hideous, even for dir en grey . and the title still bugs me the fck out .

nonetheless, im sure the music will speak for itself :)

In case anyone was wondering, that magenta is #D1288F, and it is a different magenta than the one SID used here (#FF1EAE). 

I like how the font blends in with the eye, and I didn't them to be very 'wow gross!!' in general. Haven't all of their artworks since Cage, with the exception of Lotus, been gross? 

In case anyone was wondering, that magenta is #D1288F, and it is a different magenta than the one SID used here (#FF1EAE). 

I like how the font blends in with the eye, and I didn't them to be very 'wow gross!!' in general. Haven't all of their artworks since Cage, with the exception of Lotus, been gross? 

I think you accidentally a word?

i hate the covers.it's not that i find them ugly only. i can take ugly when i feel there is something artistic about it. but i don't feel nothing artistic about this. just ugly.

just my personal taste though.

let's just hope the music is inversely proportional with the cover. (happens many times in books or movies lol)

anyway completely random but i wanted to say it somewhere to share. this title reminds me this quote. it may just be a random coincidence but it fits so much lol.what do you think?

“Not much music left inside us for life to dance to. Our youth has gone to the ends of the earth to die in the silence of the truth. And where, I ask you, can a man escape to, when he hasn't enough madness left inside him? The truth is an endless death agony. The truth is death. You have to choose: death or lies. I've never been able to kill myself.”
― Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Journey to the End of the Night

Am I the only one who really likes these covers?

I'm thinking the title(especially the untruth part) has something to do with religion... the primate and devil's horns, there's a link haha. So if I'm correct with this, the artwork makes sense.

Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. Aesthetically unpleasing is aesthetically unpleasing. It looks like the face was just badly photoshopped on. The pink hides that a little but it's pink. It's a bright obnoxious pink. The concept seems fine but the execution is a little messy. And it doesn't match their darkuber1! image...

Am I the only one who really likes these covers?

I'm thinking the title(especially the untruth part) has something to do with religion... the primate and devil's horns, there's a link haha. So if I'm correct with this, the artwork makes sense.

? what to do with religion?

i am thinking maybe it has something to do as an idea with their scream for the truth campaign? or would you want to know the truth?

but i don't have a clue really.probably i just like to overthink

^ it was only available for pre-order for a limited time. so i doubt you can find it anywhere. unless that place is going against the bands orders

I don't know if the person who listed this priced it wrong, but someone is selling the deluxe edition for pre-order on ebay for 23$ + shipping. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIR-EN-GREY-SUSTAIN-THE-UNTRUTH-JAPAN-CD-DVD-LIMITED-MANUFACTURE-EDITION-K81-/271353990696?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

I have a feeling they made a mistake and will change it later but hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this