orangetarts

Then and Now

I look back at some of my old pictures from when I was like....13-14....and I just want to slam my face into an iron maiden....

funkyloli.jpg

Like can someone please tell me wtf i was thinking.

WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA...

So that being said:

now:

18720_10201020030882891_347013906_n.jpg

I have learned how to:

a) Properly dress myself

b )Apply makeup

c) dye my hair.

So, show us your comparisons?

Unfortunately (or fortunately??) I don't have any pictures from my weeb days. I have some embarrassing livejournal entries though. Basically just imagine everything that could go wrong with dressing like Tatsurou from their 我、在ルベキ場所 PV. Like frizzy and greasy hair, mismatched poorly fitting suit, converse shoes since I couldn't buy myself T.U.K. platformers. My hair type is very heavy (dumb) so I learned really fast on my first attempt that teasing my hair is impossible so that's good I guess, yet trying to just have normal smooth hair was also a major failure and was basically greasy and nappy because I didn't know how to use a flat iron yet. GEL AND HAIRSPRAY WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR SMOOTH WITH NO FRIZZ! 

Guest mitsubana

I haven't changed much... I never dressed visual kei or anything like that... I guess I never went through that phase. The only difference is now I give a shit more about my appearance. That's about it haha.

I went through a slight goth phase but I was never the spike wearing, paint my nails black kind of goth...

but the funny thing was, it wasnt until long after my goth phase that i actually grew my hair past my waist which is crazy seeing as im 6'1"

I was a bit of a goth in my late teen years. Nothing wrong with that though.

k-chan02.jpg

^ This is 10 years or so ago.

Now I look.... normal, I guess?

44796_104227936304110_7173297_n.jpg

I still like to dress up on occasion though, for carnival or concerts. XD

I was a bit of a goth in my late teen years. Nothing wrong with that though.

k-chan02.jpg

^ This is 10 years or so ago.

Now I look.... normal, I guess?

44796_104227936304110_7173297_n.jpg

I still like to dress up on occasion though, for carnival or concerts. XD

Omg you're so pretty staaahp T___T

but yeah Im 'normal' now too XD jeans and tshirts every day hells yes. XD

Oh, this is a funny topic. :'D

I wish I had photos from my primairy school, I looked really outstanding in bad fashion-clothes LOL. ;<

Sadly can't find pics of myself that time.

Here's me as little kiddo:

img817446694.jpeg

img1304698374.jpeg

My mom used to dress me up cute lol

Then during secondary school:

My school-cards from 1st year to 4th year + 1st year of professional training for becoming an assitant sensei. ;p

lwfd.jpg

Last ^ pic is from 2 years ago? lol.

--------------

Slowly starting to get into kawaii/decent fashion lol.

img786174379.jpeg

img1205420527.jpeg

Yes, I had long hair and then short hair that time... www

and now... well.. most of you know already how I look though. XD

530130_520479454660095_359865620_n.jpg

My hair is usually just straight like this ^ 

995114_564219366952770_1492563491_n.jpg

Lately I like to do twintails too, with curls

67767_567412956633411_1582567720_n.jpg

or just experimenting with my hair xD

Sorry for pic-spam of myself lol.

I wish I had photos from my primairy school, I looked really outstanding in bad fashion-clothes LOL. ;<

img817446694.jpeg

img1304698374.jpeg

My school-cards from 1st year to 4th year + 1st year of professional training for becoming an assitant sensei. ;p

lwfd.jpg

--------------

img786174379.jpeg

img1205420527.jpeg

GDI LINH!!!!!!

you're always so damn pretty im so jealous T___T <33 be my wifeu

ordas_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Then, in the meantime (around 17-18), and now (22) D:

Haven't changed so much, just disappeared some piercing from my face (used to pierced my face circa 10-15 times /mostly lip/), and dyed my hair sometimes xd But this brown is my original one

^Thanks ! :3

Well... that's easy. You just need to tease your hair with a comb, fix with hairspray and wax (or anything else), and (optional) burn with hair straightener if you want. You can see a lot of helpful tutorial on youtube if you search gyaruo / host inspired videos ^^

I've tried it before but I think my hair is too thin; as a result it doesn't want to do an awful lot for me! I'll keep trying though.

One day.... :)

i have a few pics of me from my pastel goff days somewhere lol

i always claimed to be one of those pastel girls, even though all i did was dress in band t-shirts and old jeans (and still do)

Everyone used to tell me i was weeb for liking it, but i had fun so i didn't care haha

Nowadays... I'm normal. A little more dressy but definitely not in my pasuteru goshikku phase anymore.

:lolita_lol:

Guest MollyMouse

Ohhhh god lol I know where to find pics of when I was 12-13 on an old forum but...to show or not to show XD they are god AWFULL LOLOL I dressed hippyish-normal :w: but they were Halloween so I was kinda dressed as a cat XD...still...it's AWFULL lol

...ehhhhh ill prbly pull them up XD

I might probably find really embarrassing pictures of myself from like 10 years ago, but to be honest, if I compare myself from 6 years ago to my current self it's not that bad! Honestly!

ice_cream.jpg

I think this is from when I was 16. So... 7 years ago. The only actual awfulness of it is my photoshopping skills. :'D Being that... ehh... my eyes are not really blue. And I don't think anyone's eyes are THAT blue. And everything else from softblurring to artistic "I'll make everything else gray except for myself so that my awesome red hair color stands out". Ugh. Seriously, I'm more embarrassed how UNNATURAL this pic looks due to photoshop rather than the way I actually look. And this is from my worst weeaboo times. Could be worse, honestly.

DSC_0342.jpg

A year later. A ruffled-fuckin'-lolita-phase. And pink hair. God I loved that hair. When it was just dyed and still vibrant. Make up skills almost unexistent. T's alright though. I still don't think I looked THAT bad.

And from there to this (note: 6 years of time between this and the lolita pic):

mew2_zps9665bd72.jpg

The difference? Minor. I added some contact lenses and uhh... toned down my style a bit? And have a less funky hair color, which is surely to change once I manage to dye my hair dark grey.  Too bad I don't have any pictures of my goth phase from when I was 14 and 15. :'D I didn't fail that either, I think! Back then I looked better than I ever have. Probably because I was thinner. So uhhhhh.... what can I say? I have never been embarrassing~ (Someone might say otherwise but fuck him)

I might probably find really embarrassing pictures of myself from like 10 years ago, but to be honest, if I compare myself from 6 years ago to my current self it's not that bad! Honestly!

ice_cream.jpg

I think this is from when I was 16. So... 7 years ago. The only actual awfulness of it is my photoshopping skills. :'D Being that... ehh... my eyes are not really blue. And I don't think anyone's eyes are THAT blue. And everything else from softblurring to artistic "I'll make everything else gray except for myself so that my awesome red hair color stands out". Ugh. Seriously, I'm more embarrassed how UNNATURAL this pic looks due to photoshop rather than the way I actually look. And this is from my worst weeaboo times. Could be worse, honestly.

DSC_0342.jpg

A year later. A ruffled-fuckin'-lolita-phase. And pink hair. God I loved that hair. When it was just dyed and still vibrant. Make up skills almost unexistent. T's alright though. I still don't think I looked THAT bad.

And from there to this (note: 6 years of time between this and the lolita pic):

mew2_zps9665bd72.jpg

The difference? Minor. I added some contact lenses and uhh... toned down my style a bit? And have a less funky hair color, which is surely to change once I manage to dye my hair dark grey.  Too bad I don't have any pictures of my goth phase from when I was 14 and 15. :'D I didn't fail that either, I think! Back then I looked better than I ever have. Probably because I was thinner. So uhhhhh.... what can I say? I have never been embarrassing~ (Someone might say otherwise but fuck him)

Hey, at least you managed to dye your hair a solid color, unlike mine which was like....5 and gross 

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead instead of creating a "post embarrassing old photos of yourself!" thread XD

I was looking for some old photos of myself to demonstrate to a friend my terrible lack of fashion sense/self-awareness and I stumbled upon this "gem"

198996_4838362676_2974_n.jpg

...I was 18 in this picture. There are literally not enough excuses in the world to explain away something like this happening :'D I was a really goony goon as a teenager though, but unfortunately(or luckily?) I can only find one photo older than this and it's rather gay, so I'll keep that left in the bowels of the internet :v

To keep in the spirit of the thread though, here's a newer...ish picture of me. Luckily ゆうぎ was kind enough to take me under her wing and teach me how to dress not like a complete dork, so I'd like to say I improved XD

15988_10100596480630159_1740919513_n.jpg

A bit over a year old, but that's probably accurate enough for how I currently look(I really miss those boots though :( )

Also: bonus totally awesome and not embarrassing kiddo pic

1621737_10151891367548016_1703603858_n.j

Thanks Mr. Panda.

Luckily I was the fourth (and last kid) in my family, so taking photos of me was old news. Don't have much pictures of me hanging around the shelves~ I have actually couple of old school pictures which were pretty embarrassing, but I will never show them to anyone (not even mom has seen them...)

So let's see, the first one was taken in -96, when I was almost two years old and was in hospital because of leukemia:

ac4a3893-9b1a-4df2-91f9-fcd814fe8520_zps

The second and the third ones are from -97 (3 years old):

The right one:

62a7cbab-46eb-4be1-ad7b-6c3bef92c024_zps

af3e7071-3157-4a11-87c0-60e264771db0_zps

Aaand the fourth one is where I am with my sister. I am the smaller version. :D The year was -00, and I was 6 years old.

0479cf8b-c614-4344-b17d-4f4e240426fa_zps

Won't show any other ones though, maybe later when I can scan these. The embarassing pictures are too rainy/bad quality and you can't see anything from it, sorry Mr. Panda.

And now:

2014-02-10114637_zps22b4656b.jpg

A year ago:

3224ec84-a984-44be-add8-6b966f362496_zps

img817446694.jpeg

img1304698374.jpeg

lwfd.jpg

--------------

img786174379.jpeg

img1205420527.jpeg

awww linh you look so pretty ;____;