sai

Tacky visual kei album covers

I do believe there was a thread for this quite a while back, but I figured it would be better to make a new thread for it altogether.

So this is the thread where you can talk about and post the visual kei album covers that you find incredibly tacky, ugly, amateuristic, etc. Some elaboration is always welcome.

I would already like to nominate for tackiest cover of 2013:

0_1dcaad_d169abf1_orig.jpg

Jupiter's CLASSICAL ELEMENT Type A cover and:

tumblr_mqx738OEvV1r599d9o3_r1_400.jpg

One of D's covers for their new single (like what ahaha).

The covers don't have to be from 2013 btw, just post any VK cover you like (VK-limited of course, because what other scene has tackier covers than VK).

I think such originality within the same label's releases may also count for this topic, yes?

20130202-1248-cover.jpg UCCD-027.jpg

Megaromania's 'Goukaban' and 12012's 'Increasingry'.

I think such originality within the same label's releases may also count for this topic, yes?

20130202-1248-cover.jpg UCCD-027.jpg

Megaromania's 'Goukaban' and 12012's 'Increasingry'.

I have to say that pretty much all of 12012's album covers are shitty lol.

Cover.jpg

Danger Gang's Samurai single

DAKBMCDO-5.jpg

single_deluhi_VISVASRIT_00.jpg

single_deluhi_mahadeva_00.jpg

Deluhi's Jagannath, Mahadeva and Visvasrit Singles.....

weaksauce man.

All of VanessA's albums....

5umzx0.jpg

alive_terror_15264.png

love_of_insanity_13504.jpg

The most ugliest Album of all ugly Albums I own is Penicillin's Limelight.

I'm a person who listens to original records a lot but this one is so tacky that I prefer to play the rip so that I don't have to see the cover... which is even more tacky in real life than in this picture because it's one of those flipping image/ hologram pictures.

220041764.jpg

The booklet design is is just as horrid if I remember correctly.

Most of Megaromania's album arts are pretty tacky. I just added their discography to my blog, which means I spent a lot of time gathering and organizing all of their pictures. The Deus / Holy / Evil ones especially: the wings aren't even superimposed properly on the girl in the pictures, haha!

Moi-Dix-Mois-Beyond-the-Gate.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpQDsAZ5bSdZDlgm6INmL

...actually, all of Moi Dix Mois' album art except for DIXANADU. I actually really like how that one looks.

Pains%20of%20Aspiration.jpg

sixugly.jpg

Kai.jpg

^ lol really... Six Ugly and Kai (you could at least say what's ~tacky~ in them) ? Thank god this isn't Tonberry/Batsu ´03-06-ish or we would experience a massive havoc here :D

@Hyura: Penicillin didn't really have any GOOD album covers tbqh (Union Jap has horrible one too) - except for Ultimate Velocity.

Basically all Matina and Undercode tape and Cd covers. Aki Okamura did the megaromania ones and is  the designer who has worked for many Matina cover artworks as well...

R-2128890-1265577875.jpeg

Such as this one from Syndrome. It's the typical style that also Phantasmagoria, Lin and Megaromania covers have.

tumblr_mqx738OEvV1r599d9o3_r1_400.jpg

One of D's covers for their new single (like what ahaha).

Ahahaha what!? 

What is this? Dynasty Warriors!? Totally reminds me of a character selection game for either Dynasty Warriors or some FF series game because it's so uhh cartoony looking.

Also agree with all the Moi Dix Mois covers, why does Mana have to put his big stupid heavily photoshopped face all over his stuff. We know it's your solo project -__-

0.jpg

The Kinodoku na Shiawase album by sanpun is pretty tacky, but i love it either way.

All sanpun album arts are pretty tacky and cute though lol its hard to pick the weirdest one :love:

0.jpg

The Kinodoku na Shiawase album by sanpun is pretty tacky, but i love it either way.

All sanpun album arts are pretty tacky and cute though lol its hard to pick the weirdest one :love:

I'm not sure this is "tacky" especially in comparison to the other filth in this thread.

In fact, this looks kinda Shintaro Kago-esque. I like it!

HOWEVER, the absolute worst VK cover art is from Dear L'Novel's album "Tsumi to Batsu"

VAER-7.jpg

Seriously, AWFUL/HORRENDOUS/UNFORGIVABLE/VOMIT-INDUCING/SHITTASTIC

/thread

75722124.png

wtf is this 2004 myspace emo mess

65090658.png

that arm, the body, the blurring.. who the fuck has breasts like that lmao

the GazettE's Shiver covers. Both of them.

Night-vision googles, oxygen mask, monochrome, a background with nothing going on and you got something any college, high-school, or even middle-school student could pull off. The jewel studded oxygen mask is pretty cool though.

cover_dhwnsgh12.jpg?type=w2

Whilst not the tackiest it's pretty bad, I mean, it just looks like no one could be bothered with it, so simple and boring

and why the "ow that hurt"/"I DROPPED MY FLOWERS" face!?

I'm not sure this is "tacky" especially in comparison to the other filth in this thread.

HOWEVER, the absolute worst VK cover art is from Dear L'Novel's album "Tsumi to Batsu"

VAER-7.jpg

/thread

It's because the album cover was done by Shintaro Kago  :lolita_happy: A lot of Gusya Ningen covers were also done by Shintaro Kago~

I quite like it myself :love:

and really, what is up with that Dear L'Novel cover jfc

it looks quite terrifying and pretty gross

I think the most horrendous cover art reward goes to them ugh

VAER-7.jpg

/thread

I agree

/thread

Enough said, I don't think anything could be more embarrassing and painful to look at.

Anyway, that Rosenstrauss cover is starting to grow on me. Sure it's cartoony and dumb but at least it's cartoony and dumb and how many cartoony and dumb albums do you see like that. At least it gives me some fire to use when I make fun of VK fans for liking boys that look like animu boys.

Idk how I feel about the MUCC covers. I kind of like the Shangri-la based on how the album was but the Falling Down single covers were definitely tacky.

I don't know exactly what you mean by tacky but how about these:

MEJIBRAY- Emotional KARMA

61lJIkJjtHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Versailles- Versailles

versailles-cover.jpg

NoGoD- LOVE?

21816-andltahrefhttpwwwjpo-tku5.jpg

The D cover reminds me of a Dynasty Warriors character select screen. For some reason, Tsunehito reminds me a little of Lu Bu? I think it's the hair and 'weapon'. (I don't know wtf he's holding.) And that Dear L'Novel cover is a part of 'themes I see in visual kei covers that are cliche and overdone'.

hLMuz2m.jpgDyufQZE.png

When I think of tacky, these two pop out (at least after glancing through my collection.) Violet-Narcissus's other album cover that I've seen is also tacky, but in another way. But this is also older style, so it hasn't aged well, I think.

In terms of semi-current stuff: most of BLOOD's album covers (that I've seen) feel tacky to me; there's only one that doesn't, and that's Bathory. All of Zodia's covers feel tacky as well, as does XodiacK (they're missing some stuff on that page, but I'm also including those releases - namely Black Sun and owari no hajimari). And many of Penicillin's album covers (a prime example already shown previously -- Limelight) make me cringe.

There are a lot of 'themes' in visual kei covers that I consider tacky and super cliche, but that's a whole other topic.

OBVIOUSLY EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN THE WORST MODERN SINGLE COVERS IN EXISTENCE.

They are too horrible to post so click the link.

http://www.jpopasia.com/i1/news/3/9700-ryjkqdvtpm.jpg

http://www.jpopasia.com/i1/news/3/9700-gpi6jq1mbz.jpg

http://japan-discoveries.com/images/single_vivid_message_limited%20edition%20type%20A_00.jpg

Did I win?