Spike760

Alice Nine

yea saw it when it premiered. =/ I guess the best I can say is it isn't completely unlistenable...or at least I don't hate it as much as "Follow me". Unfortunately it's not a B-side so unless they remake that shit I'll have to face it again come album time but right now I'm trying to forget it exists. The Pv destroys my eyeballs, though at least it seems like they tried to go for some kinda story this time? Maybe that's a plus but it doesn't really matter 'cuz I can't watch it without wanting to rip my eyes out so...The b-sides better be friggin' amazing...not just okay or nice but friggin' epic, otherwise I'll just have to be in denial and pretend this "situation" never happened.

Ahahaha. But Follow Me was so lulzy. xD "Forrow mee. Forrow meee~eee~eee." xD

But anyway, yeah this pv and song are terrible. D: It's like Shou forgot how to sing or some shit. I don't get it. :|

Oh god xD I don't even know. It starts off and I'm like okay...then the Forrow me's start and I just want to throw something. Thank goodness it's so short but still I just can't. Shou gets so into it though, I commend him for his conviction lmfao.

And yea, I tend to ride against the shou can't sing sentiment. If anything I love the man's voice to bits, but it's like he just said fuck it on this one. I can't even defend it, I want to but I can't. *sigh* And maybe if the music itself was up to par I could possibly look past it but to be honest even that sounds like they said fuck it. I wonder who composed the thing, I can rule out Tora but it's hard for me to believe that saga endorsed this fail, so I'm going to place this squarely on hiroto's head until I know for sure, which would be a shame after he surprised me with the latter 2 songs on senkou.

Normally the Forrow me's get me laughing so hard everytime. xD I can't take the song seriously at all.

Yeah. I hate when people are all "SHOU'S VOICE WAS THE BEST WHEN ALICE NINE FIRST STARTED." Because... it wasn't. It was terrible until he got those singing lessons. I like Alice Nine mainly because of Shou's singing improvement over the years. His voice isn't perfect but it's his own sound and has it's own qualities that make it interesting. I've never heard anyone that sounds like him before.

Pretty much I can agree with that. I didn't mind his voice in the beginning but yea it needed improvements and I admired him so much for not being satisfied with that and striving to get better. The difference between shou of back then an shou of now is amazing. Back then he seemed so insecure about it and I remember posts where he seemed so disappointed in himself and now these days it's like he fears nothing, going for it on songs, riffing at lives like bitch I got this and I love it. Good for him. Combine that with the fact that yes, his voice is different, I just appreciate what he does. Perfect, no but I love it. He has just the right balance between skill and emotional content these days, so it's quite disappointing that he's worked up to this point and it got thrown to the wind on this one.

I only recently got back in to them as i stopped listening to them awhile back,

then i heard Senkou not long ago and i've had it on my playist since, i don't

know what it is but i love that song, xD.

Pretty much I can agree with that. I didn't mind his voice in the beginning but yea it needed improvements and I admired him so much for not being satisfied with that and striving to get better. The difference between shou of back then an shou of now is amazing. Back then he seemed so insecure about it and I remember posts where he seemed so disappointed in himself and now these days it's like he fears nothing, going for it on songs, riffing at lives like bitch I got this and I love it. Good for him. Combine that with the fact that yes, his voice is different, I just appreciate what he does. Perfect, no but I love it. He has just the right balance between skill and emotional content these days, so it's quite disappointing that he's worked up to this point and it got thrown to the wind on this one.

:hyper: DAMN RIGHT. xD

I ripped the audio (kinda bad quality though), but I liked it. It's not awesome, but still very decent. Worst part is Shou singing: Staaaaaalliiiiight. I know it's "Starlight" , but it sounds that way. I'm curious for the B-sides, I really liked the Senkou Single.

Starlight: is definitely not the shining point of the single. THE B-SIDES ARE SO AMAZING. Shinkirou is adorable and beautiful and Karma is hard rock Alice Nine magnificence. Faith has been restored. 8D CAN'T WAIT FOR WHATEVER IS NEXT.

^ words out of mouth. Seriously I feel so much better now. I've warmed up to Stargazer a bit after seeing it live (it kinda lacks some of the over-bearing gooeyness live so it didn't sound as bad) but it's still mediocre at best and will be falling on the back burner of alice nine. songs. The B-sides though remind me why I love this band and means I don't have to pretend this single doesn't exist!

Is it just me or does Shinkirou feel just a smidgen old school? I like it though and at any rate it's fun and the boys are back in form. One of the things I enjoy about them is that they aren't a heavy chugga chugga band and at the same time they aren't creepily cutesy-wootesy, they have balance and this song reminds me of that as I think it's what Stargazer could've been if they just dialed it back some. Then there's Karma, best song of the single definitely. Not only is it glorious ear-sex but it also redeemed shou like mad, I'm still fanning over this damn thing. Happiness ~

CAN'T WAIT FOR WHATEVER IS NEXT.

This.

I've been thinking since this was released so soon after senkou and they're usually the 3 singles and then album type deal, what their next move will be. But I'm wondering if Hana will count considering it was released with King Records and it did find it's way on the single collection anyway, so we may get another single in. Anyway if they keep this up (sans Stargazer:) whatever it is will be great.

Ahaha. Shinkirou feels like something from way before. :'D I love it. Def old school. And Karma. OH MAN. DAT SONG. @_@

I think Hana was just one of those... after album releases. So I think there is a good chance we have another single coming and then an album. :'D I bet the title song of the next single will be a million times better than Stargazer:. Like... The song is pretty cute and shit but I just can't get a feel for it. But Karma and Shinkirou. FUCK. They are so awesome.

Hah good so it wasn't just me. :D

Yea, I think/hope so too. Stargazer: does get more tolerable with time but they can do soooo much better and they will. I have faith in mah boyz.

Didn't think we'd get another one, to be honest. Normally bands release 3 singles before a new album. We had three, Hana, Senkou and Stargazer. I forgot about Hana too XDD

K I don't want to clutter the News thread with my babbling since we have a perfectly fine artist thread.

First thoughts on the tracklist: *__*.

First the splitting up of Gemini, they'd tweeted previously about it saying it was approx. 13 minutes long and saga also said something further about not being sure if people would be willing to listen to something like that since it's no longer the earl 70's (lmao *headdesk*) so I'm not surprised it got split but I think part of me would have thought it pretty badass if they really went ahead and did it lol (Or at least if they made the Pv for the whole thing (with eternal being the -short ver-. That would've been awesome especially if it were mini movie of sorts) That said I'm really excited that they even are attempting something like this, I think it's going to be nothing sort of pure love especially if -0- eternal is any indication. I really want to hear how it progresses. I'm pretty sure like with the previous releases the full Pv will probably be aired publicly on their nico nico show on the 17th but I posted a recording of the song in the news thread ( here it is again but this time less inconspicuous: http://www.mediafire.com/?cazkzjuz5rpf574 tried to remove as much of the feedback as possible, it was pretty impossible to do from any of the actually budokan live so I can't really get 4U out but I was able to do that one).

Sorta surprised they put a B-side on, or at least that none of the previously released songs have been reworked in anyway. It makes me wonder about the flow of the album because imo that's the one thing that for me keeps Vandalize just shy of Zekkeishoku. Because of everything that's been heard so far it will be interesting to me how it gets tied together, if they even attempt to, since I can't quite see it now but If the whole Gemini thing is any indication (not to mention that they picked shinkirou over Le Grand Blu both of which they said could've been the A-side on their respective singles and generally LGB seems to be a favorite) I think they may very well be trying to really build something here.

As far as the samples go, I'm not sure what to think quite yet. I'm excited, they sounded good but it's always a crap-shoot when it comes to me judging their samples.

Other minor ramblings:

I'm particularly fond of the cover artwork.

I know it's strange but I'm kinda happy there's an SE lol Though it's just for the regular edition, I've always really liked their SE's. In the case of cradle to alpha for example which I still like almost as if it were a full song.