Velovelo

Truly crappy Western "visual kei" inspired music

On 5/24/2020 at 6:43 PM, saiko said:

It's kind of a sinister feeling one gets while watching the ridiculous scenario of a pack of "users" actively giving a stuff you know it's ridiculous, nonsensical, inconsistent, etc. a lot of attention all of a sudden...

just because you've just discovered a seven years old thread specifically started to ridicule asinine visual kei self-parody acts doesn't mean anything about it is ridiculous itself, dldr.

the most sinister thing about Yugiohio on this board to date is his weird scandinavian stan with 20 accounts arguing with each other and dragging other users into their madness.

Yohio is not just some dude like the guys from Emmuree or like Aie who do visual kei as a lifestyle for the love of the sport. He is a sunglasses-indoors-wearing blowhard who's portraying himself as a living legend hot shit CEO. For him to not reach a certain level he aspires to would be devastating. It's make it or break it for him to get there right now with the vision he had envisaged years ago with KEIOS, Desaiha, Lovelipop etc. 

And I actually have to disagree, I don't think he is that productive. Right now is the only time he has been consistent since the melodifestivalen hype when he put out two albums in short order, which ended after they forgot about him in Sweden and his second attempt at Eurovision flopped. His release schedule right now is making me so angry, like why does he put out single songs constantly without even really promoting them before he moves on to promoting the next one! The only good rollout he has done recently was for his previous solo track. It'd do better to have put out all the english DISREIGN tracks as a EP because they're already super mediocre so at least you could put 4 or 5 in one package with a PV and a ballad and promote it for weeks and not move on from one to the next without anyone caring.  No one has a relationship with the English DISREIGN and I've seen even his fans being confused and unenthusiastic. Right now there's a new DISREIGN track coming up with almost no warning and he already has three DISREIGN releases in the bag without a PV, and those PVs are his most popular content. He should've put out the DISREIGN tracks as an EP as well that he really actually promoted, and done the legwork in Japan if possible. I just don't think he can stomach playing second fiddle at a multi-man event where only 3 people came to see him, because unlike what his socials would tell you I don't think he can even draw a decent crowd in Stockholm, let alone in Japan. 

My armchair booking for him would be releasing YOHIO solo tracks as stand-alone and build up for the album like he's doing, then DISREIGN and english DISREIGN tracks as either 2 track singles or minis with PVs. And it's better for him to put out one release a year that he'd promote right, instead of shitting out tracks without promoting any of them. Less is more etc.  And while I'm sure he is busy playing CEO right now with dad's cash, he could even take a video of him recording something and post it as a daily Vlog because his ( small ) fanbase loves that. The way he abandoned his Patreon too just lowers the value of his brand and decreases the trust between him and the people dumb enough to pay for this trash. 

And this thread is great because after all, I think all this western stuff does deserve attention. For one, it's an outgrowth from vk culture so it is interesting in like a scholarly sense, and second the ones that are doing this are the ones who are brave and stupid enough to realise the dreams that more than a few members of this board have had myself included; and as an extension of that it's our duty to savagely tear down their hopes and dreams if necessary. If I was doing music I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Disposable

On 5/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, Disposable said:

just don't think he can stomach playing second fiddle at a multi-man event where only 3 people came to see him, because unlike what his socials would tell you I don't think he can even draw a decent crowd in Stockholm, let alone in Japan. 

Have you seen his first live dvd ? It's full of little fan Girls. I know it's a bit long time ago, but i don't think fans disappear like that.

53 minutes ago, Kirito said:

Have you seen his first live dvd ? It's full of little fan Girls. I know it's a bit long time ago, but i don't think fans disappear like that.

Trust me, you struggle to find people who remember him in Sweden. You have to prod like 5 minutes and then they'll go like "oh yeah that guy"

On 5/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, Kirito said:

And you don't think it's possible some bands are just having fun making music... ? I mean, nowadays it's very crazy to think your gonna make a living with your band. It's possible, but you cannot do music for this reason.

Some can, but still playing lives is important. 

lives are important to find and to keep your fans. 

4 hours ago, BrenGun said:

Some can, but still playing lives is important. 

lives are important to find and to keep your fans. 

I totally agree with you.

I was just thinking that some bands can do everything for fun and even live show.

But I don't exclude that doing music cost a lot of money, and It's good if at least you can get the amount you invest. Music videos, equipment, sound production , artworks....

Edited by Kirito

On 6/10/2020 at 5:48 AM, Karma’s Hat said:

Trust me, you struggle to find people who remember him in Sweden. You have to prod like 5 minutes and then they'll go like "oh yeah that guy"

Same here in Japan, and in my experience pretty much those who do recall just think he did that first release. 

i still say VK is better done by japanese !!non japanese vk suck...its too much copying form japnese vk bands including american vk etc its like aculturating to lang and culture it isnt there own weeabooism much? 

i see it more nonvk any band non japanese trying make band cant reach hights in my expectations only japanese make better VK than outside countries doing VK non japanese

Well although it was way early and I think they weren't influenced by them 

Limp bizkit wes (guitarist) sometimes wore huge iris's and sometimes dressed up silly 

Mudwayne a band I don't like had a identity crysis when they randomly dressed up as clowns or just demons