sai

Biggest crimes in Japanese music

Guest mitsubana

To a certain degree I feel like the live-limited CDs/DVDs is a crime...but if I lived in Japan I know I wouldn't feel this way. I wish I could get those live-limited goods, and sometimes I can online for used, but it just...kinda bites. But I know it's a way they can make money and get fans to attend concerts, etc. 

Most things in visual kei are a crime. Starting from their looks (mostly the neon coloured, flashy kawaii bands, but also the fashion accidents of the early visual scene ca. 1988-1993...), the non-existing knowledge how to play instruments and more than 3 chords on your guitar, the bad vocalists, the cheesy or plain boring music videos, the terrible low-budget production of CDs... and yet those things are what makes visual kei awesome again.

Though I feel a very big crime is the whole Metalcore trend which has infected visual kei. Neither can I stand the musical style itself, nor can I keep listening to bad visual kei singers trying to pull off the growling and screaming. Most of them just sound like pigs being slaughtered or dying walruses. It also hurts to listen to when it is totally obvious and audible that the singer is going to ruin his vocal cords. Bad, bad.

I can't really say anything about japanese music in general (as vk is only a very small fraction of it).

About that I'd also like to add the tons of gory videos, and what was discussed on my PV thread. So sick of seeing popping eyeballs and ripped beating hearts o_O 

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean everyone dislikes it. Many bands create something different than mainstream music and they want to shock people, but there's also audience who likes this kind of stuff (like me, for example), so it's the matter of taste. The real art shouldn't be censored, as long as no one gets hurt in the process (torturing animals for "art" isn't okay, for example). If you don't like it, just don't watch it.

Guest mitsubana

I think I posted here about live-limited singles, but I also have another beef with V-Kei.... The multiple versions of CDs and DVDs... I understand the reasons it's done, but it can just be frustrating. If it's my most favorite band ever, I'll buy all versions. But with Jupiter I am irritated. "Blessing of the Future" singles' only difference? The limited edition one comes with a DVD and photobooklet. It has the same songs as the regular edition. I realized this (cuz most times they don't do this), so I just canceled my preorder of the regular edition and kept limited edition. Woulda wasted money if I hadn't realized they were both the same, except that the limited edition came with more goodies and still had the same songs. But for the three different editions for their upcoming full-length album... Grrrr.... I can't decide which one I want, because I'm not buying all of them; they all have the same tracklist. The only different is that the two limited edition have DVDs with different stuff. It's stupid. Why can't they just have two editions not three?

I think I posted here about live-limited singles, but I also have another beef with V-Kei.... The multiple versions of CDs and DVDs... I understand the reasons it's done, but it can just be frustrating. If it's my most favorite band ever, I'll buy all versions. But with Jupiter I am irritated. "Blessing of the Future" singles' only difference? The limited edition one comes with a DVD and photobooklet. It has the same songs as the regular edition. I realized this (cuz most times they don't do this), so I just canceled my preorder of the regular edition and kept limited edition. Woulda wasted money if I hadn't realized they were both the same, except that the limited edition came with more goodies and still had the same songs. But for the three different editions for their upcoming full-length album... Grrrr.... I can't decide which one I want, because I'm not buying all of them; they all have the same tracklist. The only different is that the two limited edition have DVDs with different stuff. It's stupid. Why can't they just have two editions not three?

That's cuz some people don't really value photobooks, making-ofs(cant understand japanese) and MVs. I collect posters and live footage for example and that's what I would value more than MVs and photos. It allows me to have some decision whether or not I should spend the extra 10-20 for MVs and photobook when the regular ed already comes with a poster and often extra songs. Or the instances when you have the option for live footage vs MVs(Mejibray did this for Messiah) I chose live and it came with a signed poster already so yay.

Guest mitsubana

That's cuz some people don't really value photobooks, making-ofs(cant understand japanese) and MVs. I collect posters and live footage for example and that's what I would value more than MVs and photos. It allows me to have some decision whether or not I should spend the extra 10-20 for MVs and photobook when the regular ed already comes with a poster and often extra songs. Or the instances when you have the option for live footage vs MVs(Mejibray did this for Messiah) I chose live and it came with a signed poster already so yay.

Naw, you're right. It depends on which one you want the most too.. If you prefer the music videos over the live footage, etc. That's a very good point~ Sometimes it can be frustrating when you want both haha  Thanks for your insight!

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean everyone dislikes it. Many bands create something different than mainstream music and they want to shock people, but there's also audience who likes this kind of stuff (like me, for example), so it's the matter of taste. The real art shouldn't be censored, as long as no one gets hurt in the process (torturing animals for "art" isn't okay, for example). If you don't like it, just don't watch it.

Aw stop preaching. This is my opinion and I'm stating it. You don't have to agree.  

You mean like this? xD No thanks, I will watch what I want. 

220px-Horses_2.jpg

Either way it doesn't mean the same thing has to be copied over and over 10 thousand times.

This threads is about what we consider big crimes and things we don't want to see or happen or what pisses us really off... not what we personally dislike about jrock or visual kei. And stating that gory PVs are a crime and therefore shouldn't be made or even exist is not the same as saying "I dislike gory PVs". At least that's how I interpret the sense of this discussion.

I guess I know what kind of bands you are reffering to and I'd say "well, unlucky, but these bands both have the looks and image connected with eroguro, (body) horror and shock value, so what do you expect?" Sure, you are free to dislke what they do and nobody forces you to watch their music videos. Nobody is preaching anything either, but stating their opinion, just like you, Umi_Niwa.

About the copies thing... I believe the PV thread has shown that there are a lot of very diverse PVs. Sure, the bloody stuff is always pretty similiar, but that's not unusual about visual kei. Bands always have copied each other. You just need a few bandmembers who saw Diru's Zan PV and thought "that weird crazy shit is rad, let's do something similiar!"

But as much as there are tons of bloody music videos there are equally (if not more) totally bland, uninspiring PVs with bands posing in front of a simple location or Green Screen.

I'd rather prefer to watch Pvs with exploding hearts and Kyouki eating some girl's brain than watching a PV full of face closups and sparkles and bad CGI and shit... in the end it is always about subjective, personal taste.

(and before you again feel like I am attacking you, Umi_NIwa: this was just my opinion, my two cents about this and I do not have the intention of pissing you off.)

About that I'd also like to add the tons of gory videos, and what was discussed on my PV thread. So sick of seeing popping eyeballs and ripped beating hearts o_O 

Lol, this. It comes off so try-hard in most cases.

oh also that Himitsu Kessha Codomo A drummer who stole money and handed out  the vocalists personal information iirc

Dude this one T___T

I loved Codomo A and then that DICK had to go and do that shit.

and Kibouya Honpo isnt even close to the awesome sauce that Codomo was.

I wanted to say something lol-worthy but all I can think of is Mashiro and his fucking cat scratch vocals and how I loathe them.

rofl. idk im not funny.

But he also did all that weird shit with some 14 year old girl and they both looked like lesbians? idk.

fm2tl1.jpg2u9ty74.jpg

ugh.

Yeah rumours were that she was his girlfriend and that he got her pregnant and that that would be the main reason why his band disbanded last year (or was it the year before that?). Then again these are all rumours that probably find their origin on tanuki so I wouldn't immediately see it as something that's definitely legit.

Yeah rumours were that she was his girlfriend and that he got her pregnant and that that would be the main reason why his band disbanded last year (or was it the year before that?). Then again these are all rumours that probably find their origin on tanuki so I wouldn't immediately see it as something that's definitely legit.

That was a different rumor not related to the pictures. Those pictures were posted on the girl's ameblo way before Paradeis' disband.  http://tanukiwww.livejournal.com/5729.html

Guest mitsubana

^ I never cared for Paradeis... And I hope this is just a rumor and that chick is older than she looks. That's horrible.